~ Where the Sun Will Never Set on Our liberty ~
Understanding the modern world. What it mostly takes is finding out that words mean something different and sometimes the opposite of what they say:
* Gay people are not always laughing or even smiling
* Progressives seem to be against freedom and want to return to the evil kings of the Dark Ages, zero capitalism and civilization, and the return of Bubonic Plague
* Liberals are often oddly the most intolerant people, and some show a total hatred of Republicans, job creators, Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Yazidis, and sometimes even all White people and may even help exclude Asian Americans with high grades from college since they are the wrong race.
* The Affordable Care Act is not ... many pay much higher prices
* "You can keep your Doctor" means "No, you can't"
* "You can keep your Plan" means "No, you can't"
* Civil Servants if they are politicians now want citizens to serve them
* Screams of "racist" often means the person that is screaming it is the real racist.
* The "Religion of Peace" is not, and some in it today still enslave people, torture some, crucify some, behead others for just being different, and practice genocide.
* The "evil rich" when screamed against Capitalism has nothing to with money. It therefore excludes rich Hollywood people living in Malibu who buy $50,000 purses and also rich politicians, but may include as "the evil rich" a poor Asian American who dared to open a store and employ Americans and to help pay down US debt
* "People fighting for rights" are too often people trying to remove reasonable rights from others
* "Higher Education" now seems to mean that professors are so high on drugs or their own incompetence that they teach radical nonsense and hatred of America to students at high prices.
* "Women's Rights" sometimes means "Sue those Little Sisters of the Poor! How dare they give up their lives to help others when they should instead be giving all of their money to Sandra Fluke, a rich politician who recently funded her own campaign."
* "Entitlements" are really a form of slavery, forcing some people to work twice as hard so their new masters need not work at all.
* "Environmental Protection" groups often kill many birds and animals by their wind power and solar panels, and then ignore deaths of even endangered species
* "Quantitative Easing" really means printing huge amounts of money to cover the politicians losses. Since this money is not covered by gold or goods, it will lead to inflation and high interest rates at some point.
* The most transparent US government is not.
* Our Border Patrol is no longer allowed to patrol our border effectively
* Global Warming is not warming, as some say temperatures have been constant now for over 17 years
* Eliminating CO2 is not "going green" since plants need CO2 to live. Eliminate CO2 and you kill plants and then humans shortly later.
* Gun Control is not, since it says that anyone can have a gun except law abiding citizens. Mexico has that. Drug cartels have killed 50,000 before the news stopped counting.
* NSA Spying does not spy on the NSA. It spies on ... you.
* "Separation of Church and State" claimed to be our first amendment is not quite right. In fact none of those three words: separation, church or state are even in the first amendment. What the first amendment does say about religion is that freedom of religion should not be abridged and also that the government should not influence our religious choice - something broken quite often within US Education and other places.
* "Comprehensive Immigration" to me does not mean an open border where any killer can simply walk in and damage the US.
* Our motto "E Pluribus Unum" means tolerance as from many we become one. It does not mean the hatred and intolerance and even mob damage often pushed on by political and ideological groups.
* The opposite of Racism is equality, something almost no one gets right.
When I was young, there was a joke about "How do you know when a Politician is Lying?" The answer was "When they open their lips." It is quite sad to find out that it really is not a joke any more at all, but unfortunately the truth.