~ Where the Sun Will Never Set on Our liberty ~
Hat tip, Bruce O'Hara's e-blast. We are much closer than we think... Read the list and see where we are. My comments are in red, and the bold emphasis was added by me!
January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman's request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following "Current Communist Goals," which she identifies as an excerpt from "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen:
[From "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen]
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength. Barry promised to do this... peace thru appeasement and apology.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination. We do this, one way or another.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.) One-world order, anyone? They are actively working toward this one!
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party. Have you noticed how Communism and Socialism are now generally accepted forms of governing? All they had to do was use these two terms in pleasant settings over a period of time, and people begin to accept it more and fear it less.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States. Yep, just like Khrushchev said...
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights. yep...
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks. Yep, we're there
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions. We're there.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures. There too.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms." Have you seen these? They're everywhere!
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art." Anything come to mind here?
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press. Yep.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV. Anyone NOT notice this????
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy." Or this?
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a "religious crutch." Think about where the churches have gone...
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state." Note this is from 1963.....
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the "big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over. Ok, so now it's Islam and Sharia Law. Who knew?
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture--education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc. This has all happened. The federal government is into each and every one on that list!
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities. God bless our Robin, who is a champion of efforts to bring this BACK! (yeah, it's gone now)
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI. Replace them with what? The TSA? Obama's civilian police force?
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat]. They even gave the 'disorders' cool names and acronyms...
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals. Are some conservatives falling for this by accepting and readily agreeing to the gun control background checks, and quickly agreeing that anyone with a mental disorder shouldn't have a gun......
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce. We've been here for decades already
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents. We are now fighting to retain parental rights! Look at our member, Meredith George, who is a leader in the fight against the UN takeover of parenting!
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use ["]united force["] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government. Look at the Mideast, and what has been happening there for decades!
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
Got chills? Every patriotic American should! This was posted 7 years ago on The Free Republic site. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1561529/posts !
I welcome your comments and thoughts on the list. Bruce listed numbers 15, 16, and 17, and I followed the link. Since we have the room here, I posted it all. God bless ~ JG