White House Confirms Executive Order That Would End Medical Supply Chain Reliance On China

Best news I've heard all day! We should have never allowed this country to become reliant for China for our medicines, EVER!

The order would prevent federal agencies from purchasing medical supplies, including face masks, gloves & ventilators from China.

‘Buy American’ — White House Confirms Executive Order That Will End Medical Supply Chain Reliance On China

White House Director of Trade and Manufacturing Policy Peter Navarro confirmed Wednesday the administration is working on an executive order to eliminate the government’s reliance on foreign-made medical supplies.

The “Buy American” order comes on the heels of concerns expressed by senators during their Tuesday meeting with President Donald Trump on Capitol Hill.

Republican Florida Sen. Marco Rubio said that during the meeting on easing coronavirus-related financial pressures on Americans, he asked Trump to support the Senate’s “efforts to invest in diversifying our supply chain, especially in pharmaceuticals and medical equipment.”

Marco Rubio

@marcorubio
At yesterday’s lunch I asked @POTUS to support our efforts to invest in diversifying our supply chain, especially in pharmaceuticals & medical equipment.

He agreed & his team led by by Peter Navarro are also working on an EO to help address this. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/11/business/economy/coronavirus-chi...

A China Grand Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Holdings facility in Wuhan, China. Supporters of reducing reliance on China have used the coronavirus to highlight what they say is a longstanding vulnerability.

The order would prevent federal agencies from purchasing medical supplies, including face masks, gloves and ventilators, from China.

As the United States has battled the domestic spread of coronavirus, consumers were alerted to the fact that China manufactures an overwhelming percentage of the federal government’s medical equipment. 90 percent of all U.S. antibiotics were manufactured in China.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/11/white-house-executive-order-buy-...

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Until the coronavirus, the majority of us had no idea that China made 90% of our medical supplies and antibiotics. That is scary!  Then China's government spreads propaganda, claiming that our military brought a biological weapon into their country and infected their citizens, threatening to withhold necessary medication from us to fight the coronavirus! We should never have started doing business with communist, and must stop now! 

I had no idea either that China had such a hold over us with regards to our medicines and medical supplies. I believe Trump will make sure this comes to and end.

I think China's hold is worse than we can imagine Lynn. Trump has been fighting against China for years, and it has been an up hill fight all the way! There are a lot of very powerful people that like doing business with the communist, and they will do all in their power to stop Trump from interfering with their communist connections. We all need to fight back right along with Trump if we expect to stop giving our sovereignty away to the communist. 

I doubt that most people knew how much we relied on China for so much medication and medical equipment.   I know I didn’t realize it.  I am very happy with Trump’s moves to get the production of this stuff on American soil.  A country like China should never have been allowed to have so reliant on them!

It's not just medical supplies either, a lot of our products are made in China. In the event of a war, pandemic, or China just wanting to Lord over us, the supply chain would be interrupted.

That’s a real concern, Watchman.  I just hope we can effect this change before China pulls rank, and pulls its products.

Watchman, I believe that it has already been interrupted. Although the stores are restocking, has any one else noticed that certain products are missing or in limited supply?

Great news!

Senator Cotton introduces bill to protect our pharmaceutical supply chain from China!

ARKANSAS, USA — Senator Tom Cotton sent out a news release stating that earlier this month, a Chinese Communist Party propaganda outlet insinuated that Beijing could cut off supplies of life-saving medicine to the United States at any time.

“Unfortunately, this isn’t an empty threat. The United States is dangerously dependent for pharmaceuticals on the very regime whose failures and coverups caused this deadly pandemic to spiral out of control,” wrote Cotton.

Cotton says he has a plan to take back our ability to make pharmaceuticals and medical devices right here in America ending our dependence on Chinese drugs and medical devices.

“For two decades, the CCP has targeted America’s domestic drug manufacturers for destruction, using cartelization, state subsidies and lax safety standards to flood our hospitals and pharmacies with cheap and dangerous Chinese medicine,” wrote Cotton.

93 percent of all imported ibuprofen comes from China, and most of the active ingredients in drugs imported to us from countries like India also come from Chinese superlabs.

“Emergencies like pandemics and wars break down previously dependable supply chains and relationships as nations start to fend for themselves. It’s sadly clear America gave up the ability to fend for ourselves in basic medicine long ago,” wrote Senator Cotton.

Senator Cotton introduced a bill to protect our pharmaceutical supply chain from China.

Cotton wrote “Our bill would require federal entities like the Department of Defense, VA hospitals, Medicare and Medicaid to cut off purchases of drugs with Chinese ingredients no later than 2025. This requirement would phase in over a period of years to give drug companies time to adjust but would put clear pressure on importers to stop doing business with the CCP. The bill also would require drug companies to label the origins of ingredients in their drugs, so U.S. consumers are better informed of where their medicine comes from and whether it’s likely to be safe.”

https://www.5newsonline.com/article/news/cotton-bill-protect-medica...

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

BRING BACK #HUAC

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Jodi180 replied to Robin's discussion Urgent Note From Gen. Flynn: ‘Silent Majority Can No Longer Be Silent’
"Gen Flynn was targeted because he knows where all the Obama & Co. skeletons are.  We…"
Wednesday
Robin posted a discussion

Trump Administration Moves To Withdraw U.S. From World Health Organization

The Trump administration has reportedly taken action toward withdrawing the U.S. from the World…See More
Tuesday
kwicgov55 replied to Robin's discussion Urgent Note From Gen. Flynn: ‘Silent Majority Can No Longer Be Silent’
"General Flynn is right. We have to find a way to stand up and fight back. People are scared to…"
Jul 5
kwicgov55 liked Robin's discussion Urgent Note From Gen. Flynn: ‘Silent Majority Can No Longer Be Silent’
Jul 5
Watchman posted a discussion

How the man who eradicated smallpox would have handled coronavirus

Whether we realize it or not, we have all been part of a grand experiment.  Never before have we…See More
Jul 4
Jodi180 replied to Jodi180's discussion No One's Coming to Save America...We Must Save Ourselves
"The Left's last dash is what's so frightening...'by all means necessary'. What…"
Jul 4
Robin replied to Robin's discussion Appeals court orders Flynn case dismissal, after years-long legal saga
"Sidney Powell: Flynn Knew About CIA Running Billions of Dollars ‘Off the Books’ Sidney…"
Jul 3
Watchman liked Robin's discussion Urgent Note From Gen. Flynn: ‘Silent Majority Can No Longer Be Silent’
Jul 3
Robin liked Jodi180's discussion No One's Coming to Save America...We Must Save Ourselves
Jul 3
Robin posted a discussion

Urgent Note From Gen. Flynn: ‘Silent Majority Can No Longer Be Silent’

Michael Flynn, a 3-star General who has paid a hefty price from this onslaught to take America…See More
Jul 3
kwicgov55 liked Lynn Rackoski's discussion U.N. Chief Guterres Calls for One Supreme Body of ‘Global Governance’
Jul 3
Watchman replied to Jodi180's discussion No One's Coming to Save America...We Must Save Ourselves
"I believe this year has been a wake up call. Everything that could be shaken has been shaken. They…"
Jul 2
Jodi180 posted a discussion

No One's Coming to Save America...We Must Save Ourselves

On this Independence Day, one must wonder, 'will this be the last one we celebrate?'It's truly…See More
Jul 2
Barbara Leypoldt replied to Susan Taylor's discussion Senate Republicans' police reform bill fails on test vote amid Dem opposition
"The left would NEVER give Trump a win on anything! Not shocked at all."
Jul 1
Barbara Leypoldt liked Susan Taylor's discussion Senate Republicans' police reform bill fails on test vote amid Dem opposition
Jul 1
Barbara Leypoldt replied to Robin's discussion Appeals court orders Flynn case dismissal, after years-long legal saga
"General Flynn Was Targeted Because “He Knew About the Billions Brennan and Company Were…"
Jul 1

© 2020   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service