U.N. Summit to Hear Call for Rich Nations to Pay ‘Climate Damage’ Reparations

They can call for anything and Trump will laugh in their faces!

Officials at the United Nations COP25 climate change conference in Madrid next week must consider implementing taxes on developed countries to transfer wealth to nations dealing with “the cost of drought, floods and superstorms made worse by rising temperatures,” more than 150 environmental groups said Friday.

The financial impositions being considered include U.N.-administered taxes on financial transactions, international air travel and fossil fuels.

In an open letter to the president of the COP 25 talks, Chile’s environment minister Carolina Schmidt, the organisations urged agreement on “the creation of a comprehensive financing facility, including debt relief, for developing countries experiencing such disasters.”

The U.N.-sponsored Madrid conference is set to be dominated by discussions on so-called “loss and damage” funding, with a sharp divide between developing nations and richer polluters over how finance should be structured.

Green groups this week claimed the increased pace and intensity of climate disasters, such as the twin cyclones that devastated parts of Mozambique this year, means that funding needs boosting to keep track.

They said the amount needed for loss and damage would top $300 billion annually by 2030.

“Without finance to help countries cope with climate-induced loss and damage, the most vulnerable parts of the world will sink deeper into debt and poverty every time they are hit by climate disasters they did not cause,” the letter said, as quoted by AFP.

President Donald Trump officially withdrew the U.S. from the Paris Climate Accord last month as part of an election promise to voters.

As Breitbart News reported, as far back as June, 2017 Trump said he was looking forward to exiting the agreement.

The president spoke then of following through on his commitments to the American people.

“In order to fulfill my solemn duty to protect America and its citizens, the United States will withdraw from the Paris Climate Accord,” Trump declared.

Compliance with the accord could have cost the U.S. “as much as 2.7 million lost jobs by 2025 according to the National Economic Research Associates,” said Trump. “This includes 440,000 fewer manufacturing jobs — not what we need…”

The Paris Climate Accord will form the basis for any future reparations as decided at COP 25. Almost 25,000 people and 1500 journalists will fly in to Madrid from Monday to attend the meeting.

https://www.breitbart.com/environment/2019/11/29/u-n-summit-to-hear...

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will be working on a new petition and will post it as soon as I am finished. Probably tomorrow during the day as I have no Dr. appts for Rick. Will give me time to work on it.

The UN will not stop! We need to get loud again!

This is just one thing from the UN

United Nations Retweeted
António Guterres
@antonioguterres
·
Nov 28
At next week's #COP25 Climate Conference in Madrid, we need to build on global #ClimateAction momentum and boost ambition even further to protect our planet and our future.

Climate change is running faster than we are. We must stop it.

http://unfccc.int/cop25

Lawsuit Says Obama Entered Paris Climate Agreement Illegally, Cites Mysterious Legal Memo

Former President Barack Obama illegally entered into the Paris climate agreement, a lawsuit filed Monday says, citing a legal memo the Obama administration allegedly used to justify the deal.

The lawsuit asserts that the Obama administration argued the agreement could be signed without Senate approval because it does not set “legally binding targets and timetables.” Such justifications are a misrepresentation of the law, according to the lawsuit.

“This memo demonstrates the Obama administration’s unlawful entry into the Paris treaty,” Chris Horner, a former senior fellow at the Competitive Enterprise Institute, noted in a press statement attached to the lawsuit. The memo “represents a major political and legal scandal,” he added. Horner left CEI in April.

The lawsuit seeks documents related to the memo from the U.S. State Department through a Freedom of Information Act request.

Horner is an attorney at the Government Accountability & Oversight (GAO) in April. The nonprofit group filed the lawsuit on behalf of Energy Policy Advocates. He cited a legal memo that allegedly justifies Obama’s decision to enter the climate deal, which compels the U.S. and 200 other countries to cut greenhouse gas emissions 26% to 28% by 2025.

Senate approval is required for any international deal that seeks “to adopt 1 targets and timetables,” not merely those that are “legally binding,” Horner noted in the lawsuit, referring to a referendum produced by the Senate in 1992 after the Kyoto Protocol, an international climate agreement designed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The U.S. never ratified Kyoto.
https://dailycaller.com/2019/11/04/trump-paris-climate-obama/

John Kerry launches 'World War Zero' climate activism coalition

Check out the list of the JOKERS Kerry is dragging along for this farce!

Former Senator and Secretary of State John Kerry (D-Mass.) is launching a new bipartisan coalition of world leaders and celebrities to push for an active strategy against climate change on Sunday.

Dubbed "World War Zero," the activist group's goal is to unite "unlikely allies with one common mission: making the world respond to the climate crisis the same way we mobilized to win World War II," according to its website.

Headlining the group are former presidents Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter, former governors Arnold Schwarzenegger and John Kasich, Leonardo DiCaprio, Sting and Ashton Kutcher, the New York Times reports.

In total, there are over 60 founding members in the coalition.

In an interview with the Times, Kerry said that the coalition will hold town hall meetings around the country beginning in January.

"We're going to try to reach millions of people, Americans and people in other parts of the world, in order to mobilize an army of people who are going to demand action now on climate change sufficient to meet the challenge," Kerry told the paper.

Following the coalition's official launch Sunday, diplomats will gather in Madrid on Monday for global climate negotiations meant to strengthen the 2015 Paris Agreement.

President Trump is expected to withdraw the United States from the accords next year, which will make the U.S. the only country in the world not a part of the accords.

Additionally, a report from the United Nations this week showed that the world's richest nations are not doing enough to combat climate change, the Times reports. According to report, carbon emissions from China and the U.S., the world's largest polluters are increasing instead of decreasing.

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/472485-john-kerry-lau...

Sara A. Carter
@SaraCarterDC

#COP25 / CLIMATE #SCANDAL:

@UNFCCC
received $41.8Mill for 2018-19 budget to save the world. This is how
@UN
spent it:

- $31.8M staff sal/trvl/ops
- $4.1M in real climate prg

https://saraacarter.com

https://twitter.com/SaraCarterDC/status/1201201824281313285

The UN needs to go. 

Now wo they want this. 

UN Secretary General Proposes Sending A Global Military Force Into Gaza To Defend Hamas

https://www.3ccorp.net/2019/12/01/united-nations-secretary-general-...

They sure do! I'm still working on a new petition for the site.

It is nothing but a big fat scam! Always has been a scam. Power and money grabbing globalists. It's the New World Order!

WATCH: Trump Science Advisor...Will Happer Says Global Warming Is a ‘Scam’

(Madrid, Spain) — President Trump’s former Science Advisor, Dr William Happer, has spoken out against the global warming scare.

“It’s a scam,” he says.

Happer, Professor of Physics Emeritus at Princeton University and, till September this year, the science advisor on the Trump Administration’s National Security Council, was speaking to Breitbart News in Madrid, Spain, at a conference staged by the Heartland Institute.

He described how he first spotted the nature of the scam during the Clinton era, when he was briefly director of the Department of Energy’s Office of Science before being sacked by Vice President Al Gore. Gore didn’t like the way Happer was asking so many inconvenient questions about his friends’ supposed “climate” research projects.

Happer said: “I’d have people come into my office in Washington once a week and tell me about the work they were doing. We were spending the taxpayers’ money and had a big budget — $3.5 billion — which was worth a lot back then. Most of them were very happy to tell a bureaucrat what they were doing. They were surprised and flattered to be invited. But the exception was people in climate, who were always very defensive. ‘Why do you want me to come to Washington?’ they’d say. ‘We work for Mister Gore.’

That’s when I began to realise that there was something funny about this area of science […] They would show up. But it would be very painful seminars, not like normal seminars. We were supporting the Human Genome Project and those scientists couldn’t wait to come to Washington and tell me about the latest gene sequencing machine and how well it was doing and how cheap it was. It would be the same with the high energy physicists in their search for the top quark and how close they had come. I wondered: ‘Why don’t the climate scientists feel the same way?'”

Asked whether he thought Al Gore knows it’s a scam or whether he genuinely believes in man-made “global warming”, Happer said:

“You know, I’ve asked myself that question many times. I’ve met him once or twice. I still don’t know what the answer is. It has been very profitable for him so he’s a very wealthy man.”

Happer also spoke to the Heartland Institute about his time in the White House and his views on climate change. You can see the interview here.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2019/12/07/trump-science-advisor-w...

Watch John Coleman, founder of the Weather Channel, school CNN on the fake money grabbing climate change hoax

Video https://twitter.com/DrEtiquette/status/1203679575772811264

U.N. Warns U.S. It Cannot Escape Paying Punitive Climate ‘Reparations’

The United States was warned Wednesday by the United Nations it cannot avoid compensating poorer nations hit by climate change, despite Donald Trump honoring his election promise of leaving the 2015 Paris climate agreement.

Delegates and observers at the COP25 negotiations in Madrid told AFP that Washington seeks a change to the U.N. climate convention that could release it from punitive “loss and damage” funding for developing nations which is predicted to run into the billions of dollars.

Under the bedrock U.N. climate treaty, adopted in 1992, rich nations agreed to help developing countries prepare for unavoidable future climate impacts — the twin pillars of “mitigation” and “adaptation”.

But there was no provision for helping countries and small island states now calling for compensation.

Want Breaking News from Breitbart Direct to Your Inbox? Takes Just 2 Seconds...
Enter your email address
A new mechanism was established in 2013, but with damage estimates climbing, there is no agreement on where the money might come from or even if it should be paid, although the U.S. is constantly the target of calls for financial reparations because it is rich, successful and a dominant world economic force.

One of the tasks facing delegates in Madrid is reviewing the framework for how countries might pay and account for this money.

A document said to be circulated by U.S. negotiators to delegation heads, seen by AFP, proposes to transpose a key provision under the 2015 Paris agreement — from which the United States is withdrawing — and apply it to the wider COP process, where the U.S. will maintain a seat at the table.

As Breitbart News reported, the financial impositions being considered include U.N.-administered taxes on financial transactions, international air travel and fossil fuels.

In an open letter to the president of the COP 25 talks, Chile’s environment minister Carolina Schmidt, the organisations urged agreement on “the creation of a comprehensive financing facility, including debt relief, for developing countries experiencing such disasters.”

Green groups have claimed the increased pace and intensity of climate disasters, such as the twin cyclones that devastated parts of Mozambique this year, means that funding needs boosting to keep track.

They said the amount needed for loss and damage would top $300 billion annually by 2030, of which the majority of which is expected to be invoiced to the U.S.

As Breitbart News reported, as far back as June, 2017 Trump said he was looking forward to exiting the agreement.

The president spoke then of following through on his commitments to the American people.

“In order to fulfill my solemn duty to protect America and its citizens, the United States will withdraw from the Paris Climate Accord,” Trump declared.

Compliance with the accord could have cost the U.S. “as much as 2.7 million lost jobs by 2025 according to the National Economic Research Associates,” said Trump. “This includes 440,000 fewer manufacturing jobs — not what we need…”

The Paris Climate Accord will form the basis for any future reparations as decided at COP 25. Almost 25,000 people and 1500 journalists are in Madrid to attend the meeting.
https://www.breitbart.com/environment/2019/12/11/u-n-warns-u-s-cann...

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

BRING BACK #HUAC

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

kwicgov55 replied to Robin's discussion Senate passes USMCA, giving Trump back-to-back trade wins
"The only concern, is what type of compromises were made for the democrats in the house? Where the…"
Saturday
kwicgov55 liked Robin's discussion Senate passes USMCA, giving Trump back-to-back trade wins
Saturday
kwicgov55 replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Senate Opens Impeachment Trial Against President Trump: Chief Justice John Roberts Sworn In
"Of anyone that could be chosen to preside over the phony impeachment trial, Roberts is a traitor!…"
Saturday
kwicgov55 liked Fundamental Refounding's discussion Senate Opens Impeachment Trial Against President Trump: Chief Justice John Roberts Sworn In
Saturday
kwicgov55 replied to Jodi180's discussion Journalist Accosted By Toronto Police at Soleimani Mourning
"Canada has fallen. Disgusting that the Canadian government has embraced the enemy and given them a…"
Saturday
kwicgov55 liked Jodi180's discussion Journalist Accosted By Toronto Police at Soleimani Mourning
Saturday
kwicgov55 replied to Jerseygal's discussion The Iranian People Do NOT Hate America!
"Thanks JG. Love that as an Iranian, she spoke the real truth, not the lies fake news spews! Shared."
Saturday
kwicgov55 replied to Jerome's discussion SO, WHO STILL THINKS HILLARY WILL BE PROSECUTED???
"I agree Jerome. "
Saturday
kwicgov55 liked Jerome's discussion SO, WHO STILL THINKS HILLARY WILL BE PROSECUTED???
Saturday
kwicgov55 liked Jerome's discussion SO, WHO STILL THINKS HILLARY WILL BE PROSECUTED???
Saturday
Watchman replied to Jerome's discussion SO, WHO STILL THINKS HILLARY WILL BE PROSECUTED???
"I'm inclined to agree Jerome. One man can only do so much, and he wont be in office forever.…"
Friday
Jerome replied to Jerome's discussion SO, WHO STILL THINKS HILLARY WILL BE PROSECUTED???
"I admire you optimism Robin, I truly do.  I also hope you are proven right, very much…"
Friday
Fundamental Refounding replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Senate Opens Impeachment Trial Against President Trump: Chief Justice John Roberts Sworn In
"Specially made pens for the signing by Nancy Pelosi"
Friday
Fundamental Refounding replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Senate Opens Impeachment Trial Against President Trump: Chief Justice John Roberts Sworn In
"So Solemn, Nancy! "It was unusual to see that kind of ceremony and handing out the pens and…"
Friday
Fundamental Refounding posted a discussion

Senate Opens Impeachment Trial Against President Trump: Chief Justice John Roberts Sworn In

WASHINGTON – Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts was sworn in Thursday to preside over the…See More
Friday
Robin replied to Jodi180's discussion Journalist Accosted By Toronto Police at Soleimani Mourning
"This is nuts! The world has gone insane."
Thursday

© 2020   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service