Trump Just Saved Taxpayers $150 BILLION With Brand New Welfare Rule

Good News!

The Trump Administration has unveiled a new welfare rule that will save American taxpayers an estimated $150 billion.

As noted by The Western Journal, the new rule will close numerous loopholes in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program that states have been exploiting to exempt large portions of food stamp recipients from work requirements.

The new rule changes the application process for food stamps from every two years to every one year as well as tightens the unemployment requirements for applicants.

For years, states have been legally allowed to submit requests to the Federal Nutrition Service to waive the federal work requirement for adults without dependents so that they could receive taxpayer-funded food stamps.

The loopholes essentially have been allowing able-bodied, healthy people to receive government assistance when they were perfectly capable of getting a job.

But the Trump administration is closing those loopholes.

USDA Secretary Sonny Perdue said in a statement that the rule change will save an estimated $15 billion every year over the next 10 years, bringing the total to $150 billion in the next decade.

“A central theme of the Trump administration has been to expand prosperity for all Americans, which includes helping people lift themselves out of pervasive poverty. The proposed rule, he added, “restores the dignity of work to a sizable segment of our population, which it’s also respectful of the taxpayers who fund the program.”

Get Your FREE ‘Build The Wall’ Coin While Supplies Last

Kristina Rasmussen, vice president of federal affairs at FGA, released a statement applauding the rule change, and even argued more could be done to combat states exploiting food stamp requirements.

“More loopholes still need to be closed to prevent states from further abusing the process. The Department should be commended for asking questions and requesting comments on several areas that can be tightened further to promote work, including grouping of jurisdictions. There is now an opportunity for the administration to promote work for able-bodied adults even further.”

https://ilovemyfreedom.org/trump-unveils-new-welfare-rule-potus-jus...

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One of my friends is an employee in a local school district.  She encourages ALL families with students to apply for free or reduced lunches - whether or not you need the help - because the state (and federal) aid is determined by the number of applicants, and not the actual need! 

Wow, just wow! And they wonder why the govt and states are broke.

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

BRING BACK #HUAC

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

kwicgov55 replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"Thanks for the information Duke. Your post is the first notification that I have received from FR…"
18 hours ago
Duke posted a status
"Look at "Nuremberg 2.0 friends, on you tube."
yesterday
Duke replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"The big "SCAM", it's all been a lie.  Please check out "Nuremberg…"
yesterday
"I believe you are right Watchman. I also think that the presidential election isn't the only…"
Jun 7
"I've wondered the same thing Watchman. I haven't had any notifications from FR in months.…"
Jun 7
Jodi180 replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"Wow...that sounds like a horrible winter!  Good to hear your getting mobile and feeling…"
Jun 2
Ruthann replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"Hi Jodi, I was sick most of the winter passing out & dizzy. Nothing worst then regaining…"
Jun 1
"Hi Ruthann...good to see you back here.  Yep, think it's high time to regroup!"
Jun 1
Ruthann posted discussions
May 27
Ruthann replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"I check in from time to time but there never seems to be anyone here.  HELLO! IS ANYONE STILL…"
May 26
"I agree.  We need a movement like 2009. According to the talking heads, cRATS can expect a…"
May 8
Watchman replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"I think we have a good idea how it happened, and it was executed brilliantly. They used Covid as…"
May 7
kwicgov55 liked Jodi180's discussion "Why Vaccine Passports Equal Slavery Forever"
May 5
Jodi180 posted a discussion

"Why Vaccine Passports Equal Slavery Forever"

Um...anyone else unnerved by this vid?According to Dr. Wolf...this will probably get me on a list.See More
May 3
"Still trying to understand how this happened? I think we're shell-shocked, Watchman."
May 3
Watchman posted a discussion

Where is everyone?

It's been really quiet since the phony inauguration on Jan 20th. Where is everyone?See More
May 2

© 2021   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service