President Donald Trump ordered airstrikes in response to the chemical weapons attack Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad

On Thursday, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said “steps are under way” to form an international coalition to remove the president of Syria Bashar al-Assad after Tuesday’s chemical bombings in Syria.

Partial transcript as follows:

TILLERSON: Well obviously, the events that have occurred in Syria with the chemical weapons attack here in the past day I think have just horrified all of us and brought to the front pages and to our television screens as well the tragedy that is part of the Syrian conflict. There is no doubt in our mind and the information we have supports that Syria, the Syrian regime under the leadership of Bashar al-Assad are responsible for this attack and I think further it’s very important that the Russian government consider carefully their continued support for the Assad regime.

REPORTER: Does Assad have to go?

TILLERSON: Assad’s role in the future is uncertain and with the acts that he has taken, it would seem that there would be no role for him to govern the Syrian people.

REPORTER: And what steps is the United States prepared to take in order to remove him from power?

TILLERSON: The process by which Assad would leave I think requires an international community effort, both to first defeat ISIS within Syria, to stabilize the Syrian country, to avoid further civil war and then to work collectively with our partners around the world through a political process that would lead to Assad leaving.

REPORTER: So will you and President Trump organize an international coalition to remove Assad?

TILLERSON: Those steps are under way.

REPORTER: Has President Trump been talking about that with other leaders.

TILLERSON:  We are considering an appropriate response which violates all previous U.N. resolutions, violates international norms and long-held agreements between parties including the Syrian regime, the Russian government and all other members of the U.N. Security Council. It’s a serious matter. It requires a serious response. Thank you.

www.breitbart.com/vi/A6ilb">http://linkis.com/www.breitbart.com/vi/A6ilb

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Note the use of weasel-words like "known" and "declared" CWs.

Russia: Syria Willing to Comply With Military Base Investigation

Russia: Syria Willing to Comply With Military Base Investigation

Russian President Vladimir Putin will appeal to the United Nations for an investigation into last Tuesday's chemical attack in Syria, the Associated Press is reporting. Shortly after that statement, Col. Gen. Sergei Rudskoy of the Russian General Staff said that Syria is willing to allow inspections of its military bases.

The Trump administration responded to the chemical attack with an airstrike that struck the Syrian airfield believed to have launched the chemicals. The Assad regime has reportedly already started flying from the airbase again.

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is currently in Italy for the G-7 summit. He will next travel to Moscow, where he is expected to pressure the Kremlin to end its support for Assad. He has already issued them an ultimatum.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2017/04/11/russia-calls...

And, why not?  They keep the bad stuff in schools and hospitals.

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

AGENDA 21/2030

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Jerome commented on Fundamental Refounding's blog post Top conservatives reportedly plotting new TV network to challenge Fox News
"If things at Fox continue in their same direction, in 2 years, maybe less, it'll be like…"
4 hours ago
JeansBrother commented on Fundamental Refounding's blog post Top conservatives reportedly plotting new TV network to challenge Fox News
"There most likely will be change.  The real reasons we most likely will never know."
4 hours ago
Robin replied to NativeCollector's discussion BREAKING: Trump’s ENTIRE Wall Just Got Paid For By ONE Person
"That is the ONE thing that the Dems have over Reps. They stick together. Fustercluck it is! "
4 hours ago
Robin replied to Robin's discussion Byron York: Why can't House repeal Obamacare? Because a lot of Republicans don't want to.
"It is infuriating, JG! I just yesterday received paperwork from my BC/BS that actually made me…"
4 hours ago
Fundamental Refounding commented on Fundamental Refounding's blog post Top conservatives reportedly plotting new TV network to challenge Fox News
"Sean Hannity Says He Hopes New Report on Fox News Isn’t True — Or It’s ‘End…"
4 hours ago
Fundamental Refounding posted a blog post

Top conservatives reportedly plotting new TV network to challenge Fox News

Media industry website Mediaite reported Friday that “conservative fat cats” are considering the…See More
4 hours ago
Jerseygal replied to Robin's discussion Byron York: Why can't House repeal Obamacare? Because a lot of Republicans don't want to.
"Who wrote the bills that passed in 2016? Were the authors of the bills - not the Congressman who…"
5 hours ago
NativeCollector replied to Robin's discussion Byron York: Why can't House repeal Obamacare? Because a lot of Republicans don't want to.
"I would love to see those who voted for the 2016 bill, but won't vote for this one, explain…"
5 hours ago
NativeCollector replied to NativeCollector's discussion BREAKING: Trump’s ENTIRE Wall Just Got Paid For By ONE Person
"I wonder what that forfeiture legislation says about the handling the seized assets.  I…"
5 hours ago
Jerseygal replied to NativeCollector's discussion BREAKING: Trump’s ENTIRE Wall Just Got Paid For By ONE Person
"Me too!  They should have to study ho the democrats do just ONE thing....UNITE!…"
5 hours ago
Robin replied to NativeCollector's discussion BREAKING: Trump’s ENTIRE Wall Just Got Paid For By ONE Person
"I wonder if we can even get this passed by Republicans in Congress. I feel like strangling them."
5 hours ago
Robin replied to Robin's discussion Byron York: Why can't House repeal Obamacare? Because a lot of Republicans don't want to.
"Exactly, Kwic. How do we fight back on this? They don't give one damn about us. They have…"
5 hours ago
kwicgov55 replied to Robin's discussion Byron York: Why can't House repeal Obamacare? Because a lot of Republicans don't want to.
"We already suspected that our "representatives" lied to us to get elected, so that they…"
11 hours ago
JeansBrother replied to JeansBrother's discussion Judicial Watch Weekly Update -- 4/28/2017
"Are we already at the point where we have such disdain for our Lords and Ladies who take from the…"
17 hours ago
Robin posted a discussion

Byron York: Why can't House repeal Obamacare? Because a lot of Republicans don't want to.

"We're going to go when we have the votes," Speaker Paul Ryan said Thursday when asked when the…See More
18 hours ago
Robin replied to Rick's discussion Trump: I'm 'Absolutely' Considering Breaking Up 'Outrageous' 9th Circuit
"Ted Cruz: It’s ‘a possibility’ to break up the 9th Circuit Court Appearing on…"
18 hours ago

TRAFFIC

© 2017   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service