President Donald Trump ordered airstrikes in response to the chemical weapons attack Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad

On Thursday, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said “steps are under way” to form an international coalition to remove the president of Syria Bashar al-Assad after Tuesday’s chemical bombings in Syria.

Partial transcript as follows:

TILLERSON: Well obviously, the events that have occurred in Syria with the chemical weapons attack here in the past day I think have just horrified all of us and brought to the front pages and to our television screens as well the tragedy that is part of the Syrian conflict. There is no doubt in our mind and the information we have supports that Syria, the Syrian regime under the leadership of Bashar al-Assad are responsible for this attack and I think further it’s very important that the Russian government consider carefully their continued support for the Assad regime.

REPORTER: Does Assad have to go?

TILLERSON: Assad’s role in the future is uncertain and with the acts that he has taken, it would seem that there would be no role for him to govern the Syrian people.

REPORTER: And what steps is the United States prepared to take in order to remove him from power?

TILLERSON: The process by which Assad would leave I think requires an international community effort, both to first defeat ISIS within Syria, to stabilize the Syrian country, to avoid further civil war and then to work collectively with our partners around the world through a political process that would lead to Assad leaving.

REPORTER: So will you and President Trump organize an international coalition to remove Assad?

TILLERSON: Those steps are under way.

REPORTER: Has President Trump been talking about that with other leaders.

TILLERSON:  We are considering an appropriate response which violates all previous U.N. resolutions, violates international norms and long-held agreements between parties including the Syrian regime, the Russian government and all other members of the U.N. Security Council. It’s a serious matter. It requires a serious response. Thank you.

www.breitbart.com/vi/A6ilb">http://linkis.com/www.breitbart.com/vi/A6ilb

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

BREAKING: Iranian diplomats' families being transferred from Damascus to South Beirut, amid reports of possible US strike on Assad regime

Major Policy Shift: Secretary of State Tillerson Says Assad Can No Longer Govern

Major Policy Shift: Secretary of State Tillerson Says Assad Can No Longer Govern

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson confirmed Thursday the White House has started organizing the international community to respond to the chemical weapons attack in Syria earlier this week. He also said Assad can no longer govern, implying he should be removed from office.

"Conversations are already underway," Tillerson said. "There would be no role for him to govern the Syrian people."

This signals a major shift in Trump administration policy on Syria. It also shows the U.S. government believes Assad is behind the chemical attack, something he and the Russian government propping him up deny.

"What Assad did is terrible. What happened in Syria is truly one of the egregious crimes and it shouldn’t have happened. And it shouldn’t be allow to happen,” President Trump said from aboard Air Force One in Florida about the situation. “I think what happened in Syria is a disgrace to humanity, and he’s there, and I guess he’s running things, so I guess something should happen.”

“I don’t want to say what I’m going to be doing with respect to Syria," he continued. 

Earlier today news broke the White House is considering military action against the Assad regime. Further, Tillerson placed a phone call to Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and urged him to rethink Russia's backing of the Assad regime.

Tillerson's remarks Thursday signify a major shift in administration policy. Just last week Tillerson said the fate of Assad is up to the Syrian people.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/04/06/tillerson-ass...

Sarin gas WAS used by Assad in horrific Syria attack, Turkey says after carrying out autopsies on three of the victims

Chemical weapons were used by President Bashar al-Assad's regime in an attack in rebel-held northwestern Syria, Turkey said on Thursday after carrying out autopsies on three people killed in the massacre. 

Initial test sambles from autopsies suggest that the victims were exposed to Sarin, a colorless, odorless liquid nerve agent that's used as a chemical weapon, Turkey said.

The Turkish Health Ministry said Thursday that 'according to the results of the first analysis, there were findings suggesting that the patients were exposed to chemical substance (Sarin),' without elaborating.  

The Turkish Health Ministry said the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons would also test the samples. 

'Autopsies were carried out on three of the bodies after they were brought from Idlib. The results of the autopsy confirms that chemical weapons were used,' Justice Minister Bekir Bozdag previously said, quoted by state-run Anadolu news agency.

'This scientific investigation also confirms that Assad used chemical weapons,' Bozdag added, without giving further details. 

Despite blaming Assad, Bozdag did not explain how he knew the Syrian president was responsible for the attack. 

Thirty-two injured Syrians were brought to southern Turkey for medical treatment but three of them died in hospital.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4385886/Turkey-says-chemica... 

Trump ordered 59 Tomahawk Missles to strike the air base that launched the attacks! Decisive action!

Robin, I guess we can start using that 'Syria' category we asked for four years ago again! ( I changed this one)

I knew it was going to happen last night. There was a guy that got the original scoop on Susan Rice early and he was right about that. He also tweeted last night just before we struck, that it would take place last night and he was right! Holy cow! Things are going to get dicey. I have some stuff to post. Putin is NOT going to back down.  

Oh and thanks for changing that for me. 

Actually, 60.  On fell in the water, and another missed.  58 hits.

On???   

;)

Haha! ;) 

Typo for "one".

If anyone thinks Putin will back down, they are sadly mistaken! 

WWIII Is About To ERUPT After What Putin Just Did Following Trump’s Airstrikes

BREAKING: WWIII Is About To ERUPT After What Putin Just Did Following Trumps Airstrikes

When Syrian President Bashar al-Assad decided to gas his people, he must have forgotten that a former community organizer wasn’t running the most powerful nation in the world anymore. Without a second of hesitation, President Trump obliterated Barack Obama’s ridiculous “red line” in the sand, when he dropped 59 missiles on Syria’s airfield where the warplanes used in the chemical attack were based. It was only a matter of time before Russia responded to their Middle Eastern ally being attacked, and what Vladimir Putin just did could mark the dawn of the next world war.

While Americans slept, knowing that we have an assertive Commander-in-Chief in charge who doesn’t stand by and allow human atrocity to happen, Russia formulated their counter attack. Not only are they retaliating by air, they are taking defense against America by sea and need to prepare to lose.

The Kremlin confirmed that Russia will reinforce Syria’s air defense, suspending the airspace pact with the U.S., and “is sending a missile carrying warship to the eastern Mediterranean in response to a US cruise missile strikes,” Zero Hedge reported.

Putin is trying to block America from attacking by positioning his military in front of ours and attempting to grandstand the U.S., saying we have to go through them to get to Syria. In a strange coincidence, yesterday’s airstrike was exactly 100 years to the day of U.S. entering into World War I. After Putin’s latest move, this day could also bring about the third World War depending on what strategy is employed next.

As Russia moves their warships into place and promises to create an air defense system for Syria, they have forgotten one key item. There is a new sheriff in town, and the snowflakes have gone home. Russia’s archaic military is no match for General Mattis’s current military muscle. Our ships and war plans are light years beyond the Russian counterpart. So rattle your saber, Putin, the real world super power just returned.

http://freedomdaily.com/breaking-wwiii-erupt-putin-just-following-t...

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

AGENDA 21/2030

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Robin replied to Robin's discussion The House Freedom Caucus has declared all-out war on #Obamacare.
"Well said, Jerome! Government needs to repeal it totally. Get out and let the free market work."
12 minutes ago
Robin replied to Robin's discussion The House Freedom Caucus has declared all-out war on #Obamacare.
"I agree, Doug! This is so very frustrating. Great to see you, btw!"
16 minutes ago
Jerome replied to Robin's discussion The House Freedom Caucus has declared all-out war on #Obamacare.
"Repeal is 100% crucial.  Replacement is not necessary if the replacement is a government…"
2 hours ago
Doug Fox replied to Robin's discussion The House Freedom Caucus has declared all-out war on #Obamacare.
"About time someone in the House showed some spine !! I remain skeptical that they can get the 218…"
11 hours ago
Robin posted discussions
11 hours ago
Robin replied to Rick's discussion GOP Rep. Steve King: Speaker Paul Ryan Is Not for the Border Wall (VIDEO)
"We all know now that Paul Ryan wants to keep things status-quo. They don't want the apple cart…"
12 hours ago
Robin liked Rick's discussion GOP Rep. Steve King: Speaker Paul Ryan Is Not for the Border Wall (VIDEO)
12 hours ago
Jerome replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Wed Tids 7/19/17 The Top 25 RINOs that need to be replaced... REPEAL..The 7 Most Hypocritical Things Republicans Have Said About Obamacare Repeal
"Hypocrites, one and all!"
yesterday
JeansBrother posted a discussion

Heritage Foundation -- 2017 Index of Culture and Opportunity

The 2016 election cycle revealed a deeply unsettled spirit in many Americans. Job and wage numbers…See More
yesterday
Rick posted discussions
yesterday
Fundamental Refounding posted a discussion
yesterday
Lynn Rackoski posted a discussion

FBI turns over 7,000 documents from Weiner laptop in Clinton-tied case

The FBI has turned over 7,000 new documents from Anthony Weiner’s private laptop to the State…See More
yesterday
Ruthann liked Robin's discussion Conservatives. A MUST READ THREAD! Via @josh_hammer
yesterday
kwicgov55 replied to Robin's discussion Conservatives. A MUST READ THREAD! Via @josh_hammer
"He nailed it. Tweeted out."
Thursday
kwicgov55 liked Robin's discussion Conservatives. A MUST READ THREAD! Via @josh_hammer
Thursday
Robin posted discussions
Wednesday

TRAFFIC

© 2017   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service