Our local electric company is offering free smart thermostats with "program enrollment."  They promise to save "up to 25%" on your utility bill.  But I have questions and, of course, there's no info. on the electric company's site.

These thermostats work via Wifi.  What happens if your modem dies and you're unable to get one immediately?

Will it enable the electric company to control your settings?  (I'm sure it will.  But is there a way to prevent it?

If anybody has any advice I should know, I'd appreciate the input.

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I’d get their information in writing.  How can you know they won’t manipulate your settings without your permission?  If using my Wi-Fi, what other devices may be susceptible to unauthorized access?  What assurances do they give for your privacy?

Here, we get a ‘shame letter’ every other month.  It tells me I’m using more than my neighbors, and suggests ways to reduce my electricity usage…I’m to just call, they’re happy to help. 

Thanks!  I hadn't thought about the Wi-Fi connection to other devices.  I just have an overall bad feeling about this.  What happens if the govt. decides you're using too much electricity?  And what could they turn off if they do? 

I hear from others that electric companies will control temp they want. I would never allow it in my home.

Those were my thoughts exactly.  Thanks for the confirmation.

This goes along with "Smart Meters", if you are using one the gov't could manipulate your electricity. There was one on my house when I moved in. The second day I called them to replace it with an analog meter, they did in three days with no problem.  So get rid of the smart meters, they also emit RF radiation, so that could cause health issues also. All these new wazu gadgets can be monitored by someone else with this wi-fi thing, don't be lazy, don't use any of them! Duke 

Our gas co. installed a meter they could read from the street rather than having to go into the back yard.  It was my understanding that it's a "read only" meter vs. a smart meter.  Now I'm wondering if they lied to me.  How would I find out for sure?

They're baiting people. For now you will be in control of it, but eventually someone else will be controlling it for you. This is what technocracy is all about.

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

BRING BACK #HUAC

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Duke posted a discussion
Sep 23
Jerseygal replied to Duke's discussion Hitler reincarnated
"I agree, Duke!  That’s a disgusting speech!!!!  We ALL need to vote Republicans and…"
Sep 4
NativeCollector liked Duke's discussion Hitler reincarnated
Sep 3
Jerseygal liked Duke's discussion Hitler reincarnated
Sep 3
Jerseygal liked Jodi180's discussion Somebody Be In The Way!
Sep 3
Duke posted a discussion

Hitler reincarnated

Biden really stepped in it last knight, I've never heard such a ration of "toro feces" in my life!…See More
Sep 2
Robyn Taylor liked Shadrach's discussion To all of my friends.
Aug 14
Robyn Taylor replied to Shadrach's discussion To all of my friends.
"Shadrach, So sorry about your mom. I just found this post this afternoon. Hugs to you and your…"
Aug 14
Robyn Taylor left a comment for Shadrach
"Hi Shadrach, How are you and your family doing? I am doing fine. I was thinking about you and your…"
Aug 14
Duke replied to Jodi180's discussion Somebody Be In The Way!
"Thank you for your kind words, I believe the veterans in this country would agree with me,…"
Aug 11
Jodi180 replied to Jodi180's discussion Somebody Be In The Way!
"I've been reading a lot of articles...should Trump run again or not?  This one really…"
Aug 10
Jodi180 replied to Jodi180's discussion Somebody Be In The Way!
"First and foremost, Duke...thank you for your service and your continued Patriotism.  You are…"
Aug 10
Duke liked Jodi180's discussion Somebody Be In The Way!
Aug 10
Duke replied to Jodi180's discussion Somebody Be In The Way!
"I believe the patriots in this country are finally waking up to this corrupt administration. What…"
Aug 10
Jodi180 posted a discussion

Somebody Be In The Way!

Because if it's true, he...or somebody like him...HAS to be the next president.  The next president…See More
Aug 9
Duke posted a discussion

$740 billion down the drain.

The democrats are going to be in a world of sh**, I mean hurt, when we take back the House, Senate…See More
Aug 8

© 2022   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service