Sanders: Plan to send illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities under 'thorough' review

This is brilliant! Let the left own this!

White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders confirmed to "Fox News Sunday" that President Trump's prospective plan to send illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities is undergoing a "complete and thorough review," days after Democrats who have fought to protect illegal immigrants from federal authorities characterized the possible move as a dangerous stunt.

Sanders also made clear that Trump has no intention of backing down from his fierce criticism of Minnesota Democrat Rep. Ilhan Omar, who last month appeared to downplay the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Trump had responded to reports Friday that his administration proposed releasing immigrant detainees to sanctuary cities by not only confirming the plan, but saying it remains under “strong” consideration. Further, the president tweeted that relocating illegal immigrants to these districts should make the "Radical Left" happy.

"Nobody thinks that this is the ideal solution," Sanders began. "But until we can fix the crisis at the border, we have to look at all options. This is one of them. Whether or not it moves forward -- that’s yet to be determined. This was raised at a staff level, initially, and pushed back on. The president wants us to explore it again, and that’s being done, and they’re doing a complete and thorough review.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Just out: The USA has the absolute legal right to have apprehended illegal immigrants transferred to Sanctuary Cities. We hereby demand that they be taken care of at the highest level, especially by the State of California, which is well known or its poor management & high taxes!

Sanders added: "The president has asked them to do everything they can and everything they’re allowed to do under the law to stop the massive crisis we have at our southern border. It’s the same thing he says publicly day in and day out, and it’s the same thing he says behind closed doors to staff -- is figure out how we stop this crisis, how we fix this problem, let’s look for every possible option to do so, and that’s what our team has been doing."

Democrats, Sanders asserted, have no plan on immigration other than to "fight the president."

On Saturday, Trump wrote on Twitter: "Just out: The USA has the absolute legal right to have apprehended illegal immigrants transferred to Sanctuary Cities. We hereby demand that they be taken care of at the highest level, especially by the State of California, which is well known or its poor management & high taxes!"

TRUMP TO 'RADICAL LEFT': IF YOU WANT ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, I WILL SEND THEM TO YOU

"It's a sad day in America when the Mexican government is willing to do more for the United States' illegal immigration problem than Democrats in Congress," Sanders said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sanders-plan-to-ship-illegal-immig...

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

These wackos are freaking out! LOL

Gavin Newsom says Trump proposal to release immigrants into sanctuary cities is "asinine" https://cbsn.ws/2P4pFXo

Sanctuary City Mayors: "We want our cities to be havens for the undocumented, even if you have criminal records, we'll protect you!!"

Trump: We're sending captured "migrants" directly to sanctuary cities!"

Mayors: "No way, this is outrageous and racist, we won't take them!!"

BORDER PATROL UNION PRESIDENT SAYS IT’S ‘ABSOLUTELY LEGAL’ TO DROP ILLEGALS IN SANCTUARY CITIES

National Border Patrol Council President Brandon Judd claimed Sunday that it is “absolutely legal” for the federal government to transport illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities.

Judd argued during a “Fox & Friends” segment that President Donald Trump’s proposed plan to do just that was “brilliant” and should have been cheered by people on both sides.

“It’s absolutely legal,” Judd explained. “But I’m going to get beaten up by the hard left for this comment. But this is actually a brilliant move on the president’s part.” (RELATED: ‘CHANGE THE LAWS NOW!’: Trump Takes Aim At Sanctuary Cities, Democrats)

Judd went on to detail the “two layers” he saw at work in the proposed plan.

“If he’s doing it for humanitarian purposes, he should be praised,” Judd began. “These are cities that the city councils have consciously made a decision they’re going to accept the illegal aliens into their cities to protect them.”

Watch Video

https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/14/border-patrol-legal-drop-illegal...

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

BRING BACK #HUAC

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Jodi180 replied to Lynn Rackoski's discussion ICE Prepares for Mass Deportations, Acting Director Admits ‘We Have No Choice’
"So, our DHS Sec is the leaker.  Awesome.  An article from PJMedia wrote: You can't…"
yesterday
Robin replied to Lynn Rackoski's discussion ICE Prepares for Mass Deportations, Acting Director Admits ‘We Have No Choice’
"Tom Homan accuses acting DHS Sec Kevin McAleenan of resisting ICE raids & leaking locations to…"
Sunday
Robin replied to Robin's discussion UPDATE! Wanted to let you all know!!!!! My on and off absence from the site!
"Girl, It's been over 7 weeks of pure hell here. I feel like I have PTSD or something. I'm…"
Sunday
Jerseygal replied to Robin's discussion UPDATE! Wanted to let you all know!!!!! My on and off absence from the site!
"Robin, you are all in my prayers.  <3  I don’t know how you do it! "
Sunday
Jerome replied to Robin's discussion Secretary of State Mike Pompeo delivered the Trafficking in Persons report, Human trafficking in America among worst in world
"It never ceases to amaze me.  Authorities can tell us how many people are trafficked and from…"
Sunday
Robin replied to Barbara Leypoldt's discussion Trump drops Mexico tariff threat after deal on migrants
"How about this! Wow! Another Trump win! A Mexican government official said their country would meet…"
Sunday
Robin posted a discussion

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo delivered the Trafficking in Persons report, Human trafficking in America among worst in world

The United States is again ranked as one of the worst countries in the world for human trafficking.…See More
Sunday
Robin replied to Robin's discussion US Navy Dispatches Destroyer After Apparent Torpedo Attack Near Iran
"Donald Trump Confirms Decision to Call Off Military Strike on Iran President Donald Trump confirmed…"
Sunday
Robin replied to Luis522's discussion MAGA2020: ORLANDO, FL
"I am very thankful that Trump is president! I also love the fact he drives the left insane. He has…"
Sunday
Robin replied to Luis522's discussion MAGA2020: ORLANDO, FL
"Trump hosts 'MAGA' rally in Fort Myers, Florida Video of Rally…"
Sunday
Robin liked Luis522's discussion MAGA2020: ORLANDO, FL
Sunday
Robin replied to Robin's discussion UPDATE! Wanted to let you all know!!!!! My on and off absence from the site!
"Thank you so much, Justfolk! It sure is an ongoing stresser for sure. Rick's dad is no on…"
Sunday
Justfolk commented on Watchman's blog post The Dark Agenda of the LGBT
"Thank you. Out here in Kalifornivsky it is outrageously blatant very day and the Gay Pride Parades,…"
Saturday
Justfolk replied to Robin's discussion UPDATE! Wanted to let you all know!!!!! My on and off absence from the site!
"So very sorry to hear you all are dealing with such hard medical issues. My prayers are with each…"
Saturday
kwicgov55 liked Lynn Rackoski's discussion ICE Prepares for Mass Deportations, Acting Director Admits ‘We Have No Choice’
Saturday
kwicgov55 liked Luis522's discussion MAGA2020: ORLANDO, FL
Saturday

© 2019   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service