President Trump to waive federal contracting laws to speed construction of border wall! #BuildTheWall

The Trump administration is waiving certain procurement regulations to help speed up construction on the border wall.

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) said Tuesday that 177 miles of wall — a distance that includes stretches of the border in California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas — will be able to be built faster because of the waivers. The waivers affect 10 statutes, including requirements for open competition and justifying selections, The Associated Press reported.

“Working closely with the Army Corps of Engineers and Department of Defense, the Department of Homeland Security is exercising its Congressionally-granted authority to waive procurement regulations in six high-traffic border sectors, which will allow us to use already vetted and experienced contractors to build an additional 177 miles of new border wall system,” DHS spokesperson Heather Swift said.

Swift added that Border Patrol had seized 54,000 pounds of narcotics and apprehended 36,000 at the border in January.

Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf said Tuesday on "Fox & Friends" that he is able to order such waivers under a 2005 law that grants the DHS chief considerable purview to waive laws for building border barriers.

"Today, we're going to start waiving those for procurement-related regulations and laws as well, which allow us to speed up a lot of our contracts that the Army Corps has, anywhere from 30 to 45 to 60 days," Wolf said.

"We hope that that will accelerate some of the construction that's going along the southwest border," he added.

While such waivers have been used before to skirt around environmental impact reviews, this is the first time they have been used to sidestep federal procurement rules.

The White House now expects that 94 miles of border wall will be able to be constructed this year, bringing the total to almost 450 miles since President Trump took office, a benchmark that has been long touted by the administration.

The waivers will apply to six of the nine Border Patrol sectors along the Mexican border: California's San Diego and El Centro, Arizona's Yuma and Tucson, Texas's Del Rio, and El Paso, which includes portions of Texas and New Mexico.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/483422-trump-to-waive-f...

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The wall is more important now than ever. How many sneaking in with possible virus.

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

BRING BACK #HUAC

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

kwicgov55 replied to Robin's discussion Wed Tids 12/2/20 TOP TID It’s Time for Republicans to Reimagine and Reinvent Themselves
"I didn't think anything could shock me when it came to the corruption involved in politics,…"
20 hours ago
kwicgov55 liked Robin's discussion Wed Tids 12/2/20 TOP TID It’s Time for Republicans to Reimagine and Reinvent Themselves
21 hours ago
Jodi180 replied to Jodi180's discussion Stolen Election? If So, Can It Be "Unstolen"?
"Time to get noisy with our 'representatives'.  Thanks to Rep. Brooks. Mo Brooks to…"
yesterday
Ruthann replied to Robin's discussion UPDATE 12/2/2020 On Things At My Home and my being absent! Ref: Rick's Cancer
"I'll be Praying for the both of you and asking God for a Miracle to help Rick. "
yesterday
Robin replied to Robin's discussion UPDATE On Things At My Home and my being absent! Ref: Rick's Cancer
"Update! Sorry for such an absence!! The surgery that was scheduled had to be cancelled. He was all…"
yesterday
Robin posted discussions
yesterday
Robin replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion #Agenda21 /2030 Tids 6/27/17 TOP TID Here is the true danger that we face.
"THIS truly Is the reason that we are living this nightmare! This agenda is the reason for…"
yesterday
Robin replied to Doug Fox's discussion Traitors Justice II
"Catherine Herridge @CBS_Herridge · Dec 1 BREAKING #Durham This is a major development +…"
yesterday
Robin replied to Jodi180's discussion Stolen Election? If So, Can It Be "Unstolen"?
"Col. Waldron Confirms US Has a Copy of the Election Night Data ‘Traffic and Packets’…"
yesterday
Robin replied to Doug Fox's discussion Traitors Justice II
"OH MY GAWD,DOUG! I can NOT wait for EVERYTHING to come out! Our government and the left, are SATAN!…"
yesterday
Robin replied to Jodi180's discussion Stolen Election? If So, Can It Be "Unstolen"?
"Absolutely Stolen Election! I believe from everything I have seen, this election will be…"
yesterday
Robin replied to Robin's discussion PROJECT VERITAS! @JamesOKeefeIII .. We've been recording @CNN 9AM call for MONTHS and we are going to start releasing the tapes!
"James O'Keefe @JamesOKeefeIII · 1h CNN: Let’s attack Trump’s kids over…"
yesterday
Robin replied to Robin's discussion PROJECT VERITAS! @JamesOKeefeIII .. We've been recording @CNN 9AM call for MONTHS and we are going to start releasing the tapes!
"NEW CNN TAPE: @CNN Senior Vice President @cynthiacnn Demeans Marginalized Community; States…"
yesterday
"James O'Keefe @JamesOKeefeIII · 3h BREAKING: @CNN Execs Jeff Zucker, David Chalian,…"
yesterday
Jodi180 posted a discussion

Stolen Election? If So, Can It Be

So I found this in a comment section of an article about Sidney Powell:…See More
Nov 16
Duke posted a discussion

Corrupt Election

From some AZ lawyers,Ok, in a nut shell, this is going to the Supreme Court. Where they will rule…See More
Nov 13

© 2020   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service