Views: 1292

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

After all of this, we might never see this debacle of a report? Are you kidding me?

Wonder why they are now admitting this?

FBI acknowledges using multiple informants, including some that were paid, in investigation of Trump campaign aide.

The U.S. government revealed Friday that it used multiple informants to obtain information against former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page.
In court filings, government officials also revealed confidential human sources were paid for their work.
The FBI relied heavily on an uncorroborated dossier to obtain warrants to spy on Page.
The U.S. government revealed in court filings Friday that the FBI used multiple confidential informants, including some who were paid for their information, as part of its investigation into former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page.

“The FBI has protected information that would identify the identities of other confidential sources who provided information or intelligence to the FBI” as well as “information provided by those sources,” wrote David M. Hardy, the head of the FBI’s Record/Information Dissemination Section (RIDS), in court papers submitted Friday.

Hardy and Department of Justice (DOJ) attorneys submitted the filings in response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit for the FBI’s four applications for Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrants against Page. The DOJ released heavily redacted copies of the four FISA warrant applications on June 20, but USA Today reporter Brad Heath has sued for full copies of the documents.
Hardy’s declaration acknowledged that the confidential sources used by the FBI were in addition to Christopher Steele, the former British spy who authored the infamous anti-Trump dossier.

“This includes nonpublic information about and provided by Christopher Steele, as well as information about and provided by other confidential sources, all of whom were provided express assurances of confidentiality,” Hardy wrote, referring to information disclosed in the four FISA applications.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/20/fbi-informants-carter-page/

Rosenstein’s Interview with Congress Postponed

The House Judiciary and Oversight Committee chairmen announced they "are unable to ask all questions within the time allotted" for the Rosenstein interview

House Judiciary Chairman Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-VA) and House Oversight Committee Chairman Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) announced Tuesday evening that they would be postponing their Wednesday interview with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein because they were “unable to ask all questions” of the embattled Justice Department official.

“The Committees are unable to ask all questions of Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein within the time allotted for tomorrow’s transcribed interview, therefore, the interview will be postponed,” the chairmen said in a statement.

https://saraacarter.com/rosensteins-interview-with-congress-postponed/

Papadopoulos: FBI Withheld Exculpatory Information from Secret Court

Former Trump campaign advisor George Papadopolous may hold the key to some of the most important questions lawmakers have been asking in recent months about the FBI’s handling of the Russia probe into the Trump campaign: Did the FBI withhold exculpatory evidence from America’s most secret court? And if so, what was it?

And on Thursday the former Trump campaign volunteer said he would testify before lawmakers that the bureau did exactly just that.

“Obviously George Papadopoulos was the reason why this whole Russia investigation was opened,” said Rep. Mark Meadows on Thursday to reporters as he made his way into the closed-door hearing. “Hopefully we’ll learn today what was said and what was not said. I think what will find is that this was not colluding with Russia.”

Papadopoulos pled guilty to Robert Mueller’s Special Counsel in September for one count of lying to the FBI and was sentenced to 14 days in prison. In an interview with SaraACarter.com and John Solomon with The Hill earlier this week, Papadopoulos said that he made it perfectly clear to an undercover bureau operative and British based professor Stefan Halper, that there was no collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

https://saraacarter.com/fbi-withheld-exculpatory-information-from-s...

George Papadopoulos

@GeorgePapa19

I repeat:James Clapper is currently in Australia colluding with their government to cover both his and Alexander Downer’s involvement in the most profound, and illegal, spying operation against an American and the presidential campaign he worked for in history. Bad look Australia

12:56 PM - 24 Oct 2018

UPDATE JANUARY 2019

Transcripts of Lisa Page’s Closed-Door Testimonies Provide New Revelations in Spygate Scandal. All roads lead back to Brennan...

Transcripts of two closed-door testimonies by Lisa Page, the former assistant general counsel at the FBI, have provided new insights into the actions of the FBI, DOJ, and others—including CIA Director John Brennan—regarding their investigation into Donald Trump.

Included in the transcripts provided to us is information suggesting Brennan was aware of the so-called Steele dossier in early August 2016, and that he included information regarding the dossier in a briefing given to then-Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.).

Other key points in Page’s testimony before Congress:

The FBI appears to have considered investigating President Trump for obstruction of justice both before and after FBI Director James Comey was fired.
Page says the DOJ refused to pursue “gross-negligence” charges against Hillary Clinton over her use of a private email server to send classified information.
FBI agent Michael Gaeta, head of the Eurasian Crime Squad, who received the dossier from former MI6 spy Steele in July 2016 is referred to in the transcript as Steele’s handler.
The FBI maintained a previously unknown verification file for the Steele dossier. Congressional investigators did not previously know of its existence.
John Carlin, the head of the DOJ’s National Security Division, was kept abreast of the FBI’s investigative activities through contact with then-Deputy FBI Director McCabe.
Page worked directly for DOJ official Bruce Ohr for at least five years and had met his wife, Nellie, once.
The role of FBI Agent Jonathan Moffa and DOJ official George Toscas may have been greater than initially assumed.
The interviews with Page were conducted by Congressional lawmakers on July 13 and 16, 2018, in an unclassified setting, with the appropriate agency counsel present to ensure that classified information did not enter into the unclassified setting.

Page testified that she joined the team of special counsel Robert Mueller around May 18, 2017—and that FBI Agent Peter Strzok was considered for inclusion shortly thereafter. Page’s role was to “bridge the gap and transition between what we as a team knew and the evidence that we had gathered to date on the collusion investigation and sort of imparting that knowledge to the new special counsel team,” she said.

Page, who acknowledged her personal relationship with Strzok at several points during the interview, noted that initially, Strzok was not “brought over as the senior executive to run the investigation. Another individual was, and that was not successful. It was not a good match with Mr. Mueller. He did not really have the sufficient counterintelligence background to be effective.” That individual would later be identified as John Brown.

Page agreed to work for a 45-day trial period, but at the end of that time, she left to spend more time with her children, by her own account. Page left of her own volition and before Inspector General Michael Horowitz notified Mueller (and then-Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe) of the texts between Page and Strzok.

Page noted that she only traveled abroad once while she worked for McCabe, in December 2016, on official business in London. Strzok traveled with her, as did three other unnamed individuals. One individual that Page specified as not being part of the trip was Bill Priestap, the FBI’s head of counterintelligence. Page was prohibited by FBI counsel for detailing the purpose of her visit.

Prior to her work for Deputy FBI Director McCabe, Page worked within the DOJ—where Bruce Ohr was her direct supervisor for five to six years. Page also met Nellie Ohr, Bruce Ohr’s wife, at a summer barbeque that Ohr held for the office in 2011.

One particularly interesting bit of information is that Page read the memos written by then-FBI Director James Comey almost in real time. As she stated in testimony, “I reviewed most of them within a day or on the same day that they were created.”

According to Page, others who were privy to Comey’s memos included four additional FBI officials, “Jim Rybicki, Mr. McCabe, Mr. Ghattas, maybe Mr. Bowdich.”

Strzok did not have access to Comey’s memos. McCabe also kept memos which Page reviewed, including “one or two” that pertained to meetings with President Donald Trump. During questioning, it became apparent that the McCabe memos were “relevant to the matters that the special counsel is investigating.”

Page Denies Bias, But Says FBI Focussed More on Trump Than Clinton
Page steadfastly maintained there was no bias present in either the Clinton-email investigation or the Trump-Russia investigation on the part of anyone within the FBI or the DOJ and went to some lengths to illustrate that, in general, FBI personnel don’t like most of the people they tend to investigate.

At the same time, Page repeatedly and openly admitted to placing a greater emphasis and weight on the Trump-Russia investigation than the Clinton-email investigation:

“If you were weighing resources with respect to which poses a graver threat to national security, which is more, frankly, important, there is no doubt—at least in mine or anybody else’s mind that I know—that the Russia investigation posed an incredible threat to national security, and whether we got into the Weiner laptop simply did not.”

Page returned to this topic several times: https://www.theepochtimes.com/transcripts-of-lisa-pages-closed-door...

We are FINALLY starting to get the truth!

FISA shocker: DOJ official warned Steele dossier was connected to Clinton, might be biased

John Solomon

When the annals of mistakes and abuses in the FBI’s Russia investigation are finally written, Bruce Ohr almost certainly will be the No. 1 witness, according to my sources.

The then-senior Department of Justice (DOJ) official briefed both senior FBI and DOJ officials in summer 2016 about Christopher Steele’s Russia dossier, explicitly cautioning that the British intelligence operative’s work was opposition research connected to Hillary Clinton’s campaign and might be biased.

Ohr’s briefings, in July and August 2016, included the deputy director of the FBI, a top lawyer for then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch and a Justice official who later would become the top deputy to special counsel Robert Mueller.

At the time, Ohr was the associate deputy attorney general. Yet his warnings about political bias were pointedly omitted weeks later from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant that the FBI obtained from a federal court, granting it permission to spy on whether the Trump campaign was colluding with Russia to hijack the 2016 presidential election.

Ohr’s activities, chronicled in handwritten notes and congressional testimony I gleaned from sources, provide the most damning evidence to date that FBI and DOJ officials may have misled federal judges in October 2016 in their zeal to obtain the warrant targeting Trump adviser Carter Page just weeks before Election Day.

They also contradict a key argument that House Democrats have made in their formal intelligence conclusions about the Russia case.

Since it was disclosed last year that Steele’s dossier formed a central piece of evidence supporting the FISA warrant, Justice and FBI officials have been vague about exactly when they learned that Steele’s work was paid for by the law firm representing the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee (DNC).

A redacted version of the FISA application released last year shows the FBI did not mention any connection to the DNC or Clinton. Rather, it referred to Steele as a reliable source in past criminal investigations who was hired by a person working for a U.S. law firm to conduct research on Trump and Russia.

The FBI claimed it was “unaware of any derogatory information” about Steele, that Steele was “never advised … as to the motivation behind the research” but that the FBI “speculates” that those who hired Steele were “likely looking for information to discredit” Trump’s campaign.

Yet, in testimony last summer to congressional investigators, Ohr revealed the FBI and Justice lawyers had no need to speculate: He explicitly warned them in a series of contacts, beginning July 31, 2016, that Steele expressed biased against Trump and was working on a project connected to the Clinton campaign.
Ohr had firsthand knowledge about the motive and the client: He had just met with Steele on July 30, 2016, and Ohr’s wife, Nellie, worked for Fusion GPS, the same firm employing Steele.

“I certainly told the FBI that Fusion GPS was working with, doing opposition research on Donald Trump,” Ohr told congressional investigators, adding that he warned the FBI that Steele expressed bias during their conversations.

“I provided information to the FBI when I thought Christopher Steele was, as I said, desperate that Trump not be elected,” he added. “So, yes, of course I provided that to the FBI.”

When pressed why he would offer that information to the FBI, Ohr answered: “In case there might be any kind of bias or anything like that.” He added later, “So when I provided it to the FBI, I tried to be clear that this is source information, I don’t know how reliable it is. You’re going to have to check it out and be aware.”

Ohr went further, saying he disclosed to FBI agents that his wife and Steele were working for the same firm and that it was conducting the Trump-Russia research project at the behest of Trump’s Democratic rival, the Clinton campaign.

“These guys were hired by somebody relating to, who’s related to the Clinton campaign and be aware,” Ohr told Congress, explaining what he warned the bureau.

Perkins Coie, the law firm that represented both the DNC and the Clinton campaign during the 2016 election, belatedly admitted it paid Fusion GPS for Steele’s work on behalf of the candidate and party and disguised the payments as legal bills when, in fact, it was opposition research.

When asked if he knew of any connection between the Steele dossier and the DNC, Ohr responded that he believed the project was really connected to the Clinton campaign.

“I didn’t know they were employed by the DNC but I certainly said yes that they were working for, you know, they were somehow working, associated with the Clinton campaign,” he answered.

“I also told the FBI that my wife worked for Fusion GPS or was a contractor for GPS, Fusion GPS.”

Ohr divulged his first contact with the FBI was on July 31, 2016, when he reached out to then-Deputy Director Andrew McCabe and FBI attorney Lisa Page. He then was referred to the agents working Russia counterintelligence, including Peter Strzok, the now-fired agent who played a central role in starting the Trump collusion probe.

But Ohr’s contacts about the Steele dossier weren’t limited to the FBI. He said in August 2016 — nearly two months before the FISA warrant was issued — that he was asked to conduct a briefing for senior Justice officials.

Those he briefed included Andrew Weissmann, then the head of DOJ’s fraud section; Bruce Swartz, longtime head of DOJ’s international operations, and Zainab Ahmad, an accomplished terrorism prosecutor who, at the time, was assigned to work with Lynch as a senior counselor.

Ahmad and Weissmann would go on to work for Mueller, the special prosecutor overseeing the Russia probe.

Ohr’s extensive testimony also undercuts one argument that House Democrats sought to make last year.

When Republicans, in early 2018, first questioned Ohr’s connections to Steele, Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee sought to minimize the connection, insisting he only worked as an informer for the FBI after Steele was fired by the FBI in November 2016.

The memo from Rep. Adam Schiff’s (D-Calif.) team claimed that Ohr’s contacts with the FBI only began “weeks after the election and more than a month after the Court approved the initial FISA application.”

But Ohr’s testimony now debunks that claim, making clear he started talking to FBI and DOJ officials well before the FISA warrant or election had occurred.

And his detailed answers provide a damning rebuttal to the FBI’s portrayal of the Steele material.

In fact, the FBI did have derogatory information on Steele: Ohr explicitly told the FBI that Steele was desperate to defeat the man he was investigating and was biased.

And the FBI knew the motive of the client and did not have to speculate: Ohr told agents the Democratic nominee’s campaign was connected to the research designed to harm Trump’s election chances.

Such omissions are, by definition, an abuse of the FISA system.

Don’t take my word for it. Fired FBI Director James Comey acknowledged it himself when he testified last month that the FISA court relies on an honor system, in which the FBI is expected to divulge exculpatory evidence to the judges.

“We certainly consider it our obligation, because of our trust relationship with federal judges, to present evidence that would paint a materially different picture of what we're presenting,” Comey testified on Dec. 7, 2018. “You want to present to the judge reviewing your application a complete picture of the evidence, both its flaws and its strengths.”

Comey claims he didn't know about Ohr's contacts with Steele, even though his top deputy, McCabe, got the first contact.

But none of that absolves his FBI, or the DOJ for that matter, from failing to divulge essential and exculpatory information from Ohr to the FISA court.

John Solomon is an award-winning investigative journalist whose work over the years has exposed U.S. and FBI intelligence failures before the Sept. 11 attacks, federal scientists’ misuse of foster children and veterans in drug experiments, and numerous cases of political corruption. He is The Hill’s executive vice president for video.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/425739-fisa-shocker-doj-off...

Key Mueller team members, including anti-@RealDonaldTrump, pro-Clinton Andrew Weissmann, implicated in Steele Dossier scandal.

https://t.co/WTeRGJseH1

Former Top FBI Lawyer Under Investigation for Leaking - Also Prepared Bogus Carter Page FISA and Was 'Expert' in Obama's Illegal FISA 702 Program

https://t.co/zC3thGH2kY

Today!

Matthew Whitaker: Mueller Probe May Be 'Close to Being Completed'

Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker said Monday that he believes special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into whether the Trump campaign and Russia colluded during the 2016 election is “close to being completed.”
“Right now the investigation is I think close to being completed,” the top Justice Department official in a press conference. “I hope we can get the report from Director Mueller as soon as possible.”

Video https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/01/28/dojs-matthew-whitaker...

MSNBC

@MSNBC
JUST IN: Acting AG Whitaker on the Russia investigation:

“The investigation is, I think, close to being completed, and I hope that we can get the report from [Special Counsel] Mueller as soon as we -- as possible.”

5:24 PM - Jan 28, 2019

Nunes Drops Bombshell: Rosenstein Made Trump ‘Target’

In a speculative statement made yesterday by Devin Nunes, the entire plot to take down and impeach President Trump, orchestrated by Rod Rosenstein, now makes sense.

The Conservative Treehouse noticed a stunning development in the so-called Russian collusion case, dropped by Devin Nunes during an interview with Maria Bartiromo. The implications of the statement Nunes made reveal that Rod Rosenstein gave Robert Mueller the power to investigate a sitting president.

And if so, those two would have to hide everything from everyone, including President Trump, and the answers to the following questions now make sense:

Why Rosenstein introduced Mueller to President Trump the day before he was appointed as Special Counsel?
Why Mueller/Rosenstein are hiding the investigative origination letter?
Why President Trump has NOT been able to declassify documents? and
Why President Trump is, and will always be, hamstrung by the Mueller investigation?
Moreover, the plan to impeach a sitting president using unverified opposition research has been carried out to perfection.

“In short, Devin Nunes speculated that Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein put the substantive allegations from the Fusion-GPS/Ohr/Steele Dossier into his investigative instructions (full pdf) that he gave Robert Mueller.

“If it is accurate that Rosenstein charged Robert Mueller with investigating the dossier claims; and if Nunes is accurate that the DOJ investigative target, a derivative of the dossier, is Donald Trump; well, everything starts to make a hell of a lot more sense.”

If the mandate given to Robert Mueller was specifically told to make the president an active participant, and subsequent target, for a counterintelligence operation, then Rosenstein and Mueller “would have to hide that mandate from everyone and anyone.”

Ads by Revcontent

INCREDIBLE NEW ARK EVIDENCE FOUND?
Natural Health Solutions
THE REAL REASON YOU'VE NEVER SEEN THESE WOODSTOCK PHOTOS WILL GIVE YOU CHILLS
Routinejournal
33 PERFECTLY TIMED FISHING PHOTOS
Routinejournal
More specifically, Rosenstein and Mueller would “NEVER be able to honestly discuss the Mueller probe with President Trump; because President Trump would be the primary target within the investigation.”

Entire article https://conservativedailypost.com/nunes-drops-bombshell-rosenstein-...

John Solomon

GOP lawmakers preparing more criminal referrals in Russia FISA abuse probe.

GOP Lawmakers are seeking to make the case that the Mueller investigation and the FBI probe into Trump’s campaign was based on potentially tainted and flawed evidence connected to Hillary Clinton, reports John Solomon of The Hill.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/02/john-solomon-bombshell-gop...

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

BRING BACK #HUAC

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Doug Fox replied to Doug Fox's discussion Traitor's Justice
"Doug Collins has released all of the remaining transcripts from Congressional testimony regarding…"
Monday
Robin replied to Susan Taylor's discussion Tensions Rising! Rocket attack hits near US Embassy in Baghdad’s Green Zone
"Iran quadruples production of enriched uranium TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran quadrupled its…"
Monday
Griswold liked Robin's discussion Trump Announces Border Insurrection Act – Burns Washington Swamp Down
Monday
kwicgov55 replied to Robin's discussion Trump Announces Border Insurrection Act – Burns Washington Swamp Down
"You are right Susan, it must be stopped! It is terrifying to see them pouring across the border by…"
Monday
Susan Taylor replied to Robin's discussion Trump Announces Border Insurrection Act – Burns Washington Swamp Down
"I agree with you! It is a war! A total invasion and it must be stopped by any means possible."
Sunday
Susan Taylor replied to Doug Fox's discussion Traitor's Justice
"Trey Gowdy BUSTS Spygate Wide Open -- Junk Dossier Was Used 5 Times and NOT just 4 Times by Deep…"
Sunday
Susan Taylor replied to Susan Taylor's discussion Tensions Rising! Rocket attack hits near US Embassy in Baghdad’s Green Zone
"National Security Adviser John Bolton seen arriving at the White House amid rocket attack possibly…"
Sunday
Susan Taylor posted a discussion

Tensions Rising! Rocket attack hits near US Embassy in Baghdad’s Green Zone

BAGHDAD (AP) — A rocket was fired into the Iraqi capital’s heavily fortified Green Zone Sunday…See More
Sunday
Susan Taylor replied to Robin's discussion Finally! President Trump BLASTS FBI Director Chris Wray for Protecting the Mueller and DNC Deep State Swamp
"I haven't liked or trusted Wray from day one. He needs to be replaced! I'm sure he will…"
Sunday
Susan Taylor liked Robin's discussion Finally! President Trump BLASTS FBI Director Chris Wray for Protecting the Mueller and DNC Deep State Swamp
Sunday
Fundamental Refounding liked Robin's discussion Finally! President Trump BLASTS FBI Director Chris Wray for Protecting the Mueller and DNC Deep State Swamp
Sunday
kwicgov55 liked Doug Fox's discussion Dan Bongino - It's Over !! A Must Listen
Sunday
kwicgov55 liked Watchman's blog post Destroying the ethical eating argument
Sunday
kwicgov55 replied to Robin's discussion Trump Announces Border Insurrection Act – Burns Washington Swamp Down
"Let it be so! How can the invasion at our border not be considered an act of war? If something…"
Sunday
kwicgov55 replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion The Trump Administration is fighting for free speech online. Protect Free Speech! Please Share!
"Some of the limits placed on us through social media are very subtle. Examples are, tweets or post…"
Sunday
Watchman liked Watchman's blog post Destroying the ethical eating argument
Sunday

© 2019   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service