Microstamping!!! What another ridiculous idea NYS has to TRY and control firearms. For those of you who aren't familiar with microstamping basically what it does is put a unique mark on the cartridge when fired. That means the police could track down the person by the shell casing. New York State just loves trying make it harder and more expensive on the respectful, and law-abiding guns owners. Remember protect the 2nd amendment!!!!!!! Don't vote for anti-gun politicians.......

Views: 172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good thinking there DA.  I personally prefer revolvers to automatics DA.  My favorite being my police nephews 38/357 magnum Smith and Wesson.  My reason is that at my old age, it is trivial to load bullets into it, but quite hard for me to load all ten allowed bullets (California law limits to 10) into some of the 9mm or 45 caliber Glock magazines.  Also I like the fact that since shells are not ejected, the recoil on the revolver is mostly straight up, rather than the odd up and to the left when guns eject the shell to the right.  Also any fool can see if the barrel is in place on a revolver and know when it is somewhat safe versus ready to go.  I tend to leave the barrel out, till ready for usage.  Of course, I admit that I still like my ruger mini 14 rifle better.  :)

In New York you can purchase larger capacity magazines, as long as they are made in 1995 and prior, problem becomes proving its a so called pre-ban magazine. But i will say i am a big fan of the mini 14, and mini 30 

Thanks Ethan.  I have not heard if that is legal in California or not ... buying old magazines.  I do not think so.  The mini 14 I got is quite old,  I think California is 10 rounds max - and no more than semi-auto - for us normal humans.  I do know that my police nephew is allowed to shoot 30 round magazines.  Also in California AR-15s must have a special internal depressed button hard to work with to make the change of those 10 round magazines slow.  As you and I might get a good laugh out of - the mini 14 which shoots the same 223 ammunition even in California has its normal fast action lever.  And of course muzzle velocity is similar in both as well, around 3100, 3200 fps.

I would guess you mean NY State instead of NY City?  I have not been to either with a gun I admit, but people tell me that NY City is pretty awful on gun laws - NY City and Chicago are rumored to be two awful places for gun owners.

It looks like this 'broke' state has no funds to do this, and it appears it is off the table. For now.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/03/robert-farago/ny-deletes-m...

The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) reports that a joint New York state budget committee voted yesterday on a revised budget (AB 9055D) that deleted a provision in the bill that would have mandated microstamping throughout the state. This after The Freedom Group (owners of Iliona-based Remington) fired a warning shot over the legislature’s bow, threatening to abandon gun grabber Senator Chuck Schumer‘s patch if microstamping became the law of the land. Bonus! The Empire State bean counters also shot down funding for CoBIS. For the acronym averse . . .

Nice follow-up, JG.

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

BRING BACK #HUAC

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

J. Francis Roth replied to Lynn Rackoski's discussion Why Kamala Harris VP pick could cost Biden the election....
"It's a pretty pathetic thought when one has to attribute a huge loss for Biden to the…"
8 hours ago
Doug Fox replied to Doug Fox's discussion Traitor's Justice
"The first indictment, of which I am hoping leads to…"
10 hours ago
J. Francis Roth replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Wed Tids 7/29/20 TOP TID We're Seeing the Death Rattle of the Revolution, Not Its Birth
"Look around your neighborhood elementary and high schools.  Ask a teacher you can trust if…"
11 hours ago
Jodi180 replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Wed Tids 7/29/20 TOP TID We're Seeing the Death Rattle of the Revolution, Not Its Birth
"Case in point: Ibram Kendi's Board Book Teaches Even Babies To Hate White PeopleThere's…"
11 hours ago
J. Francis Roth replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Wed Tids 7/29/20 TOP TID We're Seeing the Death Rattle of the Revolution, Not Its Birth
"It doesn't end.  America has already graduated hundreds of thousands of indoctrinated,…"
15 hours ago
Lynn Rackoski posted a discussion

Why Kamala Harris VP pick could cost Biden the election....

Why Kamala Harris VP pick could cost Biden the electionThe only person who should be happier with…See More
yesterday
Susan Taylor posted a discussion

Trump Goes After FBI Director Wray for ‘protecting’ Russia probe ‘gang’

Wray needs to go!Trump takes swipe at FBI Director Wray for ‘protecting’ Russia probe…See More
yesterday
Robin replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Wed Tids 7/29/20 TOP TID We're Seeing the Death Rattle of the Revolution, Not Its Birth
"I agree with you Jodi. We are really up against a massive indoctrination operation that has been…"
yesterday
Robin liked Fundamental Refounding's discussion Wed Tids 7/29/20 TOP TID We're Seeing the Death Rattle of the Revolution, Not Its Birth
yesterday
Robin replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Trump Touts ‘Suburban Lifestyle Dream’ After Rescinding Obama-Era Rule Preventing Housing Discrimination
"I was so pleased to see this too, Jodi! Huge win!"
yesterday
Robin liked Fundamental Refounding's discussion Trump Touts ‘Suburban Lifestyle Dream’ After Rescinding Obama-Era Rule Preventing Housing Discrimination
yesterday
Robin posted a discussion

Trump Announces 'Historic Peace Agreement' Between Israel, UAE

Trump announces 'Historic Peace Agreement' between Israel, UAEUnited Arab Emirates and Israel agree…See More
yesterday
Jodi180 replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Wed Tids 7/29/20 TOP TID We're Seeing the Death Rattle of the Revolution, Not Its Birth
"I agree with your post, J.  The 'Revolution' to destroy America has been ongoing…"
Wednesday
Jodi180 replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Trump Touts ‘Suburban Lifestyle Dream’ After Rescinding Obama-Era Rule Preventing Housing Discrimination
"This is such good news! As Tome DeWeese of the American Policy Center writes: First, as I reported…"
Wednesday
J. Francis Roth updated their profile
Aug 7
Nicole Johnston liked Jodi180's discussion No One's Coming to Save America...We Must Save Ourselves
Aug 6

© 2020   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service