Jeff Sessions Sends Home ‘Record’ Number of Asylum-Seekers

The June asylum reform set by Attorney General Jeff Sessions is quietly having a huge impact on border migration, lawyers told the New York Times.

“I haven’t met a single person in the last few weeks who passed their credible-fear interview,” according to Allegra Love, executive director of an immigration law firm in New Mexico, the Santa Fe Dreamers Project. “We have never seen such a high volume of denials,” she told the New York Times.

President Barack Obama allowed migrants through the border whenever they claimed to a “credible fear” of abusive spouses and criminal gangs. This catch-and-release policy triggered a wave of Central American migration into the United States.

Sessions’ reform has ended Obama’s spouses-and-gangs loophole and has sharply reduced the number of Central American migrants who are allowed through the border to make a courtroom plea for asylum.

Immigration attorneys and advocates report that asylum applicants in recent months are failing their crucial initial screenings with asylum officers at the border in record numbers, the first sign that the Trump administration is carrying out promises to reduce the number of people granted asylum in the United States and limit the conditions under which it is granted…

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/08/11/nytimes-jeff-se...

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is pretty good news. They need to keep going and also stop them at the border. Prevent the problem before they cross.

In time I do believe the wall will be built. In the meantime, I'd love to see them ALL stopped before crossing into the USA. Turn them back right away. If they are seeking asylum, they are supposed to seek asylum in the first country the get to. So why don't they seek it in Mexico. This stuff needs to end.

Just set up a toll gate.  Deposit $50,000 and you can enter and apply for asylum otherwise if you enter you are immediately set home.  For $50,000 each family member may also enter and apply for asylum otherwise, they are immediately sent home.

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

BRING BACK #HUAC

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Edie Boudreau commented on Edie Boudreau's blog post This Time We Have to Lead From the Front!
"To members of www.FundamentalRefounding.ning.com - a letter to our President: April 16,…"
4 hours ago
Edie Boudreau commented on Edie Boudreau's blog post This Time We Have to Lead From the Front!
"Thank you very much for relieving my mind that Jerome and I were intruding upon your hospitality…"
5 hours ago
Jerseygal commented on Edie Boudreau's blog post This Time We Have to Lead From the Front!
"Edie, as one of the site owners, I respectfully disagree about FR as not being a venue for…"
5 hours ago
" Thanks again, Jerome, I never expected you to invest any money; I only wanted your…"
6 hours ago
Doug Fox replied to Doug Fox's discussion Traitor's Justice
"Latest info on HRC email problems. Gonna be an action packed May I do…"
8 hours ago
Jerome commented on Edie Boudreau's blog post This Time We Have to Lead From the Front!
"  I am interested, however, I'm of very limited assets, and it sounds like monetary…"
15 hours ago
Robin posted a discussion

Matt Gaetz: Evidence of FBI-media 'corruption' coming out before DOJ inspector general report

Rep. Matt Gaetz says evidence of FBI officials improperly receiving incentives from the media in…See More
yesterday
"Hi Jerome, Thanks for checking it out.  The problem is that it is still a passive site. This…"
yesterday
Jerome commented on Edie Boudreau's blog post This Time We Have to Lead From the Front!
"Edie, I checked out "ItsYourIssue" well done.  How many current contributors are…"
yesterday
Montee Sneed liked Watchman's blog post Save the planet?
yesterday
"Amen, Jerome.  I agree with everything you said; I just have no idea how we the people, who…"
yesterday
Watchman commented on Watchman's blog post Save the planet?
"Good post Jodi. I didn't agree with George Carlin on everything, but we are on the same…"
Monday
Jodi180 commented on Watchman's blog post Save the planet?
"Every time I get a chance, when 'save the planet' comes up, I play this.  Those who…"
Sunday
Luis522 and Edie Boudreau are now friends
Sunday
Luis522 commented on Luis522's blog post IS EUROPE BACK IN THE DARK AGES?
"I hear ya, Watchman. W/ out a doubt there are many out there w/ there hands up wondering "How…"
Sunday
Doug Fox liked Watchman's blog post Save the planet?
Sunday

© 2019   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service