Holder: ‘We Have to Ask Ourselves Some Hard Questions’ About Gun Rights After Conn. Shootings

You first, Eric! Come clean on Fast and Furious. You want to talk about guns? How about we start there and then move forward? How many people died because of your gun running operation?  

Attorney General Eric Holder said the shootings in Newtown, Conn. mean it’s time “to ask ourselves some hard questions” about gun rights.

“As a nation I think we have to ask ourselves some hard questions. We gather too often to talk about these kinds of incidents,” Holder said in Tulsa, Okla. on Friday. “We need to discuss who we are as a nation, talk about the freedoms that we have, the rights that we have and how those might be used in a responsible way.”

He added, “But for now I think we should concentrate on dealing with the situation in Connecticut and we are doing, as I said, the best that we can at the Justice Department and throughout federal law enforcement.”

An online petition calling on the White House to immediately address the issue of gun control quickly surpassed the necessary 25,000 signatures on Friday; it had more than 114,000 signatures Sunday morning.

President Barack Obama on Friday vowed to take “meaningful action” to prevent more such tragedies from happening in the future.

Video: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/holder-we-have-to-ask-ourselves-som...

Views: 134

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

AUSTRALIA: MORE VIOLENT CRIME DESPITE GUN BAN

http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?Article_ID=17847

I have heard them say on Fox that the number of mass killing per year have actually declined over the few decades. I have looked but so far can not find the numbers. I have found a very interesting article that many other articles refer to as an excellent source. It is definitely interesting reading.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/07/mass-shootings-map://

Oops! Here is an even better one!

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/are-mass-shootings-really-on-the-...

It would be very hard to express how mad and how very disappointed I am in the people backing this continuing drive to dictatorship.  Any deaths caused by the Democratic Party - 300 estimated in Fast and Furious, 80 in Waco, 4 in Banghazi, 2 in Ruby Ridge, 3000 a day in abortion centers, millions dead by the communist friends, thousands or more dead by their Muslim friends.

And yet... as soon as they get a chance on a death that they did not cause, it is a means for them to attack the bill of rights.

I am going to repeat my constant drumbeat. What are the citizens going to DO
about it? I believe that the past 5 years have proved that the word is NOT mightier than the sword. NO  NO NO I am NOT advocating violence but there are so many, many more options - and I  have repeatedly listed them with no response.

"We have a Republic if we can keep it"

Well, Ben, we didn't keep it! The entire government, media, and 3/4 of the citizens believe they live in a democracy. Not a single democracy in history has succeeded!

Personally, I believe that in the last decade we have increasingly lived in a monarchy!

RH, I always figured that debate about politics and religion was an interesting exchange of ideas and a good intellectual exercise because, in the end, neither party was going to change their mind.

I did fairly well during the fist 4 years of Obama - even with the passage of Obamacare which I actually read!

But as the years roll by I am finding it almost impossible to stay "in the mind" and "away from the emotion." I cannot understand why ALL Christians do not comprehend the danger when he forces the Catholics to purchase birth control. I don't understand why ANY American thinks he is a Christian after hearing him say that the most beautiful sound in the world was the Muslim prayers, seeing the Communist and Muslim decorations on his first White House Christmas tree. When he only intervenes in countries when it is the extremist Muslims who are in the majority of rebels. Boy, is he quick to send them aid in the form of arms!

I could go on and on but you get the drift. I believe those of us who believe in the Constitution have lost our last TV station. FOX sounds very on-board with gun control. They speak of "separation of church and state" all the time! Those words do NOT exist in the Constitution!

I look at that man or hear him or hear about him and I think, "This is PURE EVIL." If there is an anti-Christ - there he stands! And the majority of our country is following him! It absolutely terrifies me!

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

BRING BACK #HUAC

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

kwicgov55 replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"Thanks for the information Duke. Your post is the first notification that I have received from FR…"
Jun 14
Duke posted a status
"Look at "Nuremberg 2.0 friends, on you tube."
Jun 13
Duke replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"The big "SCAM", it's all been a lie.  Please check out "Nuremberg…"
Jun 13
"I believe you are right Watchman. I also think that the presidential election isn't the only…"
Jun 7
"I've wondered the same thing Watchman. I haven't had any notifications from FR in months.…"
Jun 7
Jodi180 replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"Wow...that sounds like a horrible winter!  Good to hear your getting mobile and feeling…"
Jun 2
Ruthann replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"Hi Jodi, I was sick most of the winter passing out & dizzy. Nothing worst then regaining…"
Jun 1
"Hi Ruthann...good to see you back here.  Yep, think it's high time to regroup!"
Jun 1
Ruthann posted discussions
May 27
Ruthann replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"I check in from time to time but there never seems to be anyone here.  HELLO! IS ANYONE STILL…"
May 26
"I agree.  We need a movement like 2009. According to the talking heads, cRATS can expect a…"
May 8
Watchman replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"I think we have a good idea how it happened, and it was executed brilliantly. They used Covid as…"
May 7
kwicgov55 liked Jodi180's discussion "Why Vaccine Passports Equal Slavery Forever"
May 5
Jodi180 posted a discussion

"Why Vaccine Passports Equal Slavery Forever"

Um...anyone else unnerved by this vid?According to Dr. Wolf...this will probably get me on a list.See More
May 3
"Still trying to understand how this happened? I think we're shell-shocked, Watchman."
May 3
Watchman posted a discussion

Where is everyone?

It's been really quiet since the phony inauguration on Jan 20th. Where is everyone?See More
May 2

© 2021   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service