Friday, September 14, 2018

A week that marked a terrible anniversary, September 11th, is now ending on an ominous note: the landfall of Hurricane Florence. Before we get down to business, I wanted to assure those of you who are still dealing with the trauma of the 9/11 attacks or facing the destruction wrought by Florence, that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

These are busy times in Washington, but we never forget our Heritage family members and the challenges you and your families face.

We try to help lessen those challenges by advancing policy solutions we know will work. For example, we know that free markets work because free people make better economic decisions than the government does. This Tuesday, we were pleased to welcome to Heritage a preeminent spokesman for the cause of free enterprise: Dr. Walter Williams. Speaking before a packed Lehrman Auditorium, he reminded us that free markets are the only ethical economic system, and urged us to pass that insight along to our children and grandchildren.

Our featured Daily Signal article presents an amazing story you won’t see on the news tonight. Rachel del Guidice reports on an Ohio county’s conservative conversion, and how our ideas are winning in their community.

Also this week, we stood firmly and proudly with Judge Brett Kavanaugh as he faced furious and increasingly unhinged opposition. Liberal antics were at fever pitch, but Heritage experts countered the madness—calmly and convincingly—in more than 184 media appearances. We refuse to let the Left’s libels and misrepresentations go unchallenged and uncorrected.

Thank you for trusting us with these crucial responsibilities, and working with us to fashion a brighter future for all Americans. Your trust is humbling, and we are honored.

Please remember to comment below, and let us know what’s on your mind. I look forward to hearing from you!

All the best,
Kay Coles James
President

How Heritage is preserving economic freedom for future generations

by Dustin Howard

As President Reagan said, "Freedom is never more than one generation from extinction." Sure enough, a generation after his presidency, economic freedom suddenly has fallen out of favor with young people, largely because of left-wing dominance on America’s campuses and in our popular culture.

In this video, Heritage sends young people a simple message about capitalism: you need it to survive. Of course, capitalism needs young people too, or both will fail. That is why The Heritage Foundation is launching the speakers series "Free Markets: The Ethical Economic C... to remind young people about the blessings of liberty.

The series will illustrate that no other system has lifted more people out of poverty or better empowered them to pursue their dreams. Dr. Walter Williams, the John M. Olin Distinguished Professor of Economics at George Mason University, kicked off this series, with more distinguished speakers to come.

We have the ability to share the best minds with a new generation because of your steadfast support. Thank you for standing with us as we preserve economic freedom for the next generation of Americans.

Watch Dr. Williams speak here.

Click here to tell us: What is the best way to show young Americans the importance of economic freedom?

Heritage tells Ohio's story from the county fair

by Dustin Howard

Ohio has been called the kingmaker of states. A swing state, its voters—and its electoral votes—often provide the margin of victory in closely contested presidential races. As such, the Buckeye State is viewed as representing most of America.

The Daily Signal’s Rachel del Guidice traveled to the heart of this bellwether state, in which 80 out of 88 of counties voted for President Trump. Hitting the Stark County Fair, del Guidice talked with locals who voted for Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012, and for Donald Trump in 2016. Why the switch? she asked.

Even though fair-goers may not label themselves as conservatives, they often agree with traditional conservative ideas. They want to fix immigration and stop illegal immigrants from gaming the system. They want to get rid of Obamacare, because their family members can’t afford its high premiums. They don’t like the welfare system. Nearly all of them distrust the media. And virtually all benefited from the recent tax cuts and are doing better economically than before.

Speaking with conservatives, moderates and even liberals, del Guidice discovered a huge appetite for conservative solutions to their problems—solutions that Barack Obama didn’t offer. The Heritage Foundation has the conservative solutions that Ohio voters want. We can tell their story through the Daily Signal.

As long as President Trump keeps delivering, we can depend on Middle America, to stand with with us. Thank you for trusting us to offer winning solutions, and to tell the story of people who are thriving.

Click here to tell us: What is your biggest conservative issue, almost two years into the Trump Presidency?

Heritage stands with Judge Brett Kavanaugh

by Dustin Howard

What makes a conservative Supreme Court justice? Someone who actually follows the law, not someone who makes it up a... It’s that level of restraint that earns the trust and loyalty of conservatives at The Heritage Foundation.

So when liberals project their bad habits of judicial activism onto Judge Kavanaugh, we won't stand for that. Last week, Heritage made appearances 184 times in print, on television and on the radio, to stand up against fake liberal attacks and tell the truth about Judge Kavanaugh. For a flavor of that truth, here’s expert Tom Jipping explaining the hearings to SCOTUS 101’s E...

Our country needs the principled, constitutional jurisprudence that Judge Kavanaugh would bring to the Supreme Court. And that’s why some of his biggest boosters are Heritage scholars Thomas Jipping and John Malcolm, whom we featured last week in our Special Member Briefing on Judge Kavanaugh. Another Kavanaugh admirer, Heritage expert Hans von Spakovsky provided a regular rundown of what this week’s confirmation hearings meant.

Along the way, von Spakovsky dismantled liberal attacks against Kavanaugh. Since they couldn’t land an honest punch on the judge, von Spakovsky predicts he will be confirmed. The Senate Judiciary Committee is set to vote on him this coming Thursday, which would move the nomination to the floor for a final confirmation. Thank you for giving Heritage the tools it needs to come out strong and help bring historic conservative change to the Supreme Court.

Click here to tell us: What kind of judge do you think Justice Kava...

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tweeting this out so people can do their poll on Judge Kavanaugh. Thanks JB

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

BRING BACK #HUAC

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

kwicgov55 replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"I believe you are right Watchman. I also think that the presidential election isn't the only…"
Monday
kwicgov55 replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"I've wondered the same thing Watchman. I haven't had any notifications from FR in months.…"
Monday
Jodi180 replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"Wow...that sounds like a horrible winter!  Good to hear your getting mobile and feeling…"
Jun 2
Ruthann replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"Hi Jodi, I was sick most of the winter passing out & dizzy. Nothing worst then regaining…"
Jun 1
"Hi Ruthann...good to see you back here.  Yep, think it's high time to regroup!"
Jun 1
Ruthann posted discussions
May 27
Ruthann replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"I check in from time to time but there never seems to be anyone here.  HELLO! IS ANYONE STILL…"
May 26
"I agree.  We need a movement like 2009. According to the talking heads, cRATS can expect a…"
May 8
Watchman replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"I think we have a good idea how it happened, and it was executed brilliantly. They used Covid as…"
May 7
kwicgov55 liked Jodi180's discussion "Why Vaccine Passports Equal Slavery Forever"
May 5
Jodi180 posted a discussion

"Why Vaccine Passports Equal Slavery Forever"

Um...anyone else unnerved by this vid?According to Dr. Wolf...this will probably get me on a list.See More
May 3
"Still trying to understand how this happened? I think we're shell-shocked, Watchman."
May 3
Watchman posted a discussion

Where is everyone?

It's been really quiet since the phony inauguration on Jan 20th. Where is everyone?See More
May 2
Watchman replied to Watchman's discussion Massive military presence in D.C.
"FYI there is still a military presence in D.C. complete with barbed wire fence. The question is…"
Feb 21
Jodi180 replied to Jodi180's discussion Stolen Election? If So, Can It Be "Unstolen"?
"I believe this shows that We The Conservatives have truly lost our vote.  We, most likely,…"
Feb 6
Patriot2Opine replied to Ruthann's discussion The Unsinkable Ship Titanic AMERICA is Sinking!
"So true. Hypocrisy, lies, open hostility and where does it take us? Just a little historical note…"
Jan 21

© 2021   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service