FREEDOMWORKS

United Airlines Fiasco Should Never Have Happened
- by FreedomWorks Senior Economic Contributor Stephen Moore via CNN

Can the airlines really be this stupid?

By now, nearly everyone has seen the video of a passenger being dragged off a United Airlines flight. Most Americans -- especially frequent flyers -- are horrified. Airlines are notorious for lousy customer service, but this latest fiasco sets a new low. So much for the "friendly skies."

What happened this past weekend should never, ever happen again. It should have never happened at all. Read more here...

What the Freedom Caucus Stands For
- by George F. Will via The Washington Post

With a mellifluous name suggesting bucolic tranquility, Rep. Mark Meadows, a North Carolina Republican, is an unlikely object of the caterwauling recently directed at him and the House Freedom Caucus he leads. The vituperation was occasioned by the HFC’s role rescuing Republicans from embracing an unpopular first draft of legislation to replace Obamacare.

A decisive blow against the bill was struck by the quintessential Republican moderate, New Jersey’s Rodney Frelinghuysen, chairman of the Appropriations Committee, whose family has included a member of the Continental Congress, four U.S. senators and, in 1844, a vice-presidential nominee: “Hurrah! Hurrah! The country’s risin’, for Henry Clay and Frelinghuysen.”

Although just a little over two years old, the HFC signals a revival of congressional resistance to the dangerous waxing of executive power under presidents of both parties. The caucus is a rarity, a heartening political development: people giving priority to their legislative craft and institution rather than to a president of their party barking at them. Read more here...

FreedomWorks' Book Club Spotlight: "Our Lost Constitution: The Willful Subversion of America's Founding Document"

In Our Lost Constitution, Senator Mike Lee tells the dramatic, little-known stories behind six of the Constitution's most indispensable provisions. He shows their rise. He shows their fall. And he makes vividly clear how nearly every abuse of federal power today is rooted in neglect of this Lost Constitution. Get your copy here...

We Need More Than A Tax Cut
- by Adam Brandon via The Daily Caller

There was a transformational shift in American politics with the election of Donald Trump. Frustrated by the status quo, the electorate sent a message to Washington that it’s ready for a different path.

Americans are tired of Washington, and they are frustrated with the size and growth of the federal government. One thing they face every year is the 74,000-page tax code. With Donald Trump’s election and Republican majorities in Congress comes a generational opportunity on fundamental tax reform, one that could help create an atmosphere for meaningful economic growth and greater opportunities for all Americans.

It has been more than 30 years since Congress reformed the tax code. Since then, the tax code has grown more complex and onerous. The Tax Foundation estimated that Americans spent nearly 9 billion hours and spent $409 billion to comply with the tax code in 2016. The amount of money spent on tax compliance is greater than the gross domestic product of Maryland. Read more here...

Rep. Ted Budd: Sticking To His Guns on Repealing ObamaCare
- by Adam Brandon

Rep. Ted Budd (R-N.C.) is new to the world of politics. His commitment to really repealing Obamacare was on full display as Speaker Paul Ryan pushed his health care bill. What he says is not just words. His behavior made that clear in the recent healthcare debate.

Republicans have been running on repeal of Obamacare for the better part of a decade, and we saw some members who seemed happy to support RyanCare – they did not want to be faced with a vote for a strong repeal they passed last year when they knew President Obama would not sign it. Speaker Paul Ryan even said that strong bill was the “clear path” forward under a Republican president. Now that we have one, he backpedaled.

Ted believes that a free market and patient-centered laws will spur more competition, lower costs, and result more affordable health insurance – and care. You should not need health insurance to cover a chipped tooth or an ingrown toenail. A free market will lower health care costs, not just change how the government pays for it. Read more here...

ALEC-FreedomWorks Legislator of the Week
- via ALEC

Senator Andre Cushing is a native Mainer and was born in Bangor, Maine. He attended the University of Maine and studied business. Outside of his work in the legislature, Sen. Cushing has been a small business owner for forty years and currently serves as a real estate agent.

Sen. Cushing was elected to the Maine House of Representatives in 2008 where he served until 2012 when he was elected to the Maine State Senate. He is serving his second term as the Senate Assistant Majority Leader, a role he also filled in the Maine House of Representatives when the majority change occurred in 2010. Sen. Cushing is an active member of several organizations related to legislative duties but is very proud to be involved with the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) where he is in his second term on the Board of Directors as well as the Maine State Chair. He has sponsored legislation that focuses on reforming healthcare, and was the lead sponsor on the strongest prescription monitoring bill passed in the nation. Additionally he has helped on bills addressing workers comp reform and expanding economic development across the state of Maine. Read more here...

The Structure of the Federal Reserve

Peter Schiff sheds light on monetary policy, an important area of economics that few Americans actually know anything about. This lesson offers a crash course in how the Federal Reserve Bank operates, how it came to be in the first place, and how it has become more powerful and more dangerous over the hundred years of its existence. Watch it here...

Arizona Governor Signs Bill To Tighten Rules On Asset Seizures By Law Enforcement
- via The Arizona Republic

Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey on Wednesday signed sweeping legislation that will reform the state’s civil-asset forfeiture policies, expanding oversight on spending and ratcheting up the burden of proof required for police to seize property.

House Bill 2477, sponsored by Rep. Eddie Farnsworth, R-Gilbert, received broad bipartisan support. It was lauded by criminal-justice-reform advocates from both sides of the aisle, including the conservative group Right on Crime as well as the American Civil Liberties Union of Arizona.

Civil-asset-forfeiture laws have come under fire from both Republicans and Democrats, as critics say the system leads to a “policing for profit” model. Further, officers can seize property based on just the suspicion of criminal activity, without a requirement of a conviction or even a charge. Read more here...

Scott Gottlieb And Reforming The FDA
- by Gabriel Benitez

In his first address to Congress last month, President Trump criticized the Food and Drug Administration’s “slow and burdensome” drug approval process for preventing “too many advances…from reaching those in need.” Indeed, the FDA has repeatedly proven to be a bureaucratic quagmire that slows the development of effective, affordable medication and helps to inflate the price of some drugs to absurd levels.

Needless to say, the FDA is in need of some significant reforms.

Enter Scott Gottlieb – President Trump’s pick to save the sinking ship. As a physician, investor, health policy analyst, and former Deputy Commissioner for Medical and Scientific Affairs at the FDA, Gottlieb has extensive experience tackling public health issues in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors. Read more here...

For Freedom,

Jason Pye
Director of Public Policy, FreedomWorks

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That United fiasco is one of the reasons I won't fly. I used to love to fly, and did a lot, but, have not done so since 9/11. There is just something about being a human torpedo that does NOT appeal to me. That, and now the body scanners showing all your private parts, the hiring of people without vetting them. No thank you!  

I hear you!  I once loved to fly!  You were treated like a person.  You got meals AND snacks.  There was no TSA "uniform" screening (thank you lawyers and anti-profiling advocates).  Today, you stand in line for TSA.  Then you move down the chute to find out if you have a pair.  If there is doubt, you get "special" treatment.  Eventually you get to go to the gate and wait.  When boarding I, like the rest of the cattle on the plane, am herded onto the airplane to find my stall where I must stay for 1 to 5 hours.  MOOOOO!

You described the nightmare of flying perfectly, JB! It used to be fun. I've been back and forth to Hawaii 8 times, 11 hour flight one way. I did live there for a year as well. My oldest sister lives there and has ever since she went there to college and graduate school. I loved it there but got island fever and moved home! lol 

My first trip to Hawaii was in May 1971.  It was an R&R flight from Vietnam. Next was a flight in 1987 from Korea then in 1988 with the family from Korea.  The last time I was there was in 1989 on business from Washington DC via Dallas.  All long flights.  Was never there for more than a week.  Couldn't put up with the cost.  Also got island fever.  Pretty place.  Been there done that.

I'll have to post for you a few pics of my 2 nieces and one nephew. All 3 are half Hawaiian. My 2 nieces are hula dancers. You may enjoy. They keep begging me to come visit. Umm NOPE cause this girl isnt flying. 

For me, really NECESSARY trips only.  Airplanes should be avoided if an automobile is practical instead.

Perhaps if your nieces came to visit you, you would have an opportunity to acquaint them with mainland reality -- which is somewhat different from island paradise reality.  :)

I agree. Necessary trips only. If I can't get there by car, I don't need to go.

Also, I agree about my nieces. Hawaii is a VERY liberal state. They have NO IDEA! They're on Oahu, it's all, (hang loose braaa) Shaka! LOL  I know you know what I am saying. 

Wait a minute!!  Gotta get my pipe.  Everything becomes more clear after a toke or two.

Haha! Now, what would you be putting in that pipe? A bit of Pakalolo?  ;)) Some Maui Wowie?  You crack me up, JB. 

Here's a picture of my nieces. 

This is Kamalani. She is the lead dancer at Chiefs Luau at Sea Life Park on Oahu

Shannon is on the left.   

She certainly supports the culture she has chosen. :)

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

AGENDA 21/2030

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Jerome commented on Fundamental Refounding's blog post Top conservatives reportedly plotting new TV network to challenge Fox News
"If things at Fox continue in their same direction, in 2 years, maybe less, it'll be like…"
4 hours ago
JeansBrother commented on Fundamental Refounding's blog post Top conservatives reportedly plotting new TV network to challenge Fox News
"There most likely will be change.  The real reasons we most likely will never know."
4 hours ago
Robin replied to NativeCollector's discussion BREAKING: Trump’s ENTIRE Wall Just Got Paid For By ONE Person
"That is the ONE thing that the Dems have over Reps. They stick together. Fustercluck it is! "
4 hours ago
Robin replied to Robin's discussion Byron York: Why can't House repeal Obamacare? Because a lot of Republicans don't want to.
"It is infuriating, JG! I just yesterday received paperwork from my BC/BS that actually made me…"
4 hours ago
Fundamental Refounding commented on Fundamental Refounding's blog post Top conservatives reportedly plotting new TV network to challenge Fox News
"Sean Hannity Says He Hopes New Report on Fox News Isn’t True — Or It’s ‘End…"
4 hours ago
Fundamental Refounding posted a blog post

Top conservatives reportedly plotting new TV network to challenge Fox News

Media industry website Mediaite reported Friday that “conservative fat cats” are considering the…See More
4 hours ago
Jerseygal replied to Robin's discussion Byron York: Why can't House repeal Obamacare? Because a lot of Republicans don't want to.
"Who wrote the bills that passed in 2016? Were the authors of the bills - not the Congressman who…"
5 hours ago
NativeCollector replied to Robin's discussion Byron York: Why can't House repeal Obamacare? Because a lot of Republicans don't want to.
"I would love to see those who voted for the 2016 bill, but won't vote for this one, explain…"
5 hours ago
NativeCollector replied to NativeCollector's discussion BREAKING: Trump’s ENTIRE Wall Just Got Paid For By ONE Person
"I wonder what that forfeiture legislation says about the handling the seized assets.  I…"
5 hours ago
Jerseygal replied to NativeCollector's discussion BREAKING: Trump’s ENTIRE Wall Just Got Paid For By ONE Person
"Me too!  They should have to study ho the democrats do just ONE thing....UNITE!…"
5 hours ago
Robin replied to NativeCollector's discussion BREAKING: Trump’s ENTIRE Wall Just Got Paid For By ONE Person
"I wonder if we can even get this passed by Republicans in Congress. I feel like strangling them."
5 hours ago
Robin replied to Robin's discussion Byron York: Why can't House repeal Obamacare? Because a lot of Republicans don't want to.
"Exactly, Kwic. How do we fight back on this? They don't give one damn about us. They have…"
6 hours ago
kwicgov55 replied to Robin's discussion Byron York: Why can't House repeal Obamacare? Because a lot of Republicans don't want to.
"We already suspected that our "representatives" lied to us to get elected, so that they…"
12 hours ago
JeansBrother replied to JeansBrother's discussion Judicial Watch Weekly Update -- 4/28/2017
"Are we already at the point where we have such disdain for our Lords and Ladies who take from the…"
17 hours ago
Robin posted a discussion

Byron York: Why can't House repeal Obamacare? Because a lot of Republicans don't want to.

"We're going to go when we have the votes," Speaker Paul Ryan said Thursday when asked when the…See More
18 hours ago
Robin replied to Rick's discussion Trump: I'm 'Absolutely' Considering Breaking Up 'Outrageous' 9th Circuit
"Ted Cruz: It’s ‘a possibility’ to break up the 9th Circuit Court Appearing on…"
18 hours ago

TRAFFIC

© 2017   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service