Energy Department climate change office bans ‘climate change’ language — yes, you read that right

Energy Department climate change office bans ‘climate change’ language — yes, you read that right

The Energy Department’s Office of International Climate and Clean Energy is now no longer allowed to use language necessary for promoting or even acknowledging the existence of global warming, including phrases “climate change,” “emissions reduction” and “Paris Agreement,” according to a report by Politico.

Politico reports a supervisor in the Office of International Climate and Clean Energy told employees of the agency on Tuesday they would no longer be able to use the climate-change language in written communications.

The instructions were delivered on the same day President Donald Trump signed a multi-part executive order that reversed climate-change-related policies implemented by President Barack Obama. According to the text of the order, it will promote “clean and safe development of our Nation’s vast energy resources, while at the same time avoiding regulatory burdens that unnecessarily encumber energy production, constrain economic growth, and prevent job creation.”

According to the Office of International Climate and Clean Energy’s website, “The Office of International Climate Office of International Climate and Clean Energy (ICCE) … serves as the focal point for international climate change and clean energy activities within the United States Department of Energy (DOE). The Office coordinates DOE participation in international forums that focus on these topics, such as the Clean Energy Ministerial, United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. It also develops and implements international climate and clean energy initiatives consistent with Administration policy objectives and coordinates the related efforts of other DOE program offices.”

Interestingly, the Department of Energy’s websitecontains language that seems to conflict with the new directive for the Office of International Climate and Clean Energy.

In a section titled “Climate Change,” DOE states, “To fight climate change, the Energy Department supports research and innovation that makes fossil energy technologies cleaner and less harmful to the people and the environment. We’re taking responsible steps to cut carbon pollution, develop domestic renewable energy production and win the global race for clean energy innovation. We’re also working to dramatically increase the efficiency of appliances, homes, businesses and vehicles—all in support of the President’s Climate Action Plan.”

The “President” named here is President Obama, suggesting the website is in need of significant updating.

The DOE is run by former Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R), who has during his career been very vocal about his opposition to the theory man is causing global temperatures to rise. However, during his confirmation hearings in January, Perry seemed to back away slightly from that stance.

“I believe the climate is changing,” said Perry. “I believe some of it is naturally occurring, but some of it is also caused by man-made activity. The question is how do we address it in a thoughtful way that doesn’t compromise economic growth, the affordability of energy or American jobs.”

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/04/01/energy-department-climate-c...

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

While I don't like to see 'language police' forbidding use of certain terms, I do like the idea, only because it will cease to give 'global warming/climate change' that bit of legitimacy. 

I have to admit, I laughed right out loud when I saw that! Couldn't help myself. 

My first reaction too!!

Hahaha! :)))

I've been telling everyone that there really is a God.  I don't mean Donald Trump, Jeff Sessions, Rick Perry or Neil Gorsuch, I mean the one true God that has allowed these men to be in the positions they are in.  Against all odds, We the People elected the most unlikely outsider to be President of the United States.  Without God's divine Providence it could never have happened.  Too God the glory, the gratitude and the praise from God's own Republic.  As our founding fathers prayed for Divine Providence in the making of this nation free of tyranny and into the republic it has become.  Once again our Lord answered the millions of prayers to save our republic from itself.  Amen

I agree.  There is no perfect person on this earth, and President Trump certainly has flaws.  I do believe God is guiding us, and I pray daily that our leaders will do the right things! 

Originally Dept. of Nuclear Energy.  Funds some big projects, but would get far better results from a few million to lppfusion.com !  Check it out.

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

AGENDA 21/2030

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Robin replied to Robin's discussion The House Freedom Caucus has declared all-out war on #Obamacare.
"Well said, Jerome! Government needs to repeal it totally. Get out and let the free market work."
15 minutes ago
Robin replied to Robin's discussion The House Freedom Caucus has declared all-out war on #Obamacare.
"I agree, Doug! This is so very frustrating. Great to see you, btw!"
20 minutes ago
Jerome replied to Robin's discussion The House Freedom Caucus has declared all-out war on #Obamacare.
"Repeal is 100% crucial.  Replacement is not necessary if the replacement is a government…"
2 hours ago
Doug Fox replied to Robin's discussion The House Freedom Caucus has declared all-out war on #Obamacare.
"About time someone in the House showed some spine !! I remain skeptical that they can get the 218…"
11 hours ago
Robin posted discussions
11 hours ago
Robin replied to Rick's discussion GOP Rep. Steve King: Speaker Paul Ryan Is Not for the Border Wall (VIDEO)
"We all know now that Paul Ryan wants to keep things status-quo. They don't want the apple cart…"
12 hours ago
Robin liked Rick's discussion GOP Rep. Steve King: Speaker Paul Ryan Is Not for the Border Wall (VIDEO)
12 hours ago
Jerome replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Wed Tids 7/19/17 The Top 25 RINOs that need to be replaced... REPEAL..The 7 Most Hypocritical Things Republicans Have Said About Obamacare Repeal
"Hypocrites, one and all!"
yesterday
JeansBrother posted a discussion

Heritage Foundation -- 2017 Index of Culture and Opportunity

The 2016 election cycle revealed a deeply unsettled spirit in many Americans. Job and wage numbers…See More
yesterday
Rick posted discussions
yesterday
Fundamental Refounding posted a discussion
yesterday
Lynn Rackoski posted a discussion

FBI turns over 7,000 documents from Weiner laptop in Clinton-tied case

The FBI has turned over 7,000 new documents from Anthony Weiner’s private laptop to the State…See More
yesterday
Ruthann liked Robin's discussion Conservatives. A MUST READ THREAD! Via @josh_hammer
yesterday
kwicgov55 replied to Robin's discussion Conservatives. A MUST READ THREAD! Via @josh_hammer
"He nailed it. Tweeted out."
Thursday
kwicgov55 liked Robin's discussion Conservatives. A MUST READ THREAD! Via @josh_hammer
Thursday
Robin posted discussions
Wednesday

TRAFFIC

© 2017   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service