Dietz #2000 Millennium Cooker Lantern

I ordered this lantern to have something as a light/heat/cooking source in the event of a power outage.  It is lightweight, and it does throw enough light to read by (for a while at least).  It came with two little pots, I think one is supposed to be a frying pan.  You could fry one egg, or one small pancake.  It was rather quick heating up cold coffee, so I imagine it would heat soup or the canned meat in broth ( https://fundamentalrefounding.ning.com/forum/topics/how-to-can-meat... ) in just a few minutes.  I keep it handy, we often lose power here with summer storms, and winter blizzards.  I'll list the particulars below:

Price: $29.95
Shipping Weight: 6.00 pounds

The Dietz #2000 Millenium Cooker Lantern was developed to heat water or food for emergency or camping use indoors or out. Its compact design is similar to the Dietz #30 Little Wizard lantern, and will burn for 23 hours per filling. Included is an aluminum plate and 12 oz. cup to heat water, soup or a small meal, as well as a snap-on bracket and hold-down pegs to prevent tip over when used outdoors. A must have for emergency preparedness kits.

Specifications
■ 12" Height, 6" Base Diameter 
■ Plate and cup: 4 1/2" OD ■ Average 9 Candle Power, 5/8" Wick 
■ 17 oz. Fount Capacity, 23 Hour Burning Time 
■ Apprx. Thermal Output: 1100 BTU per Hour 
■ Operates on Average at 4 Cents per Hour worth of Lamp Oil

As with anything, shop around!  Rahthrae saw this same lantern on an imported goods website, for $60.95!  The Lehmann Non-Electric catalog sells it for the same price as W.T. Kirkman.  I found W.T. Kirkman great to deal with, and would not hesitate to purchase from that vendor again.  Check it for yourself here: http://www.lanternnet.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&St... 

I used FloraSense lamp oil in it, purchased at WalMart for around $6 for a gallon jug.

I'll answer questions about it, as I am able!  JG

Views: 1486

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is a really nice lantern.  I like multi-use items like that as long as their primary function is not compromised.  Yeah, that lantern retails from the company for $29.95.  Here is a paste from what one of the vendors is selling that lantern for:

DHL2000-Cooking-Oil-LanternRetail: $109.95Sale Price: $69.95 !!!

Talk about a load of crap!  So yes, I hope everyone makes it a point to do their own research and shop around.  I did the best I could for folks on the Amazon stuff I used for the Prepare page.  I am glad you are happy with the lantern I suggested!

God bless.

Thanks, Rahthrae. I meant to also add that it comes with some brackets that you can attach to a table or stand. This would prevent most accidental tip-overs and the associated dangers. The lantern is still easily removed from should you need to carry it with you to light your way.

Hi Rahth,

I've been wanting one of these for a long time and I finally ordered myself one! It is on the way! Yay! Can't wait to get it! I sure could have used it last week when we lost power and the generator wouldn't start. I had no coffee and wasn't a happy camper! Oh, I also just ordered a new generator too! 

Hugs, Robin ;)

Hi Robin,

Well, I hope you are as impressed with the lantern as JG and I were.  I have still yet to see anything quite like it.  As per getting the new generator, I really hope it works out for you.  That other one was crap.  This is certainly the time to be getting squared away on preps.  I think people will be quite shocked how much things might change by the middle of next year.  With all of the things going on, things can get very difficult very quickly.  I'm very happy to see that you all are doing all that you are.

God bless. 

Hi Rahth,

I got it and unpacked the lantern, and I am very impressed with it! This is just what I needed. Already filled it and I will be testing it out too! Pretty neat dual use item! I will let you know how fast it can heat up food items and coffee for sure! 

;)  

Looking forward to it, Robin! I know you'll be pleased with it. Mine is kept handy and I'm considering a second one.

This thing is cool as heck, JG! I took it out and have it all set up, filled and ready to test it, once I get a few minutes. LOL I love it! What an awesome lantern!

I also found that vendor, W. T. Kirkman, to be wonderful to do business with.
This is a nice discount that W. T. Kirkman Lanterns, Inc. has extended to all our members!  I am very pleased with the lantern I purchased, AND the service from W.T. Kirkman!

Featured in our first e-mail newsletter are
new items and an online discount coupon code
Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
twitter
W.T. Kirkman Lanterns, Inc
The Largest Selection of Oil & Electric Tubular Lanterns and Replacement Parts,
and an U
nparalleled Inventory of Replacement Oil Lamp Chimneys and Burners,
and Aladdin, Kosmos, and Flat Wick Oil Lamps.

W.T. Kirkman Lanterns
Summer Newsletter

Hi

It may have been awhile since we've been in contact.  If you prefer to not receive exclusive discount coupons and information on our product line, please use this link to unsubscribe from this list

You may also click here to update subscription preferences  or by e-mailing me directly at dawnkirkman@lanternnet.com

Just a friendly reminder, now is the time to make sure your lanterns are clean and in good order to enjoy this summer.  Cleaning dirty globes, replacing broken or cracked ones, and replacing wick that is more than two years old is recommended for optimum operation.  (In addition to conveying fuel to the flame, wick acts as a fuel filter, and accumulates impurities which will inhibit proper operation.  A new wick will bring new life into your oil lamp or lantern.)  Whether on the deck or patio, around the barbeque, or even on the beach, lanterns add a certain ambiance that can't be beat!

SPECIAL OFFER:
From now through July 31, 2013, you can take 10% off of any online purchase from W.T. Kirkman Lanterns, including both oil and electric lanterns, replacement parts etc..  Just use the coupon code MC10 during checkout to take advantage of this offer.

Have A Great Summer!

Dawn Kirkman
W.T. Kirkman Party Lantern Sets
Our W.T. Kirkman Premium Grade Party Lantern Sets are available in three different lantern sizes, the #1 Little Champ, #2 Champion, and #350 Little Giant.  All three models now feature solid color globes.  These are perfect for adding that festive touch for an evening pool party or barbeque.

W.T. Kirkman #92 Ramona Oil Lamp
The Newest Item in our American Made Heritage Series, The #92 "Ramona" Solid Brass Oil Lamp, available with several burner and shade options.
Electric Lanterns
When you need the look of an oil burning lantern, but the convenience of electricity, we have over 10,00 electric lantern variations available.  All of our electric lanterns are built to order so that you may specify only the options you need. 
Dietz #50 Comet Lantern
After a long absence, we are proud to exclusively offer the Dietz #50 Comet cold blast lantern in bright tin plate finish.
W.T. Kirkman #100 Watchman Lantern
We now have our #100 Watchman railroad style signal lanterns available again in solid brass.
Wick Department
Our newly expanded wick department features all of the common sizes of flat wick for lamps and lanterns, plus wick for Aladdin Lamps, Kosmos and Matador Lamps, and obsolete Center Draft Lamps.  If your oil lamp or lantern sputters, chances are it just needs a new wick to make it burn like new.
James H. wrote recently about his W.T. Kirkman No. 2 Champion lanterns: 

"Bought my "Work Horses" as a pair at least 10 years ago. Just did a bit of rejuvenation on them and they're ready for another decade of service."

All of the goods in our line are sold on a positive guarantee of
money back if for any reason, or no reason, the purchaser is in
any way dissatisfied.

Your Satisfaction is Strictly Guaranteed!
Copyright © 2013 W.T. Kirkman Lanterns, Inc, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this e-mail because you opted in at our website.

Our mailing address is:
W.T. Kirkman Lanterns, Inc
PO Box 2166
Ramona, Ca 92065

Add us to your address book
Forward to a Friend            Unsubscribe from this list          Update Subscription Preferences 

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

Great info, thanks, will look into it.

Good to see you, PE.  It is really handy to have multi-use items like this handy.

Hello JG,

I was looking at this post again.  I thought it might be worth mentioning that all the things heated with this or a wood stove that is already being used for heating the home help stretch out supplies like cans of Sterno, alcohol or solid fuel tabs for small stove units as well. 

God bless.

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

BRING BACK #HUAC

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Robin replied to Robin's discussion Migrant caravan bound for US swells despite Trump threats...'You can’t even walk, there’s just so many people'
"‘Thank God’: Former ICE Director Says Trump Is A ‘Bulldog’ Who Will Stop…"
1 hour ago
Robin replied to Robin's discussion Migrant caravan bound for US swells despite Trump threats...'You can’t even walk, there’s just so many people'
"This is getting mighty UGLY! This is a flat out invasion! They aren’t asylum seekers! We must…"
1 hour ago
Jerseygal replied to Jerseygal's discussion Fauxahontas’ DNA results are in
"Thanks for the many responses!  Trump got into her head, for sure!"
1 hour ago
Jerseygal liked JeansBrother's discussion Heritage -- Daily Signal -- 10/22/2018
1 hour ago
Robin replied to JeansBrother's discussion Heritage -- Daily Signal -- 10/22/2018
"I just love the way you put things, Luis! You speak the truth while cracking me up at the same…"
1 hour ago
Robin liked JeansBrother's discussion Heritage -- Daily Signal -- 10/22/2018
1 hour ago
Luis522 replied to JeansBrother's discussion Heritage -- Daily Signal -- 10/22/2018
"It's more-than-one Monday! 1. Florida....uh...hello? The enthusiasm at the mayor…"
6 hours ago
Jodi180 replied to Jerseygal's discussion Fauxahontas’ DNA results are in
"Ok...these are going in Tids!!"
6 hours ago
"Ok...I'm laughing, JG."
6 hours ago
"Good one!"
6 hours ago
Griswold liked Robin's discussion Migrant caravan bound for US swells despite Trump threats...'You can’t even walk, there’s just so many people'
8 hours ago
Jerome commented on Robin's blog post How Democrat Rage is Destroying America.... A deranged radical movement gets high on its own fury.
"There is a canon that hasn't made a sound since President Trumps victory and the ensuing…"
9 hours ago
Watchman replied to Robin's discussion Migrant caravan bound for US swells despite Trump threats...'You can’t even walk, there’s just so many people'
"Short of using force, which I doubt we will do, I don't know any way to stop them. Even using…"
9 hours ago
Jerome replied to Robin's discussion Migrant caravan bound for US swells despite Trump threats...'You can’t even walk, there’s just so many people'
"This may very well end up as the showdown of showdowns.  The U.S.'s resolve is about to…"
10 hours ago
JeansBrother posted discussions
10 hours ago
JeansBrother replied to Robin's discussion Migrant caravan bound for US swells despite Trump threats...'You can’t even walk, there’s just so many people'
"Get Mexico to allow US troops inside Mexico for up to two miles past the US-Mexico border. Get…"
yesterday

TRAFFIC

© 2018   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service