Common Core Strikes Again - Local outcry raised against Common Core suggested reading material

More pressure is mounting locally on national curriculum guidelines known as “Common Core.”

710 KNUS is airing senate testimony given by a mother, Sarah Coburn, with students in the Adams 12 school district. Coburn reads from a book, “The Bluest Eye,” which she says is included in the suggested reading list from Common Core guides.

Below is the second hour of the Dan Caplis Show on 710 KNUS. Coburn’s interview with Caplis begins at 6:25, and the recording of her testimony can be heard starting at the 14:30 mark (with a small introduction of the audio).  Warning:  The recorded testimony from Coburn includes adult language of a frank sexual nature.

Last week, the Colorado Senate rejected a bill that aimed to slow the implementation of Common Core on a party line vote.

Audio: http://completecolorado.com/pagetwo/2014/02/19/local-outcry-raised-...

Audio is a little long, and at the 14:30 you'll hear the woman's testimony, it worth listening too.

Some reviews about the book on Amazon.

Sick Novel

By 
Any review you read about The Bluest Eye will tell you that it is a book about a little 11 year old girl who wishes to have blue eyes and blonde hair. However, the entire plot of the novel revolves around the human desire for sex. The book disgusted me with its extensive descriptions of child molesting and prostitutes. I would have thrown the book away if I didn't have to read it for my honors English class. It blows my mind how this book is in many book clubs and how the author won a Nobel award. The entire book is sick, and if I didn't know better, I would say that its main audience purchases it at adult book stores.

This review is from: The Bluest Eye (Vintage International) (Paperback)
For those who care, she uses f-words and b-words in the book. The book is filled with sexuality. I didn't like it because if I want to read a book, I like to read something that doesn't pollute my mind and I thought, an skilful writer like her didn't need to decorate her work with profanity

By 
lucy washington (lansing, illinois USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bluest Eye (Hardcover)
white bashing at its best Im sick and tired of whites being blamed for blacks behavior start taking responsibility for your own peoples actions this book is trash I would rather clean the toilet than suffer through another morrison garbage read
This review is from: The Bluest Eye (Hardcover)
The Bluest Eye was the worst book I have ever read. It was nasty and almost pointless. Evreythig revolved over sex and a lot of other horrible things that people do not care for to read. I was disgusted and shocked that this book got a award and good reviews. It was a nasty horrible book and I hated it. I do not think it deserved all the credit it got. Do not read this book. It does not deserve any stars.
The Worst Book I've Read in a Long Time, I decided not to finish this book after reading about two thirds of it, and realizing that every page was filled with filthy descriptions and the story was jumping around way too much. It nauseated me to read and I saw no necessity to go into such graphic detail about many things. I kept wondering when I would start to like it as much as the other people did who raved about it, but never got there and was so relieved when I decided to put it down and give it back to Goodwill and find a better book to spend my time with. I am still amazed that this author won a Nobel or Pulitzer prize for her literature, as I found this book totally disgusting and full of filth.

Views: 147

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's amazing to me that we have so called "conservatives" such as Jeb Bush and Mike Huckabee supporting Common Core! Ney York and other states are rejecting Common Core! All sounds very sick to me. 

I can only suggest that these two guys don't understand the content of common core past the idea that it is a national standard (which they assume to be a good thing).  The devil lives in the details.

They better get themselves informed if they don't! 

Interesting, Gris.  Tweeting this one out!

A group of teachers in my area is advocating that third and eighth grade students opt out of the March testing mandated by Common Core.  One of those teachers did a brief talk at a local meeting tonight.  She said that government is data-mining from these kids, and it is set up to go on for 20 years! This data may be merged with other data, such as conceal carry licenses, family issues, medical issues, and finances.

She suggested the parents contact the school superintendent, inform him that your their child is opting out of Common Core testing,  and ask two questions: the first is, what arrangements are made for students who opt out, and second, will my child suffer any ramifications (such as being cut from various extra curricular programs) as a result.  She also stressed that the student must not sign or put his name on the test ~ that launches the data mining!

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

BRING BACK #HUAC

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Jodi180 replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"I agree.  We need a movement like 2009. According to the talking heads, cRATS can expect a…"
May 8
Watchman replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"I think we have a good idea how it happened, and it was executed brilliantly. They used Covid as…"
May 7
kwicgov55 liked Jodi180's discussion "Why Vaccine Passports Equal Slavery Forever"
May 5
Jodi180 posted a discussion

"Why Vaccine Passports Equal Slavery Forever"

Um...anyone else unnerved by this vid?According to Dr. Wolf...this will probably get me on a list.See More
May 3
Jodi180 replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"Still trying to understand how this happened? I think we're shell-shocked, Watchman."
May 3
Watchman posted a discussion

Where is everyone?

It's been really quiet since the phony inauguration on Jan 20th. Where is everyone?See More
May 2
Watchman replied to Watchman's discussion Massive military presence in D.C.
"FYI there is still a military presence in D.C. complete with barbed wire fence. The question is…"
Feb 21
Jodi180 replied to Jodi180's discussion Stolen Election? If So, Can It Be "Unstolen"?
"I believe this shows that We The Conservatives have truly lost our vote.  We, most likely,…"
Feb 6
Patriot2Opine replied to Ruthann's discussion The Unsinkable Ship Titanic AMERICA is Sinking!
"So true. Hypocrisy, lies, open hostility and where does it take us? Just a little historical note…"
Jan 21
Duke replied to Ruthann's discussion The Unsinkable Ship Titanic AMERICA is Sinking!
"We got thru Barkey boy, we can get thru Obiden and knee pads Harris. It's going to be hard to…"
Jan 20
Jodi180 replied to Ruthann's discussion The Unsinkable Ship Titanic AMERICA is Sinking!
"It's maddening, Ruthann...and frightening. It's really hard to realize that the left…"
Jan 20
Watchman posted a blog post

2020 Election Voter Fraud Questions

How do I know the 2020 election was stolen? Simply because the Democrats act like it:You don't try…See More
Jan 19
Patriot2Opine posted a blog post

Think Critically

The post that I wrote in 2017 titled “Shame Lost” almost seems prophetic today. Nearly four years…See More
Jan 19
Patriot2Opine replied to Watchman's discussion Massive military presence in D.C.
"It has been a wild ride in the last twelve years. I would not have believed that we could fall so…"
Jan 19
Duke replied to Watchman's discussion Massive military presence in D.C.
"    IMHO...Hopefully they are there to remove all the evil democrat traitors who have put…"
Jan 16
Watchman posted a photo

Obama vs Trump vs Biden

Does this make sense?
Jan 15

© 2021   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service