What has happened to my state?

That question rattles around my head every day. And everyday I keep thinking how can so many Coloradoans believe in the direction we are headed. Then I remind myself that they are not true Coloradoans but the Californians, New Yorkers and all the other liberals that have ruined their home and have had to start over by fleeing to some place like my state.

Now this same question is still rattles around in my head every day but for a different reason.

Broomfield

Broomfield - Dillion/144th rd & Hwy 287

Jamestown

Jamestown

Longmont

Longmont

Lyons

Boulder - Four Mile Creek

Highway 36 - N. St. Vrain - Apple Valley Bridge

Highway 36 - N. St. Vrain

Highway 7 - S. St. Vrain

Views: 451

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah....no kidding, JB.

No matter what FEMA thinks they can do, Colorado will not be like New Orleans and keep waiting for their help 7 year later to rebuild. True Coloradoans will do it themselves just like Tennessee did after they got hit in 2010.

I have NO DOUBT, Gris.

They're already doing it.

Larimer County residents rebuild their own road

http://kdvr.com/2013/09/19/larimer-county-residents-rebuild-their-o...

All the water is now making it's way into Northeast Colorado

The result has been a nine-foot surge of water flowing through Fort Morgan, Sterling and now Julesburg.

http://kdvr.com/2013/09/18/historic-flooding-moves-into-julesburg-n...

Tweeting this out again, Gris! The pictures are unbelievable! So very sad.

MILLIKEN, Colo. – The Highway 60 bridge that connects Milliken and Platteville reopened Tuesday afternoon.

It’s one of over 1,000 bridges the Colorado Department of Transportation has or will have to inspect before they can be reopened.

CDOT is also set to inspect over 500 lane miles of roadway across the state. A lot of those inspections will take place on Highway 34 near Lyons and Estes Park, two of the towns hardest hit by the floods.

Joshua Laipply, a bridge engineer for CDOT, said he has never seen such widespread damage across the state.

“There are a number of bridges we can’t open,” Laipply said. “There are a number of bridges we can’t even access at this point.”

The Highway 60 bridge between Milken and Plateville was closed down when crews found the bridge no longer connected the road. Crews quickly repaired the damage to reopen the bridge on Tuesday.

Like all other bridges, there were two inspections before the bridge was deemed safe for use. The first determines safety of the bridge in the wake of the floods. The second assesses any necessary repairs.

Those inspection processes delay the reopening of bridges, but Laipply said they are vital parts of the repair process.

“The full extent of what we need to repair can’t be determined in that first assessment,” Laipply said.

As of now, CDOT has not put a time frame on when they are expecting to reopen the majority of the currently-closed bridges and roadways.

Governor John Hickenlooper wants to expedite those repairs, but he also doesn’t want to rush the process.

“A lot of these bridges and culverts and roadways were built a long time ago,” Hickenlooper said. “Design standards weren’t the same. We have a strong opportunity here to, with FEMA’s partnership, come out of this with a stronger statewide infrastructure.”

The state of Colorado is getting help in that process. On Monday, crews from Vermont showed up to assist CDOT. The reason? Their state had the same kind of widespread destruction when Hurricane Irene hit their region two years ago.

http://kdvr.com/2013/09/17/over-1000-bridges-to-be-inspected-for-fl...

I wonder if the Vermont travel and lodging is paid for by Vermont (because they want to help), Colorado (because they are grateful for the help) or FEMA (as part of disaster aid)?

I don't know, but that is a good question JB.

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

BRING BACK #HUAC

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Jodi180 replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"I agree.  We need a movement like 2009. According to the talking heads, cRATS can expect a…"
Saturday
Watchman replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"I think we have a good idea how it happened, and it was executed brilliantly. They used Covid as…"
Friday
kwicgov55 liked Jodi180's discussion "Why Vaccine Passports Equal Slavery Forever"
May 5
Jodi180 posted a discussion

"Why Vaccine Passports Equal Slavery Forever"

Um...anyone else unnerved by this vid?According to Dr. Wolf...this will probably get me on a list.See More
May 3
Jodi180 replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"Still trying to understand how this happened? I think we're shell-shocked, Watchman."
May 3
Watchman posted a discussion

Where is everyone?

It's been really quiet since the phony inauguration on Jan 20th. Where is everyone?See More
May 2
Watchman replied to Watchman's discussion Massive military presence in D.C.
"FYI there is still a military presence in D.C. complete with barbed wire fence. The question is…"
Feb 21
Jodi180 replied to Jodi180's discussion Stolen Election? If So, Can It Be "Unstolen"?
"I believe this shows that We The Conservatives have truly lost our vote.  We, most likely,…"
Feb 6
Patriot2Opine replied to Ruthann's discussion The Unsinkable Ship Titanic AMERICA is Sinking!
"So true. Hypocrisy, lies, open hostility and where does it take us? Just a little historical note…"
Jan 21
Duke replied to Ruthann's discussion The Unsinkable Ship Titanic AMERICA is Sinking!
"We got thru Barkey boy, we can get thru Obiden and knee pads Harris. It's going to be hard to…"
Jan 20
Jodi180 replied to Ruthann's discussion The Unsinkable Ship Titanic AMERICA is Sinking!
"It's maddening, Ruthann...and frightening. It's really hard to realize that the left…"
Jan 20
Watchman posted a blog post

2020 Election Voter Fraud Questions

How do I know the 2020 election was stolen? Simply because the Democrats act like it:You don't try…See More
Jan 19
Patriot2Opine posted a blog post

Think Critically

The post that I wrote in 2017 titled “Shame Lost” almost seems prophetic today. Nearly four years…See More
Jan 19
Patriot2Opine replied to Watchman's discussion Massive military presence in D.C.
"It has been a wild ride in the last twelve years. I would not have believed that we could fall so…"
Jan 19
Duke replied to Watchman's discussion Massive military presence in D.C.
"    IMHO...Hopefully they are there to remove all the evil democrat traitors who have put…"
Jan 16
Watchman posted a photo

Obama vs Trump vs Biden

Does this make sense?
Jan 15

© 2021   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service