As for "fact checking" Mitt Romney on the auto bailout...he was right and the President was incorrect..

As for "fact checking" Mitt Romney on the auto bailout...he was right and the President was incorrect...

"The American auto industry is vital to our national interest as an employer and as a hub for manufacturing. A managed bankruptcy may be the only path to the fundamental restructuring the industry needs. It would permit the companies to shed excess labor, pension and real estate costs. The federal government should provide guarantees for post-bankruptcy financing and assure car buyers that their warranties are not at risk."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/19/op...mney.html?_r=0

Just as I thought Romney was incorrect to challenge the President on what he said in the Rose Garden on Libya in the last debate (I thought he should attack in a more general sense, rather than getting mired in semantics), the President made a tactical error in challenging Romney on what he wrote in the op-ed in the New York Times...

Unfortunately, I think that the majority of the electorate will not take (or has not taken) the time to read the op-ed for themselves, thus allowing the President and his campaign to shape the narrative on what Romney's position on the bailout was...

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Facts are a stubborn thing. Undecideds usually break for the challenger. If they were comfortable with the current President they wouldn't be undecided. IMO

I thought Romney played it pretty well last night. He did what I think he set out to do. Not look like a war monger, not get into petty fights with Obama, show he knows foreign policy and made people feel comfortable with the thought of him being President.  Also stressing that we need a strong economy to be a leader in the world. 

Agreed. Spot on.

Great comment Robin on the undecideds not going for the incumbent.  That is what Dick Morris has been saying for months as well.  It makes sense.  While perhaps none of us would trust our children with Dick Morris since he lives in the middle of Washington slime, he is worth listening to.  In my opinion, he "knows where the bodies are buried".

Of course it would have been funny if Obama had yelled:  "Candy?  Get the Transcript!".  But of course while that would be funny it likely would not be helpful.

We are informed, and unfortunately, many are not, and will vote, or have voted, based on what they knew when the polls open.  That may or may not have been the truth.

I think Romney was masterful in reaching the uninformed, and the undecided.  I see his campaign as a very precise execution of a solid plan.  He knows he can't reach everyone (hence his '47% comment') so he is targeting those he CAN reach.  I think he succeeded.  I remain leaning optimistic.

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

BRING BACK #HUAC

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Jerome replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Wed Tids 7/29/20 TOP TID We're Seeing the Death Rattle of the Revolution, Not Its Birth
"I agree with much of this post.  However, the title troubles me. "This is the Death…"
Jul 30
Robin replied to Jodi180's discussion STOP THE COVID-19 TRACE ACT H.R. 6666 TELL TRUMP TO VETO IT
"EXCLUSIVE: Bill Gates Negotiated $100 Billion Contact Tracing Deal With Democratic Congressman…"
Jul 29
Robin replied to Robin's discussion White House Puts Out Statement Going After Fauci’s Credibility
"EXCLUSIVE: Bill Gates Negotiated $100 Billion Contact Tracing Deal With Democratic Congressman…"
Jul 29
Robin replied to Doug Fox's discussion Traitor's Justice
"Federal judge orders secret Ghislaine Maxwell documents to begin being unsealed A federal judge on…"
Jul 29
Robin posted a discussion

Justice Department.. Operation Legend Expanded to Cleveland, Detroit, and Milwaukee

Law and Order President!Department of Justice Office of Public Affairs FOR IMMEDIATE…See More
Jul 29
Fundamental Refounding posted discussions
Jul 29
Jodi180 replied to Jodi180's discussion STOP THE COVID-19 TRACE ACT H.R. 6666 TELL TRUMP TO VETO IT
"Family Under House Arrest After Testing Positive for COVID-19 I just recently received news of a…"
Jul 24
"VIDEO Karli Q Medium r @KarluskaP Central Casting featuring John Durham JR. ?…"
Jul 16
"Lots getting ready to come out! Antonio Sabáto Jr @AntonioSabatoJr The truth of the…"
Jul 16
Fundamental Refounding replied to Jodi180's discussion No One's Coming to Save America...We Must Save Ourselves
"America is awake! We have to make sure Trump wins or it is over. Biden gets crazier by the day.…"
Jul 16
Fundamental Refounding replied to Watchman's discussion How the man who eradicated smallpox would have handled coronavirus
"I agree with JG. This was not handled right from the start! The lockdown has had far worse…"
Jul 16
Fundamental Refounding posted a discussion

Trump Promises Announcement Next Week on Democrat-Run Cities: 'We're Going to Straighten Things Out'

(CNSNews.com) - When it comes to crime, some of America's Democrat-run cities are "out of control,"…See More
Jul 16
Robin replied to Robin's discussion White House Puts Out Statement Going After Fauci’s Credibility
"I agree Watchman! He in so deep with Gates, it's disgusting."
Jul 16
Watchman replied to Robin's discussion White House Puts Out Statement Going After Fauci’s Credibility
"I never liked Fauci from the beginning. There was something about him that rubbed me the wrong way."
Jul 12
Robin posted a discussion

White House Puts Out Statement Going After Fauci’s Credibility

The only reason Fauci was on this from the beginning is, he is head of the NIH! They had to have…See More
Jul 12
Jerseygal liked Jodi180's discussion No One's Coming to Save America...We Must Save Ourselves
Jul 12

© 2020   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service