‎Anonymous Cop.... I stopped caring today!!!! A once noble profession has become despised, hated, distrusted, and mostly unwanted.

I felt this needed to be read! I understand how they feel having spent my career around them! 

This is something real, people. This is the results we're seeing in a lot of corners of law enforcement today. Sincerely, be careful what you ask for.

‎Anonymous Cop

Today, I stopped caring about my fellow man. I stopped caring about my community, my neighbors, and those I serve.

I stopped caring today because a once noble profession has become despised, hated, distrusted, and mostly unwanted.

I stopped caring today because parents refuse to teach their kids right from wrong and blame us when they are caught breaking the law. I stopped caring today because parents tell their little kids to be good or “the police will take you away” embedding a fear from year-one. Moms hate us in their schools because we frighten them and remind them of the evil that lurks in the world. They would rather we stay unseen, but close by if needed, but readily available to “fix their kid”.

I stopped caring today because we work to keep our streets safe from mayhem in the form of reckless, drunk, high, or speeding drivers, only to be hated for it, yet hated even more because we didn't catch the drunk before he killed someone they may know. Never less, we are just another tool used by government to generate "revenue".

I stopped caring today because Liberals hate the police as we carry guns, scare kids, and take away their drugs. We always kill innocent people with unjust violence. We are called bullies for using a taser during a fight, but are condemned further for not first tasing the guy who pulls a gun on us. And if we do have to shoot, we are asked “why didn’t you just shoot the gun out of their hand?” And when one of us is killed by the countless attacks that do happen (but are rarely reported in the mainstream media) the haters say, "Its just part of the job".

I stopped caring today because Conservatives hate us as we are “the Government”. We try to take away their guns, freedoms, and liberty at every turn. We represent a “Police State” where “jackbooted-badge wearing thugs” randomly attack innocent people without cause or concern for constitutional rights. We are Waco, Ruby Ridge, and Rodney King all rolled into one lone police officer stopping to help change an old lady's tire.

I stopped caring today as no one wants us around, but instantly demands answers, results, arrests, when a crime takes place. If a crime isn't solved within the allocated 60 minutes it takes CSI on television, we are inept, incompetent, or covering something up. If we do get “lucky” it was just that and everyone with a Facebook account can post wonderful comments of how “they” would solve the case and how “we” and not nearly as clever.

I stopped caring today because a video of a cop six states away, from a department that you never heard of, screws up and forgets his oath of honor, thus firing up an internet lynch-mob of cop haters because “we all do the same things” even though 99% of us work twice as hard not to end up in the news and to still be “the good guys”. We are "militarized" because we wear body armor and kevlar helmets when shots are fired or rocks thrown at us and carry scary looking rifles even though everyone knows that they are easier to shoot and are more accurate than a handgun or a shotgun.

I stopped caring today because the culture of today’s instantly connected youth is only there to take and never give back. To never accept responsibility for ones actions, but to blame everyone else instead of themselves. To ask “what is in it for me?” versus “what can I do for you?” To idolize gangsters, thugs, sexual promiscuous behavoir, and criminals over hard work, dedication, and achievement. To argue that getting stoned should be a right, yet getting a job or an education is a hassle. To steal verus earn. To hate versus help.

Yes, I stopped caring today.

But tomorrow, I will put my uniform back on,.................... and I will care again.

Views: 224

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Excellent post.  I sent this to my email list.

Thanks, JB! I also hear this from some I have spoken to that I worked with! This is not good for the country! This administration is going after everything that has to do with our protection. Cops, Military, Border Patrol, etc.  All the things that keep us safe when we need them! To be targeted by the Attorney General will have ripple effects all across the country! Not good!  

Amen!!  The police officers I have known or have come in contact with have all been very professional and courteous.  Of course there are those who would say that's because I'm a white female.  But I'm aware of interactions with non-white and/or non-female, too.   The ONLY time I have ever known an officer to not treat someone with respect was when he was first disrespected.  And I don't mean he beat the person.  He just wasn't as polite as he had beem initially.  

If people taught their children to respect others (especially their elders and, police, etc.) this country would be a lot better off.  But we have a society that is no longer being held responsible for their actions; a society who allows bad manners and name-calling because of freedom of expression but does not also allow accountability.

Liberals accuse conservatives of wanting to take this country back to the 50's.  To be honest, in some ways I wish we could.  What's wrong with being taught good manners, respecting our elders or even our fellow man, showing admiration or at least appreciation for our armed forces, our police and fire departments?  What is so wrong with meting out punishment for bad behavior?  In the effort to advance our society (progressivism,) we're losing our core values.  That's not progressive, it's irresponsible.  And all society is paying the price especially our police officers.

Respect and manners are not taught these days. Parents don't parent! They would rather stick a kid in front of a TV or video game than actually have to be a parent! Then I hear, Oh well I work. Ok, so did both of my parents. In fact they worked hard! They STILL had time to parents. I worked shift work and I STILL was a parent! You spend time with the kids, you teach them right from wrong. You don't shove them off because you had a hard day! That's not how it works! If you don't want to be a parent, don't have kids!  Not to mention the huge number of single parent households today!   

I do not dislike police officers, I am personally acquainted with several of them.  What I do find disturbing is that many local police departments are in fact being militarized, and yes, in several instances have targeted innocent people in their own homes.  More and more often, 3AM door busting SWAT teams destroy private property, abuse innocent people of all ages, and terrorize children in their own homes.  From my understanding wrong addresses are often more commonly the cause of mistreatment of innocent law abiding taxpaying citizens.  It is also my understanding that more times than not, formal apologies, property repairs etc. are not made by police that make these mistakes.  You are right, people shouldn't have to be afraid of the police, but many officers who don the black ops uniforms and make the middle of the night raids do not have the common courtesy to apologize to their innocent victims or make reparations for the crashing in of doors and windows.  Respect for the police requires the police to also respect those folks who become victims of mistakes the police make.  I have a tough time with the "we protect" you attitude many police agencies have.  When in fact, in most cases the police show up in the nick of time to help the coroner ID the bodies the violent criminals have left in their wake.  Rarely, can one credit the local police from actually preventing a violent crime from occurring.  Respect should be a two way street.  No one should be falsely abused or harassed, just as no police officer should be assumed guilty and have to prove his/her innocence.  All Americans are supposed to be equal under the law, many times they are not, and I do know of police officers that sport the attitude that they are somehow above the law.  

I've had more than my share of police contact when my son was young and in trouble.  Some were decent and caring....some were a-holes.

When I was a young adult, I dated a deputy for several years.  I heard the off-duty talk.  Many times, I found it disturbing.  I know they can face danger every day, but I also know that over time, they become hardened.  They've seen the worst of the worst and begin to lump people into groups.

Over the years I've learned this.  Be respectful, but know your rights.

Jodi, I was married to a cop. I totally get what is meant by 'attitude.' Most are not above throwing their weight around when it isn't called for, but that respect thing IS a two way street. Not all mischievous youth are bored homicidal thugs, and not all cops have over inflated self-superiority issues.

Hardened over time, Yes! Seen the worst of the worst, absoultely! I've seen the worst of the worst and I was only their dispatcher. I've been spit at, cussed at, had things throw at me, had women pull their pants down in front of me and tell me what I could do, been called all kinds of names. You name it! And all that while I was IN the station! I could go on but I won't!  Respect them and they will respect you!  And, I agree, know your rights! You are totally right, Jodi! 

Agree and agree, ladies!

Doing the impossible for the ungrateful.

Wow, fedup, I know that to be true in so many cases! Good to see you, by the way!

excellent

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

BRING BACK #HUAC

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

kwicgov55 replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"Thanks for the information Duke. Your post is the first notification that I have received from FR…"
Jun 14
Duke posted a status
"Look at "Nuremberg 2.0 friends, on you tube."
Jun 13
Duke replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"The big "SCAM", it's all been a lie.  Please check out "Nuremberg…"
Jun 13
"I believe you are right Watchman. I also think that the presidential election isn't the only…"
Jun 7
"I've wondered the same thing Watchman. I haven't had any notifications from FR in months.…"
Jun 7
Jodi180 replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"Wow...that sounds like a horrible winter!  Good to hear your getting mobile and feeling…"
Jun 2
Ruthann replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"Hi Jodi, I was sick most of the winter passing out & dizzy. Nothing worst then regaining…"
Jun 1
"Hi Ruthann...good to see you back here.  Yep, think it's high time to regroup!"
Jun 1
Ruthann posted discussions
May 27
Ruthann replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"I check in from time to time but there never seems to be anyone here.  HELLO! IS ANYONE STILL…"
May 26
"I agree.  We need a movement like 2009. According to the talking heads, cRATS can expect a…"
May 8
Watchman replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"I think we have a good idea how it happened, and it was executed brilliantly. They used Covid as…"
May 7
kwicgov55 liked Jodi180's discussion "Why Vaccine Passports Equal Slavery Forever"
May 5
Jodi180 posted a discussion

"Why Vaccine Passports Equal Slavery Forever"

Um...anyone else unnerved by this vid?According to Dr. Wolf...this will probably get me on a list.See More
May 3
"Still trying to understand how this happened? I think we're shell-shocked, Watchman."
May 3
Watchman posted a discussion

Where is everyone?

It's been really quiet since the phony inauguration on Jan 20th. Where is everyone?See More
May 2

© 2021   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service