An Interactive Timeline of Islamist Terror Plots Since 9/11

Terror Plots In United States Since 9/11

This page is The Heritage Foundation’s compilation of all Islamist terror plots and attacks against the U.S. homeland since 9/11 according to publicly available records. The list does not include activities that are merely linked to terrorism, such as traveling abroad to join a terrorist organization, but each plot requires some threat directed at the U.S. homeland. Additionally, the primary motivation of the terror plot or attack must be a radical Islamist ideology, which supports the use of violence as a means to achieve the long-run objective of imposing Islamic law, i.e., sharia. As this timeline makes clear, the threat of Islamist terror remains real and the U.S. must remain dedicated to defeating terrorism at home and abroad.

http://dailysignal.com/2015/09/10/a-timeline-of-73-islamist-terror-...

The Heritage Foundation tracks Islamist terror plots and attacks since 9/11 and as the 14th anniversary of that fateful day approaches, it is important for Congress and the American people grasp the continuing threat of terrorism. To that end, Heritage has produced an interactive timeline for each Islamist terror plot against the U.S. homeland. As the number of terror plots has grown past 70, depicting the plots on a traditional timeline has also become increasingly cumbersome. Instead, this interactive timeline provides a succinct summary for each plot, supplementary media, and additional resources for further reading. This new timeline will be updated after each future plot or attack and existing content updated on a periodic basis.

As depicted by this timeline, the threat of terrorism is not receding. Congress should maintain a proactive approach to combatting terrorism, ensuring that law enforcement and intelligence organizations have access to legitimate investigative and surveillance tools. The need for effective counterterrorism operations, though, does not relieve the government of its obligation to follow the law and respect individual privacy and liberty. In the American system, the government must do both equally well. The U.S. should also support stronger action against Islamist terrorist groups abroad to combat those forces radicalizing individuals to attack the U.S.

Views: 72

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Adding to this, all of the open ISIS investigation cases we have in all 50 states. We need more manpower. Thank goodness for that Executive Order by Trump.

McCaul: ISIS Investigations Open in All 50 States

Image: McCaul: ISIS Investigations Open in All 50 States
"We've arrested over 70 ISIS followers in the United States over the last year," the Texas Republican told Fox News' "Fox and Friends" program. "We have active investigations in all 50 states and over 900 active cases against potential ISIS followers."

And while there is not a specific threat, said McCaul, he takes all leads seriously, saying there has been some Iraqi intelligence in which threats against the U.S. and Europe were discussed.  

Tweeted out Robin.

Thanks, Kwic. 

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

BRING BACK #HUAC

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

kwicgov55 replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"I believe you are right Watchman. I also think that the presidential election isn't the only…"
Monday
kwicgov55 replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"I've wondered the same thing Watchman. I haven't had any notifications from FR in months.…"
Monday
Jodi180 replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"Wow...that sounds like a horrible winter!  Good to hear your getting mobile and feeling…"
Jun 2
Ruthann replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"Hi Jodi, I was sick most of the winter passing out & dizzy. Nothing worst then regaining…"
Jun 1
"Hi Ruthann...good to see you back here.  Yep, think it's high time to regroup!"
Jun 1
Ruthann posted discussions
May 27
Ruthann replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"I check in from time to time but there never seems to be anyone here.  HELLO! IS ANYONE STILL…"
May 26
"I agree.  We need a movement like 2009. According to the talking heads, cRATS can expect a…"
May 8
Watchman replied to Watchman's discussion Where is everyone?
"I think we have a good idea how it happened, and it was executed brilliantly. They used Covid as…"
May 7
kwicgov55 liked Jodi180's discussion "Why Vaccine Passports Equal Slavery Forever"
May 5
Jodi180 posted a discussion

"Why Vaccine Passports Equal Slavery Forever"

Um...anyone else unnerved by this vid?According to Dr. Wolf...this will probably get me on a list.See More
May 3
"Still trying to understand how this happened? I think we're shell-shocked, Watchman."
May 3
Watchman posted a discussion

Where is everyone?

It's been really quiet since the phony inauguration on Jan 20th. Where is everyone?See More
May 2
Watchman replied to Watchman's discussion Massive military presence in D.C.
"FYI there is still a military presence in D.C. complete with barbed wire fence. The question is…"
Feb 21
Jodi180 replied to Jodi180's discussion Stolen Election? If So, Can It Be "Unstolen"?
"I believe this shows that We The Conservatives have truly lost our vote.  We, most likely,…"
Feb 6
Patriot2Opine replied to Ruthann's discussion The Unsinkable Ship Titanic AMERICA is Sinking!
"So true. Hypocrisy, lies, open hostility and where does it take us? Just a little historical note…"
Jan 21

© 2021   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service