Warning: This list may not be complete.
Lies During the Sixth Year
1. “We’ve got close to 7 million Americans who have access to health care for the first time because of Medicaid expansion.”
2. (IRS)“Not even smidgen of corruption”
3. “Keystone pipeline would mean maybe 2,000 jobs”
Lies During the Fifth Year
1. “We have doubled the distance our cars will go on a gallon of gas.”
2. “If you like your health insurance plan, you can keep it”
3. “The NSA is not abusing its power”
4. “I said Benghazi was a terrorist attack from the beginning.”
5. “the foreign intelligence Surveillance court is transparent.”
6. “First of all, I didn’t set a red line,” said Obama. “The world set a red line.”
Lies During Fourth Year
1. “The sequester is not something that I’ve proposed. It is something that Congress has proposed.”
2. “Mitt Romney raised nursing home fees eight times.”
3. “Mitt Romney called the Arizona law a model for the nation.”
4. “Planned Parenthood provides mammograms”
5. “We got back every dime we used to rescue the financial system”
6. Benghazi violence was caused by an internet video & demonstrations
7. “Mitt Romney Plans to fire Big Bird”
8. “Under Gov. Romney’s definition … Donald Trump is a small business.”
9. Because of Obamacare, “over the last two years, health care premiums have gone up — it’s true — but they’ve gone up slower than any time in the last 50 years.”
10. “I think it’s important for us to understand that the Fast and Furious program was a field-initiated program begun under the previous administration”
11. Romney and Ryan will gut pell grants for low-income college students.
12. My budget will cut the deficit by $4 Trillion over 10 years.
13. “I am told that Governor Romney’s new running mate, Paul Ryan, might be around Iowa the next few days,” he said while in Council Bluffs, Iowa. “He is one of the leaders of Congress standing in the way. So if you happen to see Congressman Ryan, tell him how important this farm bill is to Iowa and our rural communities.”
14. The American automobile industry has come roaring back…So now I want to say what we did with the auto industry, we can do it in manufacturing across America. Let’s make sure advanced, high-tech manufacturing jobs take root here, not in China. And that means supporting investment here. Governor Romney … invested in companies that were called ‘pioneers’ of outsourcing. I don’t want to outsource. I want to insource.
15. “You Didn’t Build that”
Lies During Third Year
1. I will walk on that picket line with you, if workers are denied the right to bargain.
2. In his 2012 State of the Union Address, President Obama said that American oil production is the highest that it’s been in eight years.
3. I’ve done more for Israel’s security than any President ever
4. Virtually every Senate Republican voted against the tax cut last week
5. “Every idea that we’ve put forward are ones that traditionally have been supported by Democrats and Republicans alike.”
6. Obama met highly qualified out of work teacher Robert Baroz
7. GOP Responsible for Obama Jobs Bill Not Passing
8. You have 80 percent of the American people who support a balanced approach. Eighty percent of the American people support an approach that includes revenues and includes cuts. So the notion that somehow the American people aren’t sold is not the problem
9. These are obligations that the United States has taken on in the past. Congress has run up the credit card, and we now have an obligation to pay our bills.
10. Then you’ve got their(GOP)which is dirtier air, dirtier water, less people with health insurance
11. I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven’t resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it.
12. USA producing more oil than ever before
13. Fence between US and Mexico is “Practically Complete”
14. Rich doesn’t pay their fair share.
15. Mitt Romney would deny gay people the right to adopt children.
Lies During Second Year
1. Obama claimed the SCOTUS decision in Citizens United v. FEC, “open[ed] the floodgates for special interests — including foreign corporations — to spend without limit in our elections.
2. No signing statements to nullify or undermine congressional instructions as enacted into law
3. Reform will also rein in the abuse and excess that nearly brought down our financial system. It will finally bring transparency to the kinds of complex, risky transactions that helped trigger the financial crisis.
4. All Americans WILL BE were, “surprised, disappointed and angry” about lockerbie bomber
5. I will not rest until the BP Oil Spill stops
6. The health care bill will not increase the deficit by one dime.
7. If you like the health care plan you have you can keep it
8. “Under our plan, no federal dollars will be used to fund abortions, and federal conscience laws will remain in place.”
9. ObamaCare Fee is not a new tax
10. We have run out of places in the US to drill for oil.
11. Now suddenly if you don’t have your papers and you took your kid out to get ice cream, you can be harassed, that’s something that could potentially happen.
12. Doctors choose amputation because they get better compensation. Greedy Doctors taking out tonsils for more money.
13. The Health Care Package will pay for itself
14. Republicans don’t have a single idea that’s different from George Bush’s ideas — not one.
15. We shouldn’t Mandate the purchase of health care
Lies During First Year
1. We began by passing a Recovery Act that has already saved or created over 150,000 jobs.” – caught cooking the books and now changed to ‘jobs supported’ versus ‘created/saved’
2. Number one, we inherited a $1.3 trillion deficit. … That wasn’t me.” – Congress, under Democratic control in 2007 and 2008, controlled the purse strings that led to the deficit Obama inherited.Obama supported the emergency bailout package in Bush’s final months — a package Democratic leaders wanted to make bigger.
3. I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
4. Cut Deficit in Half by end of first term
5. Health Care deals will be covered on C-span
6. As President I will recognize the Armenian Genocide
7. Recovery Act will save or create jobs
8. Unemployment rate will be 8.5% without stimulus.
9. No Earmarks in the $787 Billion Stimulus
10. I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care plan
11. We have launched a housing plan that will help responsible families facing the threat of foreclosure lower their monthly payments and refinance their mortgages.
12. I am not somebody who promotes same-sex marriage.
13. Guantanamo bay to be closed within a year
14. Won’t Raise taxes on those making less than 250,000 per year.
2008 Campaign Lies
1. Bypassing congress unconstitutional; I intend to reverse when I am president
2. I will walk the picket line with you, if workers are denied the right to bargain
3. No more wiretapping of citizen
4. Mr. Ayers as “a guy who lives in my neighborhood,” but “not somebody who I exchange ideas from on a regular basis.
5. I had a uncle who was one of the, who was part of the first American troops to go into Auschwitz and liberate the concentration camps
6. Obama campaign would accept public funding
7. Minimum Wage will increase to $9.50/hr
8. Ann Dunham spent the months before her death in 1995 fighting with insurance companies that sought to deny her the coverage she needed to pay for treatment.
9. Didn’t know Jeremiah Wright was Radical
10. Would have the most transparent administration in History
11. We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way
12. I have visited all 57 states.
13. I’ll get rid of earmarks
14. When a bill lands on my Desk, The American people will have 5 days to review it before I sign it.
15. My father served in World War II
16. Have troops out of Iraq by March 31, 2009
17. Seniors Making less than 50,000 will not have to pay taxes
18. Would not vote for any bill supporting troop funding without a firm withdrawal commitment from the Bush Administration.
19. Present Votes Are Common In Illinois
20. I won Michigan
21. I won Nevada
22. I don’t Have Lobbyists
23. My Campaign Had Nothing To Do With The 1984 Ad
24. I Have Always Been Against Iraq
25. My Wife Didn’t Mean What She Said About Pride In Country
26. Barack was never an ACORN trainer and never worked for ACORN in any other capacity.
27. I Barely Know Rezko
28. My Church Is Like Any Other Christian Church