White House Lawyers Actively Reviewing Documents For Declassification

About Time!

President Donald Trump is insistent on releasing FBI and DOJ documents related to surveillance of campaign advisers, but he has received pushback from White House lawyers, according to multiple sources.
House Republicans have pressed Trump to release the documents.
Congressional sources say they expect Trump to release the records, but they have tempered their expectations on when they will be made public.
White House lawyers are actively reviewing controversial FBI and Department of Justice documents relating to the 2016 presidential campaign for possible declassification, multiple sources with knowledge tell The Daily Caller News Foundation.

The review process is being led by Emmet Flood of the White House Counsel’s office at the urging of an insistent president, two sources with knowledge of the process told TheDCNF. A source close to the president noted that Flood and his colleagues within the counsel’s office are generally opposed to declassification, out of the concern for the precedent it would set as well as any unintended consequences of making the information public.

Sources cautioned that declassification could occur as soon as this week, though the uncertainty reflects the nature of the review process itself.

The White House did not respond to a request for comment. White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders demurred on declassification in a Monday briefing saying, “I can’t get into that right now.”

https://dailycaller.com/2018/09/11/white-house-lawyers-declassifica...

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They probably won't be released until the complaints about the hurricane response get really nasty -- which they will.

I believe they have already finished going over all the documents and they would have come out this week if not for the hurricane. Once the hurricane leaves the news cycle, I think we will see the release.

Devin Nunes Warns Democrats And Media They Won’t Like Declassified Info On Russia And Spy Warrants

Devin Nunes knows a lot more than the average person in Congress when it comes to the Russia investigation. He is an ally of Trump and he has been pushing for Trump to declassify documents related to the FISA warrants that led to investigations of the dossier and Russia.

Nunes is now warning Democrats and the media that they won’t like what they see.

The Daily Caller reports: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/09/devin-nunes-warns-democrat...

I can understand the White House lawyers balking at the release.  Although I believe release is imperative and should happen, I also know that the release of these FBI and DOJ documents will most certainly open the Pandora's Box.  Illegal spying on American citizens, deceitful requests for FISA warrants, crooked judges and diabolical attempts to control everything and everyone through coercion, by those who are supposed to enforce the law, uphold the Constitution, it'll come out, and lawyers and appointed bureaucrats have every reason to oppose their own exposure.  America's justice system for many, many years has been a house of cards, built on a shaky foundation.  The Justice Department, FBI, CIA, and NSA have been protected from scrutiny for a long time.  The truth is something that these folks forgot the meaning of many years and many tears ago.  Once President Trump lets the cats out of the bag, the ramifications will be far reaching.  The only chance that the DOJ crooks have is for the Leftist Democrats to win in the mid-terms, and subsequently quash the whole thing.  We conservatives can not and should not all Leftists to once again gain congressional control.  I pray that conservatives in every state are paying attention to these mid-terms and will vote, like never before.  We finally have a good, bold and America loving President, he needs the support from those who placed him in office!

It just gets curiouser and curiouser, doesn't it? 

I believe with how bad things are now between the left and the right, and, how much corruption we have already seen come out since Trump was elected, it is, as you say, imperative that everything come out for the American people to see. I feel the survival of our republic depends on it. We can no longer trust our government at all, especially our law enforcement departments in the Federal government. The top brass holdovers at the FBI, CIA, NSA, etc. NOT the rank and file!  It puts us all in danger. Coming from a law enforcement background for my employment, all of this has really shaken me to my core. It sickens me and makes me quite angry.

It sure does get stranger by the day, Jerome.

I don't believe anything with be released,until the guilty have passed away. Our system in Washington has many broken links.My reason is that most conservative will not protest against our enemies in Congress. The liberals on other hand will protest their own protest. Until we the conservatives decide we have had enough and are willing to stand up in big numbers,nothing will be done. Almost 2 years and nothing has happen.

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

BRING BACK #HUAC

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

NativeCollector commented on Jodi180's blog post Community "Awards"
"Those services are would Ben paid with tax dollars.  What is the benefit, in the end, besides…"
10 hours ago
Robin replied to Robin's discussion UPDATES on Accuser.......Brett Kavanaugh vows to ‘keep an open mind in every case,’ after chaotic confirmation hearing day
"Big giant pack of lies! Kavanaugh Accuser's Classmate Deletes Claim that Everyone Knew of…"
10 hours ago
Robin replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion James O’Keefe Releases 1st Undercover video — DEEP STATE SHOULD BE WORRIED!
"State Department Responds to New Project Veritas ‘Deep State Unmasked’ Video A…"
10 hours ago
Robin replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion TRUMP ORDERS DECLASSIFICATION OF DOJ, FBI DOCUMENTS
"These people are evil. What makes me happy is they are scared to death! Brennan: FBI Has…"
11 hours ago
NativeCollector liked Jodi180's blog post Community "Awards"
11 hours ago
Robin replied to Doug Fox's discussion Intelligence Community White Hats
11 hours ago
JeansBrother commented on Jodi180's blog post Community "Awards"
"Mr Mayor, how did you break your arm? I was patting myself on the back!"
11 hours ago
Doug Fox liked Doug Fox's discussion Intelligence Community White Hats
11 hours ago
Robin commented on Jodi180's blog post Community "Awards"
"Wow, Jodi. Isn't it sad that there never is truth in anything having to do with government, be…"
11 hours ago
Robin liked Jodi180's blog post Community "Awards"
11 hours ago
Robin replied to Doug Fox's discussion Intelligence Community White Hats
11 hours ago
Robin replied to Jodi180's discussion Peter Stzrok: 'This is horribly wrong'
"I know, right? LOL"
12 hours ago
Robin replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion James O’Keefe Releases 1st Undercover video — DEEP STATE SHOULD BE WORRIED!
"DOJ looking into 'concerning' behavior by employee in Project Veritas…"
12 hours ago
"James O'Keefe Video number 2 Deep State Unmasked: Leaks at HHS; DOJ Official Resists…"
12 hours ago
Jodi180 posted a blog post

Community "Awards"

Some fun facts:In last month’s newsletter, our mayor wrote about some ‘exciting news’.  The…See More
15 hours ago
Jodi180 replied to Jodi180's discussion Peter Stzrok: 'This is horribly wrong'
"Too good NOT to share!"
18 hours ago

TRAFFIC

© 2018   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service