Waxman: Obama Should Regulate Oil Refineries, Household Appliances to Stop Global Warming

Cap & Trade via Executive Orders! Here it comes! They just can't stay out of our lives!

(CNSNews.com) – Representative Henry Waxman (D-Calif.) said the Obama administration should regulate oil refineries, household appliances, and even renegotiate climate treaties if Congress does not pass legislation dealing with global warming.

“The president will be taking action by executive order through his administration,” Waxman said at a press conference on Friday unveiling his Safe Climate Caucus, which will work to pressure House Republicans to take up a climate change initiative.

Waxman, who said that Obama’s executive actions would also pressure the GOP, explained that there were several things the administration might do to address global warming.

“We’ve asked the White House to coordinate their activities throughout the various departments and the various areas within the administration,” Waxman explained. “The EPA [Environmental Protection Agency] can do a lot more. They’ve proposed regulating new power plants to control emissions, they can go forward and complete that rule."

“They [EPA] can adopt a rule for existing power plants to reduce emissions. They can also look to oil refineries to do more,” he said. “The Department of Energy can move forward on greater energy efficiency, particularly with appliances – which brings not just a reduction in emissions but a reduction in costs for the consumer.”

“The State Department can do a lot by re-negotiating the Montreal Protocol that dealt with the upper ozone layer but as you see eliminating HFCs [Hydroflourocarbons] can eliminate something that is also adding to climate change,” said Waxman.

The Montreal Protocol is a 1989 treaty that commits countries to reducing and eventually eliminating certain gasses that deplete the ozone layer.

Waxman said there were “other” things that the administration could do in addition to regulating power plants, oil refineries, and household appliances.

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said Thursday there was not much of anything Obama could actually do because any action he took would have to pass through Congress.

“I don’t know what actions the president thinks he can take,” Boehner said. “He may attempt to do this, but I’m not sure how much he can really do.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/waxman-obama-should-regulate-oil-re...

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It doesn't surprize me in the least. What can we do?  This president gets everything he wants.

The only thing we can do is keep making noise, contacting our representatives by either phone calls to their offices, emailing them, or tweeting to them directly! I do it daily! They can't shut me up. :)

Waxman should be unemployed.  He has always been a goofball.

Ok, I have to say this...because I just have to.  The man resembles a big rat.  Sorry!

I agree with you Robin, he is a rat. Don't be sorry.

When I think of Waxman, I think of Porky Pig and his famous Loony Tunes sign off:

"....that's all folks!" 

I love you comment Hobbes. Great one. I remember porky pig. Porky pig is a lovable pig. ...that's all folks.

LOL!  

In cartoons they like to portray ethical dilemmas by showing a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other.  Waxman is the "devil" Porky Pig. Pitchfork and all!

So true so true. You make great comments Hobbes.

Another HACK from Taxifornia...Waters, Pilosi, Waxman....the three stooges, and the scary thing is the folks that vote for them...the last one out of there, bring the flag with you....

There of course many issues with this.  It is like farting in an elevator - it is wrong on so many levels.

First of all, no one has ever proved global warming.  It is not science.  Science rigors say you prove all premises all issues before a theory becomes a fact.  I know of at least four issues with CO2 causing global warming that no one is answering - since the politicians - who clearly break the major laws of science - say that the discussion is closed.

But then there is also the issue that before Obama the US was at least mostly the Land of the Free.  Now it has become "the land of the anal retentive wanna be dictators and their unwilling serfs".

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

BRING BACK #HUAC

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Watchman replied to Jerseygal's discussion Republicans, Remember 1998
"A couple of thoughts... One of the reasons why there was such a red wave in Florida, and one that…"
Nov 28, 2022
Jerseygal replied to Jerseygal's discussion Republicans, Remember 1998
"This is bit of a history lesson.  It’s worth noting that Trump was not the…"
Nov 9, 2022
Jerseygal posted a discussion
Nov 9, 2022
Jodi180 replied to Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
"No doubt!  Why weren't Republicans telling us about this?? "
Nov 8, 2022
kwicgov55 replied to Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
"Very good article Jodi. I did not know the control dems had over republicans when it came to voter…"
Nov 8, 2022
kwicgov55 liked Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
Nov 8, 2022
Jerseygal replied to Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
"Excellent piece, Jodi!  There was a lot of info in there I didn’t know. It’s a…"
Nov 7, 2022
Jerseygal liked Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
Nov 7, 2022
NativeCollector liked Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
Nov 7, 2022
Jodi180 posted a discussion

Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument

I read this article today by Mollie Hemingway at The Federalist.And after reading it, I…See More
Nov 4, 2022
NativeCollector liked Duke's discussion To all Californians, check this out.
Oct 1, 2022
Duke posted a discussion
Sep 23, 2022
Jerseygal replied to Duke's discussion Hitler reincarnated
"I agree, Duke!  That’s a disgusting speech!!!!  We ALL need to vote Republicans and…"
Sep 4, 2022
NativeCollector liked Duke's discussion Hitler reincarnated
Sep 3, 2022
Jerseygal liked Duke's discussion Hitler reincarnated
Sep 3, 2022
Jerseygal liked Jodi180's discussion Somebody Be In The Way!
Sep 3, 2022

© 2023   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service