Two Years Later, IRS Locates 6,924 Documents Related to Tea Party Targeting

The Internal Revenue Service has located6,924 documents potentially related to the targeting of Tea Party conservatives, two years after the group Judicial Watch filed a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit for them.

The watchdog group intended to find records regarding how the IRS selected individuals and organizations for audits that were requesting nonprofit tax status.

The agency will not say when it will make the documents available to the public.

"At this time, the Service is unable to provide an estimate regarding when it will complete its review of the potentially responsive documents," the agency said. "The Service will begin producing any non-exempt, responsive documents by March 10, 2017, and, if necessary, continue to produce non-responsive records on a bi-weekly basis."

Tom Fitton, president of Judicial Watch, is calling on President Trump to clean house at the agency.

"The corruption at the IRS is astounding," Fitton said in a statement. "Our attorneys knew that there were more records to be searched but the Obama IRS ignored this issue for years. President Trump needs to clean house at the IRS as quickly as possible."

http://freebeacon.com/issues/two-years-later-irs-locates-6924-docum...

Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Republicans will either drain the swap, or be guilty of being part of that corruption.

Let me say here and now, I am totally enraged over what is happening with this healthcare bill that Paul Ryan is now trying to shove down our throats, along with the help of the establishment Republicans and the President! 

That makes two of us Robin.

Just when I thought we would all get some relief too! Fat chance. 

While I am grateful that we have insurance through my husbands job, he and I are having to jump through hoops to keep the premiums from rising.

This year, we have to not only do the 3 wellness checks apiece, we have to go to a website supported by his company, and sign up for one of their life changing, well being challenges, such as our diet, or if we exercise, etc. We have to do each of these things, and as a result, we will receive points. We have to have garner 1000 points, or the premiums will increase.

I feel like I am living under a dictatorship!

Oh my goodness, Kwic! Horrible.

This may be the reason my BC/BS called today talking about some wellness nonsense.  He stated asking me questions and I flat out told him that I DO NOT answer questions over the phone, and that I was busy and if he wanted me to answer anything send it to me in the mail because how do I know he is who he says he is and that he is actually calling from BC/BS. 

I will NOT comply with this stuff. Period! 

There are so many scams out there today, that not answering questions over the phone is a good idea.

Since ocare has been in place, up until this year, my husband and I had to connect to a program at webmd, and answer questions about our health. We were required to do that by his employer, or face higher insurance premiums. Now we have new hoops to leap through. I am sick of the governments involvement in our healthcare!

It is getting worse by the day with what you are telling me. The government needs to get OUT of healthcare, period! I am so sick of this crap, Kwic. 

Wow, that's insane, kwic!   My premiums have increased steadily, and so has my copay per visit, and my deductibles.   It is so much, that while I have insurance, it drains the checkbook every time I use it.  I'm sure there are many in my situation, as most of my coworkers say the same.  We avoid routine tests because the cost on top the premiums is so prohibitive.  So far, we haven't been subjected to stuff you describe!

I'm really upset that repeal and replace taking so long.  It should have been ready to go in a few days, the way Republicans talked for the last four years!

I wish they would just go back to free markets and only do something for the poor. Get the heck out of HC totally. This years taxes I put 17 grand out of pocket. I have NEVER had to put that much out of pocket! Ever! 

It is tough for all of us JG. We rarely went to the Dr. before, but now we are forced to.

I just paid over $500.00 dollars for a new eyeglass prescription. Paid $377. out of pocket at the Dr. office, then received a statement for $200 from the Dr office a few weeks later. That's when I found out that insurance wouldn't pay for part of my Dr. exam & prescription, and that I had paid $200 more for eye glasses than I expected to.

The reason that I received for insurance not paying, is that I had to wait 24 months in between new eyeglass prescriptions. The Eye Dr wasn't aware of this, nor was I. I am going to have to find a new eye Dr with cheaper rates.

We do now need a new hc plan, we need a free market.

OMG Kwic! Like we all just have an extra 500 bucks just laying around. The horror stores just get worse and worse. So sorry you are going through this, my friend. :(

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

AGENDA 21/2030

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Robin replied to Robin's discussion Dems fall in line on single-payer, as Sanders prepares to launch Medicare-for-all 'campaign'
"Ut Ohhh Bernie!  FLASHBACK: Bernie Sanders Says Medicaid-For-All Would Bankrupt America Ah,…"
Sep 14
Robin replied to Robin's discussion Dems fall in line on single-payer, as Sanders prepares to launch Medicare-for-all 'campaign'
"Yes! That is exactly the Congress I mean. "
Sep 14
Rick replied to Rick's discussion North Korea fires another missile at Japan & into the Pacific, less than 2 weeks after nuclear bomb test
"Japanese official says the country's govt will take appropriate response to North Korea firing…"
Sep 14
Rick posted a discussion

North Korea fires another missile at Japan & into the Pacific, less than 2 weeks after nuclear bomb test

North Korea reportedly fired another missile, less than two weeks after its …See More
Sep 14

TRAFFIC

© 2017   Fundamental Refounding.  

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service