Trump threatens to primary any conservative who opposes health care replacement bill

I can't even explain how ANGRY I am right now! What in the hell are they doing? The house conservatives are RIGHT and this bill is just like Obamacare. Say hello to single payer people! 

Report: Trump threatens to primary any conservative who opposes health care replacement bill WASHINGTON, DC - MARCH 07: U.S. President Donald Trump speaks during a meeting with the House Deputy Whip team at the East Room of the White House March 7, 2017 in Washington, DC. President Trump met with the House Deputy Whip team to discuss the new House Republican Healthcare Bill. (Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images) 

President Donald Trump is threatening to support primary candidates of any Republican congressman who doesn’t sign off on the GOP’s health care replacement plan.

According to the Washington Examiner, Trump made the threat earlier this week during a meeting with House Majority Whip Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.) and other GOP whips who are responsible for ensuring the GOP’s health care replacement plan receives the 218 votes it needs to pass in the House of Representatives.

So far, most House conservatives have come out to oppose the reform bill, including the 29-member House Freedom Caucus, which is led by Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.). Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), the founding member of the caucus, has been outspoken in his opposition to the reform bill.

Jordan told CNN Thursday that House conservatives “want to help the President do what we told the voters we were going to do. We told them we would repeal Obamacare.”

“This bill that the House leadership has brought forward is not that,” Jordan said. “It says we’re going to repeal Obamacare, but we’re going to keep Medicaid expansion and we’re going to extend it. It says we’re going to repeal Obamacare, but we’re going to keep some of the tax increases. That’s not what we told the voters we were going to do. Let’s repeal it, let’s repeal it all.”

“Let’s do the right thing and let’s put together the right kind of legislation that accomplishes what we all told the voters we were going to do,” Jordan explained in that interview.

Louie Gohmert (R-Texas), another top House conservative, explained on “Fox and Friends Weekend” Saturday that if Trump would listen to the concerns of House conservatives then he would understand that the GOP health care replacement plan is not good and simply just a watered down version of Obamacare.

Still, some of the most vulnerable congressman could be those from districts that Trump easily won last year, including Meadows’ western N.C. district.

More from the Examiner:

If negotiations don’t reach fruition as the bill readies for a floor vote, Republican insiders said, watch Trump’s tweets and travel schedule for signs that he’s dispensed with the carrots and brought out the stick to try to get wayward members on board.

Party insiders say the president at that point could choose to make an example of one or two resistant Republicans to send a message.

In addition to the threats to congressmen, Trump met with a group of conservative organizations on Wednesday — Heritage Foundation, Club for Growth, Tea Party Patriots, FreedomWorks and Americans for Prosperity — and scolded them for being critical of the health care reform bill, which they have labeled “Obamacare Lite.”

Those organizations argue that the GOP’s replacement plan doesn’t go far enough in unwinding Obamacare, nor does it implement a market-based solution, something Trump promised on the campaign trail last year.

Trump is slated to host an event in Nashville next week to begin selling the health care reform bill to Americans.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/03/11/report-trump-threatens-to-p...

Views: 84

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Robin. I followed her and I have been sharing her tweets. Ryan and all like him are doing nothing for their constituents, but much for the lobbyist padding their pockets.

She is awesome. I just love her. Exactly right on Ryan and the rest. 

I can certainly understand the GOP's resistance to this new Obama Care replacement bill, if one can truly call it that.  I am concerned about how many replacement bills the GOP has produced over the past 8 years, you know the ones that were tabled for one reason or another?  So far, at least in the past 6 years, I haven't seen a GOP drafted replacement bill, not even Rand Paul's bill, you know, the one he says everyone in the GOP favors.  Perhaps it's time Rand Paul put his replacement bill out there where we the people can decide which is better, the new American Healthcare Bill, or the mystery Rand Paul bill.  I'm like everyone who voted for Donald Trump, I want Obama Care completely gone, erased and placed in the circular file.  Any bill that looks like an entitlement bill except for those who are incapable of paying the lowest premium, should not pass muster.  I would much rather wait to see if another more Conservative bill can be hammered together prior to voting something in simply for expedience sake.  

Caution!  I know everyone wants a bill that frees up insurance companies to exercise free market cross state lines capabilities, but there needs to be some serious thought given to oversight of insurance companies.  In my past 68 years, I've never met an honest, compassionate insurance company.  I've also seen insurance companies collude to make insurance premiums pretty even, then slowly raise the premiums in order to make higher profits.  Why do you think your automobile insurance works out to be nearly the same regardless of the company you choose?  The same thing, can and will happen to healthcare insurance premiums, if guidelines and restrictions aren't implemented with cross state lines freedom.  As things are, this Ryan Care bill falls short of what was promised and it doesn't appear ready for implementation as it is.  I urge a back to the drawing board until a reasonable bill is presented to the people.  Keep in mind however, healthcare is never going to be cheap.     

Another Doctor I follow!  Listen.... Dr. David Janda

Cold Hard Truth About RhinoCare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmNd2bywW9U&feature=youtu.be

Rand Paul says Senate conservatives "not going to vote for" new health bill

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/rand-paul-says-senate-conservatives-n...

More from Dr. Held

1. 7.$20K penalty to entity for each individual or claim made to Medicaid for individual so did not meet income threshold on or after 10/1/17

2. 6.incentivizes states to means test individuals for Medicaid eligibility q 6 months.

3. 5.Caps fed contribution to state at $2B times ratio of states pop below138% 2015 poverty level to sum of pops for all nonexpansion states.

4. 4th good thing so far- Ryan's plan sunsets essential health benefits requirement

5. 3good things so far:no fed direct $ for abortion/planned parenthood,Medicaid expansion ends 12/31/19,must b citizen/have SS# to get Medicaid

6. Ryan's plan ends amedicaid expansion from 100% poverty to 133% on 12/31/19(Obamacare started it 1/1/14)

1. Sad that there's no mention of cost transparency,getting rid of perverse 3rd-party billing practice,charge master,tax disparity in GOP plan

2. TitleXXII Patient and State Stability fund-new program established for 1/1/18-12/31/26-to transition out of Obamacare.States will get fed$

3. 8.sec 1402 of Obamacare is repealed-cost sharing subsidy to ins cos would end 12/31/19.

4. The $20K penalty applies to any person,org,agency,entity-excluding beneficiary

Let Trump threaten them. I will vote for anyone that he is against.Trump will just help new people get elected, removing the rino's from their positions.

I thought that I may have been wrong about Trump, but then he starts acting like a dictator, and trying to force any who disagree with his rino's into submission, makes him Obama 2.0!

Trump is for single payer, so that he supports the rino bill that will continue to hurt those of us that are middle class, while allowing the rich elitist that he belongs to, to continue to prosper, then he will be one term only.

CAUTION!!!  Do not believe the things you read from the Washington Examiner, anymore than any other news paper.  So far this is the only place I've read with the accusation regarding threats to GOP candidates who don't vote for this plan.  Be careful, be very careful.  Trump is meeting with the "bill's" opposition congressional representatives on Tuesday this week to hash over and negotiate.  According to a representative Jim Jordan (R) Ohio, who opposes this bill.  He confirmed that this meeting will be held, and that President Trump assures them he is open, and nothing is yet etched in stone.  I'm not quite ready to toss Trump under the bus because some hack from the Washington Examiner wrote what may well have been an embellished article in order to cause chaos and questioning of our new President.   

Thanks for checking, Jerome. I pray this is the case. I know if they go with it the way Ryan has put it forward, the conservatives in the Senate will NOT go for it. Cautiously watching all of this play out. 

I'm pretty sure this won't pass muster as written.  Too, too many Conservatives are against it as presented.  There are a couple of good things, but certainly not enough to resemble what the GOP promised.  Legislation intended to be entitlements are difficult to repeal and replace, especially when trying to replace a government controlled entitlement with something totally removed from the federal government controls.  It's been 8 long years since the free market has been able to interact with services like health care insurance, many people have lost faith in it.  Obama saw to that, Obama Care was designed to cause a rift between the people and free enterprise.  Now we are really in a dilemma, aren't we?  We have little faith in the free market, we don't trust the government, and the nation's health care industry has said very little that we can take to heart.  Time, and prayer my dear, prayer and time.

Very well stated, Jerome! You spelled out my feelings on the matter exactly. Almost like you snuck in my brain. LOL  

I am praying Trump doesn't go with what Paul Ryan is trying to sell with his HC bill. It bails out insurance companies again, imposes a 30% penalty on people for no insurance which is paid directly to the insurance company, on top of your premium. There is so much wrong with this bill.

I hope the Freedom Caucus members can stop this once they meet with Trump. If not, we will get to socialized medicine. just like we are headed under Obamacare now.

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

AGENDA 21/2030

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

kwicgov55 replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion GOP Health Care Bill Is Pulled!!!!!! Ryan Concedes: Yes, Things Need To Be Changed For Obamacare Replacement Bill To Pass The House
"Good post Jerome. The republican elites are very comfortable spending our hard earned taxpayers…"
1 hour ago
JeansBrother posted discussions
3 hours ago
JeansBrother replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion GOP Health Care Bill Is Pulled!!!!!! Ryan Concedes: Yes, Things Need To Be Changed For Obamacare Replacement Bill To Pass The House
"Well said.  And, why shouldn't they be?  They are trained and controlled by Alinsky…"
5 hours ago
JeansBrother replied to JeansBrother's discussion OFA's Comments on non-vote on American Healthcare Act
"It will be the fault of the obstructionist Republicans whose healthcare plan is "Die…"
5 hours ago
Jerome replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion GOP Health Care Bill Is Pulled!!!!!! Ryan Concedes: Yes, Things Need To Be Changed For Obamacare Replacement Bill To Pass The House
"  After listening to these so-called learned pundits on FOX last night, I had to turn my mind…"
6 hours ago
Jodi180 replied to JeansBrother's discussion OFA's Comments on non-vote on American Healthcare Act
"I wonder what praises they'll be singing when their beloved Obamacare explodes in their faces?"
7 hours ago
Jerseygal replied to Jerseygal's discussion Trump team communications captured by intelligence community surveillance, Nunes says
"He is taking heat for doing that, but I'm glad he did, and I think the President is too!"
18 hours ago
Jerseygal replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion GOP Health Care Bill Is Pulled!!!!!! Ryan Concedes: Yes, Things Need To Be Changed For Obamacare Replacement Bill To Pass The House
"Paul Ryan's opening statement sucked.  He sounds like a loser.  He admitted he…"
18 hours ago
JeansBrother replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion GOP Health Care Bill Is Pulled!!!!!! Ryan Concedes: Yes, Things Need To Be Changed For Obamacare Replacement Bill To Pass The House
"I am disappointed: 1. That we still have Obamacare. 2.  That even with seven years of…"
18 hours ago
Robin replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion GOP Health Care Bill Is Pulled!!!!!! Ryan Concedes: Yes, Things Need To Be Changed For Obamacare Replacement Bill To Pass The House
"I thanked the Freedom Caucus today!  Robin‏ @NiteOwl223  5h5 hours…"
19 hours ago
Robin replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion GOP Health Care Bill Is Pulled!!!!!! Ryan Concedes: Yes, Things Need To Be Changed For Obamacare Replacement Bill To Pass The House
"LEVIN: A BIG THANK YOU TO THE FREEDOM CAUCUS PATRIOTS! “I want to congratulate the Freedom…"
19 hours ago
Robin replied to Jerseygal's discussion Trump team communications captured by intelligence community surveillance, Nunes says
"12 Pieces Of Proof: The MSM Knew Obama Spied On Trump and LIED To Cover It Up What I am about to…"
19 hours ago
Robin replied to Jerseygal's discussion Trump team communications captured by intelligence community surveillance, Nunes says
"Nunes Calls Comey, Rogers For "Closed Session" After Finding "Concerning Info"…"
19 hours ago
"House Committee to See Potential Smoking Gun Evidence Obama Spied on Trump After the Chair of the…"
19 hours ago
"Thu Tids 3/23/17 What Constituents Are Telling Conservative Lawmakers About GOP Health Care…"
19 hours ago
Robin commented on Jerseygal's photo
Thumbnail

:)

"Too funny! "
19 hours ago

TRAFFIC

© 2017   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service