President Donald Trump on Tuesday evening fired FBI Director James Comey, amid rising controversy over what Comey told Congress regarding a top Hillary Clinton aide and an ongoing investigation into Russian interference in the presidential election.

Numerous Democrats are calling for appointment of a special prosecutor to investigate questions surrounding Russia, claiming the Justice Department and FBI no longer are independent.

The White House said Trump informed Comey he was being terminated based on the recommendations of both Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

Trump issued a firing letter to Comey, in which the president appeared to thank Comey for telling him the FBI wasn’t investigating him. The letter said.

Dear reader:

Reporters at the Washington Post, Huffington Post, and Wall Street Journal are attacking The Daily Signal for our press access at the White House.

They are afraid The Daily Signal is providing an alternative to the usual left-wing or establishment media spin. Now, they are using their “mainstream” media megaphones to diminish The Daily Signal.

The Daily Signal exists as an alternative to the mainstream media. We are a dedicated team of more than 100 journalists and policy experts funded solely by the financial support of the general public.

We need your help! Not only are these media outlets going after our reputation, but the White House Correspondents’ Association is facing pressure to exclude us.

Your financial support will help us fight for access to our nation’s leaders and report the facts.

You deserve the truth about what’s going on in Washington.

No amount of bullying is going to stop us from covering the White House.

Make a gift to support The Daily Signal!

I have received the attached letters from the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General of the United States recommending your dismissal as the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. I have accepted their recommendations and you are hereby terminated and removed from office effective immediately.

While I greatly appreciate, you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the judgment of the Department of Justice that you are not able to effectively lead the bureau.

It is essential that we find new leadership for the FBI that restores public trust and confidence in its vital law enforcement mission.

I wish you the best of luck in future endeavors.

In a public statement, Trump said:

The FBI is one of our nation’s most cherished and respected institutions and today will mark a new beginning for our crown jewel of law enforcement.

Comey last week testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee that Clinton confidant and campaign aide Huma Abedin forwarded “hundreds of thousands” of Clinton emails to her husband’s laptop computer. Clinton was secretary of state at the time, and some emails allegedly included classified information.

The FBI clarified in a letter to the committee Tuesday that only a “small number” of emails had been forwarded.

President Barack Obama nominated Comey in 2013 to what was supposed to be a 10-year appointment after his more than 30 years in law enforcement.

Early on as president, Trump announced he would keep Comey as FBI director,publicly giving him a hug and whispering something in his ear two days after his Jan. 20 inauguration.

President Donald Trump greets FBI Director James Comey during a Jan. 22 law enforcement event at the White House. (Photo: Pool/ABACA/Newscom)

Comey announced in July that the FBI would not recommend that the Justice Department charge Clinton for conducting official and often sensitive State Department business with a private email account over a private server.

In October, 11 days before the Nov. 8 presidential election, Comey announced the discovery of emails sent by Abedin to the laptop of her husband, former New York congressman Anthony Weiner. Two days before the election, Comey announced that the FBI had cleared Clinton.

In a public interview, Clinton recently blamed Comey in part for her loss in the presidential race.

Senate Judiciary Chairman Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, issued a critical statement on Comey following the news of his firing. He said:

The handling of the Clinton email investigation is a clear example of how Comey’s decisions have called into question the trust and political independence of the FBI. In my efforts to get answers, the FBI, under Comey’s leadership, has been slow or failed to provide information that Comey himself pledged to provide.

The effectiveness of the FBI depends upon the public trust and confidence. Unfortunately, this has clearly been lost.

But Sen. Edward J. Markey, D-Mass., compared the Comey firing to Watergate, saying:

President Trump’s firing of Director Comey sets a deeply alarming precedent as multiple investigations into possible Trump campaign or administration collusion with Russia remain ongoing, including an FBI investigation. This episode is disturbingly reminiscent of the Saturday Night Massacre during the Watergate scandal and the national turmoil that it caused. We are careening ever closer to a constitutional crisis, and this development only underscores why we must appoint a special prosecutor to fully investigate any dealings the Trump campaign or administration had with Russia.

Other Democrats, such as Rep. Gerry Connolly, D-Va., a member of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, had other speculation.

Another member of the House oversight panel, Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., thanked Comey for his service.

Jay Sekulow, chief counsel for the American Center for Law and Justice, tweeted:

We have been calling for  's firing for a long time. Today, your voice was heard:https://www.facebook.com/JaySekulow/videos/vb.166618413413767/1551367574938837/?type=2&theater&notif_t=live_video_explicit&notif_id=1494259201507178 

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Whistleblowers: James Comey Seized and Buried Information Showing Donald Trump’s Phone Calls Were Spied On (AUDIO)

Editor-in-Chief

WASHINGTON — Former FBI director James Comey seized and buried volumes of information that demonstrated a wide-ranging government surveillance operation targeting Donald Trump before he became president.

Big League Politics has learned that Larry Klayman, attorney for former NSA and CIA contractor and whistleblower Dennis Montgomery, delivered to the FBI 47 hard drives and data amounting to more than 600 million pages of documentation on the surveillance scheme. Then-FBI director James Comey’s general counsel James Baker took the data into his possession, according to multiple sources. But despite possessing Montgomery’s bombshell whistleblower revelations, Comey never acted on or publicized the information.

Additionally, Comey’s former firm Lockheed Martin granted entry to Montgomery to one of its facilities to help him work on the alleged mass surveillance program, which was allegedly overseen by Obama administration officials John Brennan and James Clapper and specifically targeted Trump.

As Big League Politics recently reported: real estate mogul Timothy Blixseth claims that he saw records from Montgomery proving that Obama CIA director John Brennan oversaw repeated spying on the phone calls of President Donald Trump and millions of other private American citizens. An audiotape of an interview Blixseth gave –released by Federal Judge G. Murray Snow as part of a civil case — is presented below.

In the audiotaped interview — conducted before Trump ever ran for president — Blixseth spoke to former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio and detective Mike Zullo. The audio was released in connection with a civil contempt case that the Department of Justice filed against Arpaio. The audio of this conversation appears to only be preserved in one location on the Internet, on a whistleblower Soundcloud page.

“This guy showed me 900 million phone calls. And I see myself in there. I see people I know. I see Donald Trump in there a zillion times, and Bloomberg is in there,” Blixseth said on the tape, referring to information that Montgomery allegedly showed him.

LISTEN TO THE BLIXSETH TAPE HERE

“He’s a very genius computer guy,” Blixseth said of Montgomery. “What they did is, they were actually working for the CIA. And they mask it as — I’m sure you’ll remember this — the contracts with the CIA, of which I had many copies, said that they were decoding Al-Jazeera television, said that there was broadcast embedded, remember that? Owned by Gore? Al Gore’s got part of it now. But it was all bullshit. That was bullshit. That was a front by the CIA. And this guy [Montgomery] worked for Brennan and Clapper. Those were the two guys running it,” Timothy Blixseth told Arpaio and Zullo on the tape.

“He started out in 2004 with another partner in Reno, Nevada, called eTreppid. They collected about $40 million from the CIA. Top security clearance. All kinds of letters…In 2006 they started a new company that [my ex-wife] owns, and they started doing the same business for the government. What it really turns out they were doing is they were hacking into all of America.”

Big League Politics called the listed number for eTreppid Technologies, but we were told that Montgomery no longer works there. “That company closed down years ago, sir,” a representative said of eTreppid Technologies. When asked what the company is called now, the representative said, “I’m sorry, I can’t discuss any more with you.”

Blixseth claimed in his conversation with Zullo and Arpaio that Brennan and Clapper were running the operation.

“Everything they said they didn’t do, that Brennan said recently, mainly Clapper. It’s all bullshit. And I’ve got it right here,” Blixseth said.

Now the story gets better.

Dennis Montgomery told Zullo in a separate interview — also preserved and released on audiotape — that he gained entry to a Lockheed Martin facility in Los Angeles to work on the surveillance program on a super computer contained at the facility. James Comey served as an executive at Lockheed Martin from 2005 until 2010. An insider close to the story estimates that Montgomery gained access to the facility in 2009, at the beginning of the Obama administration, but that date is only a close estimate. Lockheed Martin did not immediately return a request for comment for this report.

Montgomery told Zullo on the tape that he accepted nearly eight thousand dollars from someone, with no receipt, and went to Los Angeles to use the facility.

“Lockheed,” Montgomery said, referring to the company that operated the facility he used.

Why did he have to use that Lockheed facility? Because it had a super-computer that made it easier for him to open a disk related to the surveillance program.

“Well, the thing is, I could get on something that was a thousand times faster,” Montgomery said of the facility’s computer.

LISTEN TO THE MONTGOMERY TAPE HERE

Klayman has called on House Intelligence Committee chairman Rep. Devin Nunes to hear testimony from Montgomery.

“We don’t have any comment,” the FBI told Big League Politics.

As I reported last year, “When President Obama nominated Comey to become FBI director in 2013, Comey promised the United States Senate that he would recuse himself on all cases involving former employers. But Comey earned $6 million in one year alone from Lockheed Martin. Lockheed Martin became a Clinton Foundation donor that very year.”

Below is a screenshot of an email that Zullo sent to Montgomery, who uses the pseudonym “David Webb,” informing him that his “immunity deal is done.”

http://bigleaguepolitics.com/whistleblowers-james-comey-seized-buri...

The SWAMP is larger than I had thought.  What does the law so often say? -- a conflict of interest or the appearance of a conflict of interest?  Yup. Tiime to drain the swamp and let these folks work at the "grass roots" level where they can worry about where the next meal is coming from instead of how they are going to gain more power over their ruling elite competitors.

In the words of one of the most famous Liberal criminals of all time:  "At this point in time, what does it matter?"  Comey is gone, should have been gone a long time ago when he said that there was no way he could find any criminal intent in Hillary's email/private server debacle, or before that, when no one would investigate Obama and Hillary and Susan Rice and every other Liberal official that blamed the Benghazi attack on a homemade video.  The swamp hasn't been a swamp for the past 8 years, Obama and his ilk turned the swamp into the cess pool it is today.  

This would make President Trump Mr Roto Rooter perhaps?  :-))

Haha, Indeed! ;)

Former FBI Director James Comey Planned To Dismiss Hillary Clinton’s Charges Before The FBI Interviewed Her

I’ll never forget July 5, 2016. I was working that morning and heard that (now former) FBI Director James Comey was making a major announcement on Hillary Clinton’s email investigation. I listened to him carefully. He laid out a convincing case against Hillary. I thought, “There’s no way he wouldn’t recommend charges after pointing out how much she did wrong. She was careless. There’s no way she’ll get away with this.”

I was wrong. Comey said “no reasonable prosecutor” would bring a case against her, and the rest was history

Well, according to a new piece in The New Yorker, Comey had been planning to dismiss the charges against Hillary Clinton for some time, months before the FBI actually interviewed her.

As the inquiry neared its end, Comey, who had closely monitored it from the start, requested summaries of more than thirty government prosecutions involving mishandling of classified information. He waded through the records, seeking to understand the cases’ rationale and how they had been resolved. In the end, he agreed with the investigators’ unanimous conclusion: Clinton should not face criminal charges…

It appears he arrived to that conclusion in May and planned to make the announcement alone long before the FBI even interviewed Hillary.

Comey had his own ideas. Unbeknownst to his Justice Department colleagues, Comey had resolved to proceed alone with the announcement. Since May, he had been holding a parallel series of meetings with top F.B.I. confidants to thrash through his plan. He would publicly announce—and explain—the Clinton decision without Lynch at his side. “We had discussions for months about what this looked like,” Michael Steinbach, who retired as the F.B.I.’s executive assistant director for national security in February, 2017, said. “This, for us, was the best course of action, given the political situation that we were in—for us to do it independently.”

As Comey saw it, according to Steinbach and others familiar with his thinking, the public doubted Lynch’s independence and would be less likely to accept the decision if she were involved in announcing it.

In other words, he already made up his mind and was trying to figure out how to tell the American public without them thinking it was a corrupt, politically-motivated decision. And (now former) AG Loretta Lynch nearby definitely would’ve sent the wrong message. Mostly because he KNEW she was a Clinton lackey.

A recent report in the Times raised the prospect of another factor in Comey’s calculations. Early last year, another F.B.I. investigative team had found a memo or e-mail hacked by the Russians in which a Democratic operative expressed confidence that Lynch would protect Clinton. According to the Times, Comey worried that if Lynch were involved in the Clinton announcement and the Russians leaked the document, then voters would not trust the inquiry.

But Comey did not confront Lynch, demand that she recuse herself, or raise the matter with the Deputy Attorney General, Sally Yates, former Justice Department officials told me. Instead, he sent an aide to confer with David Margolis, a respected senior Justice Department official, who has since died. Margolis never raised the issue with department leadership. Two former officials who have seen the document told me that it was never a real concern. Comey and his defenders, they insisted to me, are now engaged in “revisionist history.”

So Comey made the announcement by himself. Word has it many within the FBI were upset with his decision.

Partisan outrage was immediate. Conservative media and Trump surrogates accused Comey of protecting Clinton and preventing rank-and-file F.B.I. agents from pursuing the truth. During nine hours of congressional hearings in which Comey elaborated further on his opinions of Clinton’s conduct, Republicans repeatedly questioned his reasoning for ending the investigation without charges.

Perhaps more worrisome to Comey was the rising discontent within the F.B.I. The retired assistant director James Kallstrom, a Trump backer who had run the New York field office from 1995 to 1997, became a fixture on Fox News and Fox Business, where he attacked Comey’s “nonsensical conclusion” in the Clinton probe and highlighted the “disgust” of “hundreds” of active and retired agents, including some “involved in this thing” who “feel like they’ve been stabbed in the back.” Kallstrom said, “I think we’re going to see a lot more of the facts come out in the course of the next few months. That’s my prediction.”

Then October 28th happened. Comey informed Congress the FBI was reopening Hillary’s case. But it appears there was one real motivating factor, and it wasn’t “helping Trump.” Comey wanted to salvage his own reputation.

The Justice official reminded Comey’s deputy about department policy regarding overt investigative steps before an election. Criticism was inevitable, he argued; the best defense was to consistently follow the normal process. The F.B.I.’s response: “This one’s different.”

“This wasn’t a policy-position disagreement,’’ the former Justice Department official told me. “Comey felt this was his credibility on the line. He was the one who had testified before Congress. Their view is, ‘We get the policy and procedures. But he’s the one who had to personally suffer the fallout if he doesn’t update the Hill. It’s his ass in the sling.’ ”

Lynch and Yates had the power to order Comey not to send the letter. But Comey’s high-minded characterization of his “obligation” made that option seem perilous to senior Justice Department officials. If they gave Comey such an order, it wasn’t clear that he would comply. And if he did, there was a chance that it could be portrayed as the Attorney General ordering the F.B.I. director to hide information from Congress. None of that would play well, especially in the aftermath of the tarmac incident. So the Justice Department officials stuck to pleading through staff.

Needless to say, Comey was and continues to be a controversial figure. I’m glad he’s gone. We need a fresh start. Speaking of fresh starts, candidates for his replacement are being interviewed today, so this process is already underway.

All that being said, I still want to hear from Comey directly. I’m dying to hear his side of the story.

http://www.chicksontheright.com/new-yorker-former-fbi-director-jame...

I'm glad he finally got fired. It may be that he was standing in the way of other investigations, and the list isn't short. 

Do you suppose that Comey was/is a visible part of the deep state?

It wouldn't surprise me if he was, JB!

In Washington, nothing seems to be the way it appears to be.  That's why I asked. :-)

He was standing in the way of everything. The list is long! 

Erick Erickson Speaks With Glenn: I Know One of the Sources, and It’s Far Worse Than What’s Being Reported
Erick Erickson, founder and editor-in-chief of TheResurgent.com, recently posted an article, I Know One of the Sources, which describes disturbing details on what’s really happening inside the White House in light of the news Trump may have exposed sensitive information during his meetings with Russian officials. Erickson joined Glenn on radio Tuesday to discuss. “This is worse in the sense that the president’s conversations, I’m led to believe, with the Russians, provided them enough information through his bragging that they could identify the location of the source, how the source obtained the information regarding explosives and laptops, and could therefore identify specifically who the source was,” Erickson said. If true, what does that mean for President Trump? Is his job at stake? RELATED: The Russia Leak Won’t End Trump’s Presidency Unless Republicans Agree It Should “I don’t think it’s impeachable, and that’s the problem. Gross incompetence is not one of the areas for impeachment in the Constitution. And I think we have to take that literally. If the president wants to release information to the Russians, he legally has the right to do it,” Erickson said. But there is a deeply troubling aspect to the president sharing high-level intelligence. “The problem is that it undermines our relationships with our allies and our ability to collect intelligence from other sources and could potentially put the life of a source in jeopardy,” Erickson said.
Listen to segment 

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

AGENDA 21/2030

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Robin replied to Jerseygal's discussion They Want *You* to Sacrifice for *Their* Beliefs
"I am SICK to death of these insane left nutjobs, putting everyone else in this country at risk just…"
1 minute ago
JeansBrother replied to JeansBrother's discussion Judicial Watch OnLine Alert -- 5/23/2017
"And why shouldn't they?  It worked with Vince Foster didn't it?"
5 minutes ago
JeansBrother replied to JeansBrother's discussion Judicial Watch Weekly Update -- 5/19/2017
"I like it that they do not seem to forget the things that are no longer in the news."
6 minutes ago
Robin liked Jerseygal's discussion They Want *You* to Sacrifice for *Their* Beliefs
43 minutes ago
Robin replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Seth Rich, the murdered DNC staffer, was the source of Wikileaks revelations..NOT the Russians
"They better be in a panic.  "
43 minutes ago
Robin replied to JeansBrother's discussion Judicial Watch OnLine Alert -- 5/23/2017
"Loving this! JW will get to the bottom of this. They had him killed. "
46 minutes ago
Robin liked JeansBrother's discussion Judicial Watch OnLine Alert -- 5/23/2017
46 minutes ago
Robin replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Seth Rich, the murdered DNC staffer, was the source of Wikileaks revelations..NOT the Russians
"Look at all those bodies! Glad you posted that as a reminder of how you end up when you cross the…"
47 minutes ago
Robin replied to Robin's discussion Trump's Middle East Trip..... Trump becomes first sitting US president to visit Western Wall
"I'm seeing it too. He is having a fantastic trip! A lot of firsts too. :)"
50 minutes ago
Robin replied to Lynn Rackoski's discussion Former FBI Director Robert Mueller, special counsel will take over FBI Russia campaign interference investigation
"Indeed, Native! I have seen quite a few. "
53 minutes ago
Robin replied to JeansBrother's discussion Judicial Watch Weekly Update -- 5/19/2017
"I love Judicial Watch! They get the information one way or the other! Can't wait to see them…"
55 minutes ago
Robin liked JeansBrother's discussion Judicial Watch Weekly Update -- 5/19/2017
1 hour ago
JeansBrother posted discussions
2 hours ago
Robin replied to Robin's discussion Summer Of Rage... VIDEO: July 2nd Anti-Trump Riots Planned By New Fascists
"A reminder!  Anti-Trump Resistance Just Released Their True Goal; It’s VERY BAD The…"
5 hours ago
Robin posted discussions
5 hours ago
Jerseygal posted a discussion

They Want *You* to Sacrifice for *Their* Beliefs

Reposted with the author's permission  …See More
6 hours ago

TRAFFIC

© 2017   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service