~ Where the Sun Will Never Set on Our liberty ~
Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz, in a comprehensive and at-times scathing report on the handling of the Hillary Clinton email investigation, exposed extraordinary text messages by a top FBI official vowing to "stop" Donald Trump -- while calling then-director James Comey's actions in the case "insubordinate."
The long-awaited report was released Thursday afternoon, spanning nearly 600 pages and scrutinizing the actions of numerous figures who played a key role in the Justice Department and FBI's investigation. It is the product of an 18-month review, incorporating dozens of witness interviews and hundreds of thousands of documents.
But one of the most stunning findings concerns texts between agent Peter Strzok and bureau colleague Lisa Page.
According to the report, Page texted Strzok in August 2016 and said: “[Trump’s] not ever going to become president, right? Right?!”
“No. No he won’t. We’ll stop it,” Strzok responded.
Strzok was a lead investigator on the Clinton case and later worked the Russia investigation before being removed from that assignment.
Keep reading....full text and videos
And we’ve learned little that we didn’t already know. I found it all rather anticlimactic.
So will the punishments that will be meted out !!!
My typo in the headline must have been Freudian.....I’m correcting it lol
I found the same, JG! I'm pretty frustrated at this point.
This is very interesting. We knew there was bias, the report acknowledges there was bias, but also says it didn’t impact any decision. Ok...we buy that one right? Take a peek at this....especially #9
Worth the read!
1) Don't believe anyone who claims Horowitz didn't find bias. He very carefully says that he found no "documentary" evidence that bias produced "specific investigatory decisions." That's different #IGReport
2) It means he didn't catch anyone doing anything so dumb as writing down that they took a specific step to aid a candidate. You know, like: "Let's give out this Combetta immunity deal so nothing comes out that will derail Hillary for President." #IGReport
3) But he in fact finds bias everywhere. The examples are shocking and concerning, and he devotes entire sections to them. And he very specifically says in the summary that they "cast a cloud" on the entire "investigation's credibility." That's pretty damning. #IGReport
4) Meanwhile this same cast of characters who the IG has now found to have made a hash of the Clinton investigation and who demonstrate such bias, seamlessly moved to the Trump investigation. And we're supposed to think they got that one right? #IGReport
5) Also don't believe anyone who says this is just about Comey and his instances of insubordination. (Though they are bad enough.) This is an indictment broadly of an FBI culture that believes itself above the rules it imposes on others. #IGReport
6) People failing to adhere to their recusals (Kadzik/McCabe). Lynch hanging with Bill. Staff helping Comey conceal details of presser from DOJ bosses. Use of personal email and laptops. Leaks. Accepting gifts from media. Agent affairs/relationships.
7)It also contains stunning examples of incompetence. Comey explains that he wasn't aware the Weiner laptop was big deal because he didn't know Weiner was married to Abedin? Then they sit on it a month, either cuz it fell through cracks (wow) or were more obsessed w/Trump
8) And I can still hear the echo of the howls from when Trump fired Comey. Still waiting to hear the apologies now that this report has backstopped the Rosenstein memo and the obvious grounds for dismissal.
To restore credibility, I believe there should be more firings. Also, we know who two of the five agents were....Strzock and Page....so let’s unmask the other three! What a concept!
I believe the IG made 5 or more referrals for prosecution/investigation. Can't wait to see who the rest are.
I heard on the news 4 or 5 criminal referrals were made, and, that Comey is in pretty big trouble. The IG is not finished investigation either. He has moved on to what they all did in the Russia investigation. I believe that is why Strock was taken out of FBI HQ, stripped of his gun, badge, and, security clearance.
As I read more excerpts of this, I’m astounded that anyone could say bias did not affect any outcomes. If Rosenstein had a tenth of the stones Nikki Haley has, he’d end all investigations into Trump, Flynn, Manafort, Cohen....they’re ALL fruit of the poisonously tree.
Rosenstein is so corrupt he will not end anything. He's a weasel with a very bad temper. Yeah, I could take the little worm. LOL
IG Horowitz confirmed that he is investigating allegations that FBI officials "edited" agents' 302 summary reports of interviews with witnesses and suspects in the 2016-2017 investigations (including Gen. Flynn)