Social media analysis suggests links between Baltimore and Ferguson violence

BaltimoreFirefighters1.jpg

Baltimore firefighters battle a three-alarm fire Monday, April 27, 2015, at a senior living facility under construction at Federal and Chester Streets in East Baltimore. (Jerry Jackson/The Baltimore Sun via AP)

EXCLUSIVE - An analysis of social media traffic in downtown Baltimore Monday has unearthed striking connections to the protests in Ferguson, Mo. last year, according to a leading data mining firm that shared its findings exclusively with Fox News.

The firm, which asked to remain anonymous because of its government work, found between 20 and 50 social media accounts in Baltimore that were also tied to the peak period of violence in Ferguson. While further analysis is being conducted on the data, it suggests the presence of "professional protesters" or anarchists taking advantage of Freddie Gray's death to incite more violence.  

Gray, 25, died April 18, a week after being injured while in police custody. A wave of violence erupted in Baltimore following his funeral Monday.

One account, which also tracked the recent union protests in New York City as well as other disturbances, tweeted photos of Gray's funeral and used language that seemed to anticipate violence in Baltimore.

The discovery that some social media accounts were tied to cities 825 miles apart was described to Fox News as “surprising.” While it is possible to spoof accounts and make it appear as if someone is in one location when they are really in another, the data mining firm told Fox News that it can’t fully explain the numbers.

The use of social media to fuel violence in Baltimore has already been highlightedby law enforcement. On Monday, police said an online call was issued for a "purge" at 3 p.m. ET, starting at Mondawmin Mall and ending in the downtown area. That type of threat is based on a movie called “The Purge,”  the plot of which involves rampant lawlessness.

The Washington Times also reported Monday that law enforcement intelligence officials issued a warning after someone sent a text urging people to “kill all white police officers” in reaction to Gray’s death. The text has fueled fears that the violence in Baltimore could spread nationally, according to safety memos obtained by The Washington Times.

Baltimore's mayor, Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, announced a 10 p.m.-5a.m. curfew would be imposed beginning Tuesday.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2015/04/28/social-media-analysis-sugges...

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Really? Is anyone surprised by this? I'm not. Here's why.... http://fundamentalrefounding.ning.com/forum/topics/are-nationalized...

If the regime can keep ginning up these riots and destruction, then find the police need to be more racially sensitive, they will try to make the case for nationalizing the police. What do you think?

Seems to me that all of the racially sensitive arrests I'm hearing about are happening in predominantly black areas. How about white police officers stop arresting black citizens in such areas. Either let it slide or let black police officers handle it until the current government regime is out of office. I imagine in about 20 months everyone will be very pleased to see police help, no matter the color.

One grows weary of the reasons given why the left can riot, damage the country, and burn things down. One thing is clear. The left hates this country and wants it burned down, and will find any excuse to do it.

I believe the answer to Ferguson and Baltimore is the same. Our leaders are such a total piece of garbage that the greatest country on earth has now drifted back to the Dark Ages where the only things that matter are violence and who wins.

Ferguson.  Charleston.  Baltimore.  Charleston is the only example of how not to let rumor and anger fester until it becomes violence.  With further practice, the next death of a minority will automatically require a state of emergency and a call-out of the national guard.  Soon, we will have a police force in America of local, county, state and national guard that equals our military in strength and capability.  Where did I hear something about that?

JB, I used to believe that our military would never turn on American citizens. I no longer believe that, and that is not to disparage our military in any way. I just know that this regime has replaced the upper echelon, and when we remember what he said back in '08, and watch how they stand back and allow the violence in Baltimore and Ferguson to escalate, what else can I think? I know that if our military was operating with only the regime's info and orders, they will do what they are ordered to do, and Obama may finally identify an enemy. Us.

I understand your concern.  However, the military has its own sources of information so it is not totally reliant on the regime's information.  Add to that the number of civilian warriors hired by contractors to perform in far away places because they love this country, and the calculus for a politician who wants to use the military for general law and order operations within the USA becomes very tricky.

Yes, I also have found a linkage. People with IQs lower than 5 and ethics and morality even lower. Disgusting. Disturbing. If monkeys sue Darwin for liable since Monkeys are far smarter and have much more morals, I will be their star witness. How do liberals tie their shoes? Maybe that is why they are so mean. Perhaps they tie their shoe laces together, then stand up and say Duh, and then fall on their face and blame the police for not saving them.

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

AGENDA 21/2030

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Robin liked Jerseygal's discussion They Want *You* to Sacrifice for *Their* Beliefs
34 minutes ago
Robin replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Seth Rich, the murdered DNC staffer, was the source of Wikileaks revelations..NOT the Russians
"They better be in a panic.  "
34 minutes ago
Robin replied to JeansBrother's discussion Judicial Watch OnLine Alert -- 5/23/2017
"Loving this! JW will get to the bottom of this. They had him killed. "
36 minutes ago
Robin liked JeansBrother's discussion Judicial Watch OnLine Alert -- 5/23/2017
37 minutes ago
Robin replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Seth Rich, the murdered DNC staffer, was the source of Wikileaks revelations..NOT the Russians
"Look at all those bodies! Glad you posted that as a reminder of how you end up when you cross the…"
38 minutes ago
Robin replied to Robin's discussion Trump's Middle East Trip..... Trump becomes first sitting US president to visit Western Wall
"I'm seeing it too. He is having a fantastic trip! A lot of firsts too. :)"
40 minutes ago
Robin replied to Lynn Rackoski's discussion Former FBI Director Robert Mueller, special counsel will take over FBI Russia campaign interference investigation
"Indeed, Native! I have seen quite a few. "
44 minutes ago
Robin replied to JeansBrother's discussion Judicial Watch Weekly Update -- 5/19/2017
"I love Judicial Watch! They get the information one way or the other! Can't wait to see them…"
46 minutes ago
Robin liked JeansBrother's discussion Judicial Watch Weekly Update -- 5/19/2017
56 minutes ago
JeansBrother posted discussions
2 hours ago
Robin replied to Robin's discussion Summer Of Rage... VIDEO: July 2nd Anti-Trump Riots Planned By New Fascists
"A reminder!  Anti-Trump Resistance Just Released Their True Goal; It’s VERY BAD The…"
5 hours ago
Robin posted discussions
5 hours ago
Jerseygal posted a discussion

They Want *You* to Sacrifice for *Their* Beliefs

Reposted with the author's permission  …See More
6 hours ago
NativeCollector replied to Lynn Rackoski's discussion Former FBI Director Robert Mueller, special counsel will take over FBI Russia campaign interference investigation
"There are quite a few stories out there about the Democrats walking back the impeachment talk.…"
21 hours ago
NativeCollector replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Seth Rich, the murdered DNC staffer, was the source of Wikileaks revelations..NOT the Russians
"I found this while looking for something else.…"
21 hours ago
NativeCollector replied to Lynn Rackoski's discussion Former FBI Director Robert Mueller, special counsel will take over FBI Russia campaign interference investigation
"I heard someone say that the Dems are starting to back-pedal on the impeachment."
21 hours ago

TRAFFIC

© 2017   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service