Sessions Considering "Outside Special Counsel" To Review "Highly Politicized" Actions Of Obama DOJ #IRS #FastandFurious

Even though Obama spent the waning days of his administration boasting about how he had managed to spend 8 years in the White House without a single 'scandal', current Attorney General Jeff Sessions seems to have a slightly different view of how to define 'scandal'. 

But perhaps Obama just "did not recall" some of the highly controversial efforts of his administration including the intentional IRS targeting of conservative political groups, Eric Holder's "Fast and Furious" gun running program which ultimately resulted in him being held in contempt of Congress and, of course, that infamous meeting between Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch on the tarmac in Phoenix just as the DOJ and FBI were contemplating whether or not to press charges against Hillary Clinton over her email scandal.

Appearing on the air with radio host Hugh Hewitt, Sessions was asked if he would consider designating an outside counsel "not connected to politics" to take a second look at Justice Department actions that provoked Republican ire over the last eight years. Hewitt contended during his radio interview that the department had become "highly politicized" during the Obama administration and floated the idea of a special review by an attorney with the authority to bring criminal charges and "just generally to look at how the Department of Justice operated."

While Sessions was somewhat noncommittal, he did leave the door open, saying he would do everything he could to "restore the independence and professionalism of the Department of Justice." According to the AP, Sessions said that "generally, a good review of that internally is the first step before any such decision is made" but continued on to say that he "would have to consider whether or not some outside special counsel is needed."

Hewitt:  Now let me switch to the Department itself, Mr. Attorney General.  It has a bad eight years.  I'm a proud veteran of the Department of Justice as you are, but the IRS case, the Fast and Furious case, Secretary Clinton's server.  The Department of Justice came under great criticism.  How about an outside counsel, not connected to politics, to review the DOJ's actions in those matters with authority to bring charges if underlying crimes are uncovered in the course of the investigation, and just generally to look at how the DOJ operated in the highly politicized Holder-Lynch years.

Sessions:  Well, I'm going to do everything I possibly can to restore independence and professionalism of the DOJ, so we're going to have to consider whether or not some outside special counsel is needed.  Generally, a good review of that internally is the first step before any such decision is made.

Sessions went on to say the outcome of the IRS case, in particular, remained "of real concern." The Justice Department in 2015 found mismanagement at the tax agency but no evidence that it had targeted a political group based on its viewpoints or obstructed justice.

But we're sure this is just all 'much ado about nothing' as they say...after all Loretta Lynch already said Bill just stopped by her plane to chat about his grandkids for 30 minutes...surely she wouldn't attempt the mislead the American people just to protect her administration, right?

Audio http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-10/sessions-considering-outsi...

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looks like DOJ is going after Fast and Furious like they said they would. 

Oversight chairman angrily issues subpoenas after two ATF agents refuse to appear before Congress

Chairman of the House Oversight Committee Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) lost his cool Thursday during a hearing with the members of the Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agency. 

Oversight chairman angrily issues subpoenas after two ATF agents refuse to appear before Congress

Chairman of the House Oversight Committee Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) lost his cool Thursday during a hearing with the members of the Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agency.

After two agents who were summoned failed to show to the hearing concerning the 2011 murder of Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent Jaime Zapata, Chaffetz became frustrated and laid down the law for ATF acting director Thomas Brandon. Zapata was murdered by a hit squad in Mexico in February 2011 with weapons that the ATF had been tracking.

A report submitted March 1 revealed that the weapons involved in Zapata’s death had been trafficked through Otilio Osorio, a man who built a gun-running network in North Texas with his brother Ranferi. The ATF had probable cause to arrest Osorio after the purchase of 40 firearms but failed to do so until after Zapata’s murder.

The two summoned ATF agents in question — William Temple, special agent in charge of the Dallas Field Division, and Ronald Turk, associate deputy director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives — were to accompany Brandon to the hearing to discuss what went wrong within the agency during the Osorio investigation that led to Zapata’s death.

Chaffetz confronted Brandon on why Temple and Turk did not accompany him. Brandon replied that the two agents had decided to voluntarily ignore the summons, a decision Brandon confessed that he agreed with.

Chaffetz responded by issuing two subpoenas — one for each agent — and put it on Brandon to assist them in making it to their appointments on time. It was then that Chaffetz let loose:

These are not optional exercises. You are wasting this committee’s time by allowing Mr. Turk and Mr. Temple to think anything other than when they’re invited to come Congress, they will come to Congress. When I send you a notice on Thursday of last week for you to contact your department, your agency, your people, for you to contact our office last night in the five o’clock hour is totally and wholly unacceptable. There is no excuse for that, and we will not tolerate that, and if I need to issue a subpoena at the get-go, you tell me. We will do that every time, because they should have been here today.

VIDEO 

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/03/13/oversight-chairman-angrily-...

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

AGENDA 21/2030

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

NativeCollector replied to Lynn Rackoski's discussion Former FBI Director Robert Mueller, special counsel will take over FBI Russia campaign interference investigation
"There are quite a few stories out there about the Democrats walking back the impeachment talk.…"
7 hours ago
NativeCollector replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Seth Rich, the murdered DNC staffer, was the source of Wikileaks revelations..NOT the Russians
"I found this while looking for something else.…"
7 hours ago
NativeCollector replied to Lynn Rackoski's discussion Former FBI Director Robert Mueller, special counsel will take over FBI Russia campaign interference investigation
"I heard someone say that the Dems are starting to back-pedal on the impeachment."
7 hours ago
Jerseygal replied to Robin's discussion Trump's Middle East Trip..... Trump becomes first sitting US president to visit Western Wall
"I'm seeing more seeds of a peace deal, as I said yesterday. Next up, the Pope. I'm liking…"
8 hours ago
Jerseygal replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Seth Rich, the murdered DNC staffer, was the source of Wikileaks revelations..NOT the Russians
"^^^^^ Just a little too coincidental ^^^^^^^"
8 hours ago
Jerseygal replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Seth Rich, the murdered DNC staffer, was the source of Wikileaks revelations..NOT the Russians
8 hours ago
Jerseygal liked Fundamental Refounding's discussion Seth Rich, the murdered DNC staffer, was the source of Wikileaks revelations..NOT the Russians
8 hours ago
Fundamental Refounding replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Seth Rich, the murdered DNC staffer, was the source of Wikileaks revelations..NOT the Russians
"Gingrich Pushes Seth Rich Assassination Reality on Fox News In recent weeks, the Washington soap…"
8 hours ago
Fundamental Refounding posted a discussion

Seth Rich, the murdered DNC staffer, was the source of Wikileaks revelations..NOT the Russians

In a stunning development over the weekend, internet personality and blogger “KimDotcom” is…See More
8 hours ago
Robin replied to Lynn Rackoski's discussion Former FBI Director Robert Mueller, special counsel will take over FBI Russia campaign interference investigation
"Great way to put it, JB! They are starting to let them down easily."
8 hours ago
Robin replied to Robin's discussion Trump's Middle East Trip..... Trump becomes first sitting US president to visit Western Wall
"Netanyahu: For The First Time in My Lifetime, There Is Hope For Change and Realistic…"
8 hours ago
Robin replied to NativeCollector's discussion Here's how to let the president know you have his back
"Will get this out, Native! "
9 hours ago
Robin liked NativeCollector's discussion Here's how to let the president know you have his back
9 hours ago
JeansBrother replied to Lynn Rackoski's discussion Former FBI Director Robert Mueller, special counsel will take over FBI Russia campaign interference investigation
"We all know what happens when you "pop the top" on a pressure cooker instead of releasing…"
10 hours ago
JeansBrother replied to Robin's discussion This Looks Like A Coup Attempt In Progress Against Trump... Resistance Summer.. Deep State and more
"Good for Marco!"
10 hours ago
Robin posted a discussion

Trump's Middle East Trip..... Trump becomes first sitting US president to visit Western Wall

Jerusalem (AFP) - Donald Trump on Monday became the first sitting US president to visit the Western…See More
10 hours ago

TRAFFIC

© 2017   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service