We currently have 7,299 persons with disabilities and their families who have signed the petition to oppose the CRPD. Please pass this along and help us to meet our goal of 10,000 by Monday.

The link is https://www.thedatabank.com/dpg/385/personal2.asp?formid=CRPD_Fam or http://4pra.us_noCRPD/.

Views: 327

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mike Farris's daily analysis for Thursday morning on how we're doing against the CRPD today. (An email update will be going out soon, too.)
Daily update on the Senate/UN CRPD battle

The Democratic leadership stalled on the treaty ratification on the UN CRPD today. They have not yet filed the cloture petition. That is required to take the second of three required votes. There is a two day waiting period after filing the cloture petition before a vote can be taken on that step. Then another 30 hours must pass. 
(I know this sounds like

a Rube Goldberg scheme and it kinda is. Maybe there is an exception if a Senator hops across the Rotunda on a pogo stick. OK...humor period over...back to the analysis.)

What does this mean? 

YOUR CALLS ARE MAKING A BIG DIFFERENCE. We converted one of the "Yes" votes to a promised "NO" vote on final passage. I don't want to reveal the name publicly so that Harry Reid can lean on them. There are others leaning our way also.

Of course, we don't know if the other side has converted some of our votes. So, we absolutely have to keep the pressure on.

If there ever was a battle of the grassroots against the establishment--this is it. Keep fighting and keep praying. It is starting to look a lot like victory.

UN CRPD CALL STRATEGY FOR TODAY

If you have one or more Democratic Senators or a GOP Senator who voted wrong on Monday. I would suggest that you call back and say the following:

"I understand that Senator XX believes that this treaty will protect Americans with disabilities when they travel abroad. Can you please tell me which section of the treaty contains this protection? Lawyers I trust tell 

us there is no such language in the treaty. Can you read it to me if it is there?"

This will make these poor staffers very uncomfortable and what will likely happen is that even though no Democrats are likely to change their actual votes against Obama--they may very well start going to Harry Reid and say: "You have to pull this thing back. I don't want to have to vote for this."

Keep the pressure on. Preserve freedom!

We have just received word that the U.S. Senate will hold a straight up or down vote on Tuesday, December 4, on whether or not the United States should ratify the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD). If 2/3 of the senators present vote yes, the United States will ratify this UN treaty.

http://www.parentalrights.org/index.asp?SEC=%7BAD6BA826-95AC-4DB0-B...

This remains an ongoing issue, one the we must oppose.  Some info here:

http://www.parentalrights.org/index.asp?SEC={5518816F-CE05-4294-8F90-C41AD67C94D2}&Type=B_BASIC#.UL1EZeTLSYV 

UN Convention on the Rights of Persons With Disabilities

The United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) poses a serious threat to the right of parents with disabled children to make decisions on behalf of those children regarding their education, medical care, and other areas of life. By introducing the "best interest of the child" principle as a government obligation (Article 7.2), the CRPD places bureaucrats in the position to make the ultimate decisions regarding each child.

You can read the CRPD in its entirety here - but be aware that many of the dangers of this treaty are not readily identified through a simple reading of the text. This is because many of its terms, including "best interest of the child" and "reproductive rights," have been defined by international law and treaty bodies such as the Committee on the Rights of the Child. For more on the concerns this treaty raises, check out the resources below.

Timeline of Events:
Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities

December 13, 2006 - United Nations General Assembly adopted the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities

June 30, 2009 - The United States under President Barack Obama signed the CRPD

May 17, 2012 - President Obama submitted the CRPD to the Senate for its advice and consent.

May 30, 2012 - ParentalRights.org President Michael Farris, as chairman of the Homeschool Legal Defense Association, released "Ten Specific Problems with the CRPD"

July 12, 2012 - The Senate Foreign Relations Committee held a single hearing on the CRPD. Michael Farris was called to testify, along with Steven Groves of Heritage Foundation, in opposition to the treaty. 

Read Michael Farris' written testimony.

View the Senate video of the entire proceeding.

July 26, 2012 - The Senate Foreign Relations Committee voted 13-6 to send the CRPD to the entire Senate for a floor vote.

As constituents contacted their Senators, certain arguments were repeated in favor of the treaty. Michael Farris addressed those arguments in a letter to Senator Rockefeller (D-WV).

As constituent contacts continued, the need for a treatment of the RUDs became evident. RUDs are the Reservations, Understandings, and Declarations attached to Senate consent of a treaty. Michael Farris released a document addressing deep concerns with the RUDs.

September 18, 2012 - Senator Durbin of Illinois tried to sneak the CRPD through the Senate by "Unanimous Consent," a measure that would sidestep the need for any debate or a vote. Senator Mike Lee of Utah stood up against the UC measure. See a video of Senator Lee's testimony here.

Read the letter of Senator Lee, complete with 36 signatures - enough to block treaty ratification.

September 22, 2012 - At approximately 4:30 a.m., the Senate went on recess until after the November 6 elections. 

November 26, 2012 - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid announced he plans to pursue a vote for cloture (to end discussion and move to a vote) on the CRPD.

November 27, 2012 The Senate voted 61-36 to enter into executive session to discuss Treaty 112-7, the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. After nearly 5 hours of discussion, however, proponents apparently still lacked the votes they were looking for and therefore did not apply for cloture. Discussion can continue at any time.

And this from Jodi180, in her Tids...  (You rock, girlfriend!)

Heritage Action: Make the Call: Stop This U.N. Treaty.  Having trouble viewing this email?
If you are reading this, you need to enable images in your email program. Press view images or display images.
Make the Call: Stop This U.N. Treaty
Jodi,

President Barack Obama and Senator Harry Reid are at it again.  On Tuesday, the Senate will vote on another United Nations treaty that harms American sovereignty.
>> Tell your Senators we don't need another UN treaty.
The so-called United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities would create a Geneva-based "committee of experts" that would intrude into policy matters wholly unrelated to disability rights.
>> Call now: tell your Senators to defend American sovereignty. 
In September, 36 Senators signed a letter promising to oppose any and all treaties during a lame-duck session of Congress.  Now, Harry Reid and special interest groups are mounting a campaign to force a handful of those Senators to break their promise.
Thank you in advance for taking the time and doing the hard work to protect America’s freedom.
Sincerely,

Russ Vought
Political Director
Heritage Action for America

John McCain is saying it isn't going to affect US sovereignty ... senile old fool! I've shared this info with everyone, but if you live in a state with a wobbly wepublican, please pester them. I doubt that any dem would cross party lines on this one so it's up to the grown ups to take charge.

The Senate voted 61-36 on the motion and three senators didn’t vote. Every Democratic senator voted for the treaty except one absent lawmaker while Republicans supplied several “Yes” votes for the Obama administration, including Ayotte (R-NH), Barrasso (R-WY), Brown (R-MA), Collins (R-ME), Lugar (R-IA), McCain (R-AZ), and Snowe (R-ME).

The only salvageable vote from this group is Ayotte......

I agree Tony, and I'm calling her today. I have learned to contact neighboring Senators since mine Are both typical NY liberals. Also tweeting this out!
Well said, Patriot, and so good to see you! I think I'll add Brown to my call list today. Can't hurt! Thanks for that info!

Hey P077.....good to see you!

And I agree.  These fine folks in DC tell us that these treaties are harmless.  Really?

Have they actually READ THEM?!  Or must they pass them to find out what's in them?

I'm calling Ayotte and Brown.

The Autism Foundation, and Wounded Veterans should be interested in this UN effort......   remember, it's all about "population control"!!!!  Eugenics, euthanasia, abortions, genocide, infanticide, internment....  are all designed to control populations and get rid of what they refer to as "undesirable".

Tony, those organizations should be all over this like we are! Good points. They think we have about seven times the sustainable (that word again) number of people.

Man....I need to keep up!

Any doubt you guys would be all over this?

Nope.

Let's hope we can make a difference on 'this one'.

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

BRING BACK #HUAC

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Watchman replied to Jerseygal's discussion Republicans, Remember 1998
"A couple of thoughts... One of the reasons why there was such a red wave in Florida, and one that…"
Nov 28, 2022
Jerseygal replied to Jerseygal's discussion Republicans, Remember 1998
"This is bit of a history lesson.  It’s worth noting that Trump was not the…"
Nov 9, 2022
Jerseygal posted a discussion
Nov 9, 2022
Jodi180 replied to Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
"No doubt!  Why weren't Republicans telling us about this?? "
Nov 8, 2022
kwicgov55 replied to Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
"Very good article Jodi. I did not know the control dems had over republicans when it came to voter…"
Nov 8, 2022
kwicgov55 liked Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
Nov 8, 2022
Jerseygal replied to Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
"Excellent piece, Jodi!  There was a lot of info in there I didn’t know. It’s a…"
Nov 7, 2022
Jerseygal liked Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
Nov 7, 2022
NativeCollector liked Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
Nov 7, 2022
Jodi180 posted a discussion

Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument

I read this article today by Mollie Hemingway at The Federalist.And after reading it, I…See More
Nov 4, 2022
NativeCollector liked Duke's discussion To all Californians, check this out.
Oct 1, 2022
Duke posted a discussion
Sep 23, 2022
Jerseygal replied to Duke's discussion Hitler reincarnated
"I agree, Duke!  That’s a disgusting speech!!!!  We ALL need to vote Republicans and…"
Sep 4, 2022
NativeCollector liked Duke's discussion Hitler reincarnated
Sep 3, 2022
Jerseygal liked Duke's discussion Hitler reincarnated
Sep 3, 2022
Jerseygal liked Jodi180's discussion Somebody Be In The Way!
Sep 3, 2022

© 2023   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service