We currently have 7,299 persons with disabilities and their families who have signed the petition to oppose the CRPD. Please pass this along and help us to meet our goal of 10,000 by Monday.

The link is https://www.thedatabank.com/dpg/385/personal2.asp?formid=CRPD_Fam or http://4pra.us_noCRPD/.

Views: 327

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Will be tweeting this out! The UN needs to leave their noses out of this country's business. They also need to be removed from our soil.  Thank you for posting!

Bringing this back to the front! Tweeting it out again.

Here is an update on this treaty UNCRPD via Michael Farris from facebook.  Please take the time and read.  Thank you.   It is vital that we understand what is happening with Parental Rights in the US.

• On Monday, November 26, at 4:30 p.m., Senator Mike Lee, Rick 
    Santorum, and I will hold a press conference concerning our efforts to stop US ratification of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. 

The Obama Administration is going to make a concerted effort to get this treaty ratified during the lame duck session of Congress—probably before December 4. 

The Obama Administration’s claim is that this treaty will not change the law of the United States but will only ensure that when disabled Americans travel abroad that they will enjoy the same handicapped access they have here. This is double nonsense. 

First, ratified treaties are a part of the highest law of the land. (Read Article VI of the Constitution). Treaties override all state laws—and give Congress new and expanded jurisdiction when the treaties touch on matters that used to be within the control of the states. 

Education laws—including homeschooling laws—are state laws. The treaty would override state laws on special needs issues concerning home schooling and would transfer all jurisdiction on this subject from the State to the federal government. And then the federal government would, in turn, be responsible to ensure that our law on this subject conforms to the standards of the UN.
    That is how treaties work (remember that I have an LLM in Public International Law from the University of London).

The UN CRPD gives the government the power and the duty to make best interest of the child determinations for the education of every child with disabilities or special needs. New Zealand (which has ratified the UN CRPD) has a feature in its home education law which perfectly reflects the standard of this treaty. Its law states that the government has the ability to deny homeschooling in every case where the officials, in their discretion, believe that it would be in the child’s best interest to be in the public school’s special education program.

If you want to give up your rights to make your own decisions for your child, then support this treaty. But if you, the parent, believe that you should make the decision as to what is best for your child then you need to strongly oppose this treaty and come help us stop it.

The second argument is even more fallacious. The US ratification of this treaty will have absolutely no effect on handicapped access for Americans when they travel abroad. 

I was recently in Berlin, Germany. There was no proper handicapped access for any bathroom in any restaurant that I visited—including the Burger King near a major tourist center. US ratification of this treaty won’t force Burger King to build more wheelchair ramps. Germany has already ratified this treaty and Burger King sees no need to build ramps. Why in the world would anyone think that German restaurants would comply with this treaty because the US government has ratified the treaty, when Germany’s ratification has produced no such effect?

Moreover, the idea that Americans will gain access when they are traveling but only if we ratify this treaty is nonsense. Would Burger King in Berlin say to an American in a wheelchair: “Sorry, your country hasn’t ratified this treaty so you can’t use our ramps”? Of course not. 

Americans should make the law for America. And parents, not government, should make education decisions for children.
    Both of these principles are under attack in this treaty. If you believe either or both of these principles please do two things:
    1. Pass this message on to as many people as possible.
    2. Call both of your US Senators on Monday and urge them to defeat the UN CRPD.

We will try to video tape the press conference and post a link here. 

Please call, like, and share this message.

Calling Gillibrand and Chuckyou Schumer on Monday, and tweeting this out!  (Maybe I'll call Pat Toomey.... I used to live in PA...)

Let's hope lots of people call their Senators on Monday.  They need to hear from us.  :)  Thanks for your support.  Have a great weekend!  Peace of Christ-Meredith

Getting it out again and again!

Senator Mike Lee (UT), Rick Santorum, and Mike Farris speak in DC against the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. The Senate will vote on this dangerous treaty on Wednesday. Please share this and call your senators and urge them to oppose this treaty. Visitwww.hslda.org/crpd for more info. — with Michael Farris.

MEDIA ALERT: Rick Santorum will be a guest on Piers Tonight at 9:05 PM ET to discuss the UN Disabilities Treaty (CRPD) and the fiscal cliff. Like and share!

Continued debate and discussion on ratifying the UNCRPD at 10am this morning on CSPAN2.  Please continue to stand up against this treaty.  Call your senators!  Tweet them!  Email them.  Thank you for your support.  Peace of Christ-Meredith

Tweeting this out, and keeping it up top, Meredith!

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

BRING BACK #HUAC

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Watchman replied to Jerseygal's discussion Republicans, Remember 1998
"A couple of thoughts... One of the reasons why there was such a red wave in Florida, and one that…"
Nov 28, 2022
Jerseygal replied to Jerseygal's discussion Republicans, Remember 1998
"This is bit of a history lesson.  It’s worth noting that Trump was not the…"
Nov 9, 2022
Jerseygal posted a discussion
Nov 9, 2022
Jodi180 replied to Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
"No doubt!  Why weren't Republicans telling us about this?? "
Nov 8, 2022
kwicgov55 replied to Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
"Very good article Jodi. I did not know the control dems had over republicans when it came to voter…"
Nov 8, 2022
kwicgov55 liked Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
Nov 8, 2022
Jerseygal replied to Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
"Excellent piece, Jodi!  There was a lot of info in there I didn’t know. It’s a…"
Nov 7, 2022
Jerseygal liked Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
Nov 7, 2022
NativeCollector liked Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
Nov 7, 2022
Jodi180 posted a discussion

Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument

I read this article today by Mollie Hemingway at The Federalist.And after reading it, I…See More
Nov 4, 2022
NativeCollector liked Duke's discussion To all Californians, check this out.
Oct 1, 2022
Duke posted a discussion
Sep 23, 2022
Jerseygal replied to Duke's discussion Hitler reincarnated
"I agree, Duke!  That’s a disgusting speech!!!!  We ALL need to vote Republicans and…"
Sep 4, 2022
NativeCollector liked Duke's discussion Hitler reincarnated
Sep 3, 2022
Jerseygal liked Duke's discussion Hitler reincarnated
Sep 3, 2022
Jerseygal liked Jodi180's discussion Somebody Be In The Way!
Sep 3, 2022

© 2023   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service