Of Course Ted Cruz can Win

Ted Cruz of Course He Can Win
For months, we’ve been saying that Ted Cruz is the most qualified and ideologically sounds candidate in the GOP field. We said he could win the nomination and the general election. For the first time, we’re actually starting to believe what we’ve been preaching.

It’s been a very tough eight years. The last seven have been tough for an obvious reason, but the year before President Obama was elected, it was hard for us as well. We watched as the conservative side of the Republican party continuously got pushed aside. It wasn’t just that the Republican Establishment had pre-selected John McCain as their champion. It was that the conservatives in the race weren’t really all that conservative and proved to be poor campaigners. Then, 2011/12 came around and we had a worse time. Mitt Romney was the chosen one, but it was worse than the previous election because a handful of true conservatives were pushed aside even more forcefully than ever before. The Republican Establishment had their way again.

I vividly remember vowing to fight with every fiber of my life that I could dedicate to finding and assisting the right conservative to pick up the Ronald Reagan mantle that has been left dormant since 1989. I wasn’t going to accept another Romney or McCain. This time, we were going to make a case for the best conservative in the field.

That conservative turned out to be Ted Cruz and I was terrified. On one hand, it seemed that he wasn’t just the best conservative this cycle. He was showing signs of greatness and political fortitude that would make him the best conservative in decades. On the other hand, he was already receiving enough press from both sides of the aisle to indicate that he really didn’t have a chance. We said he could win as early as June. We started believing it was possible in September. Now that we’re on the cusp of December, we’re realizing that he absolutely has a chance to win, not because of the famously brilliant campaign management that his team is doing or the infrastructure he’s put into place. It isn’t just having the most cash on hand or fairing very well with the Super PAC donations.

We believe because Republicans are starting to believe. I believe he can win because the narrative about him is turning in the right direction. From left-wing mainstream media, he’s suddenly getting the brunt of the attacks. That’s a great sign because it means they’re scared. On the right, many who thought it was impossible are starting to come around. That’s even more promising because a Ted Cruz campaign with the support of conservative media is the most powerful political campaign force the Republicans have put up since swift boats.

There is a long way to go until the general election, but if things continue to go well for Cruz, he’s the best chance the Republicans have of beating Donald Trump and then Hillary Clinton. This time, it won’t matter who the Republican Establishment crowns. Conservatives are showing that they have the power to make America truly great again.

http://conservativehaven.com/of-course-ted-cruz-can-win/

Views: 188

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Another good article on Cruz! 

Exclusive–Bozell: It’s Time To Rally Around Ted Cruz

It is time for conservatives to rally around Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX).

By now, the reasons should be clear.

There are a number of quality conservatives running for president. Senator Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) offers some good things but he’s running as moderate to get the Chamber of Commerce support and money. We don’t need Bush Lite.  Ben Carson is a good man, but his campaign has run its course. Senator Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) has been a strong fighter for conservative causes, but the numbers just aren’t there for him. Ditto Carly Fiorina, Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum.

Ted Cruz is surging.  He’s on top in Iowa. He’s gaining ground everywhere else. He has organizations in place in every state that matters.  He’s raised more money than anyone except Jeb Bush.

There’s a reason for this. Conservatives nationally are seeing that he’s the one candidate who is going to return this country to her Constitutional foundations and Judeo—Christian values.

On every issue of crucial importance to conservatives—defunding Planned Parenthood, ending the Obamacare nightmare, reducing the size of government, opposing amnesty—Cruz is not only with conservatives, he’s led the fight for conservatives.

Some Republicans vote the right way on these issues. Few stick their necks out and challenge the Washington DC GOP establishment. He’s done it over and over, fearlessly. It’s what leaders do.

Some say him constantly doing this makes Cruz one of the most reviled men in Washington.

It’s hard to imagine a more prestigious title. America is fed up with the establishment in Washington, especially the Republican leadership that constantly flat-out lies to voters promising an agenda they have no intention of honoring.

Ted Cruz could play that game too. Life would be easy. But he came to Washington to change Washington. He’s the one candidate the establishment most fears – because he will.

My friend Richard Viguerie always asks an important question when it comes to a candidate claiming to be a conservative, which they all do because they cannot be elected without conservatives.  Does he walk with us? Where was he or she before the campaign? Were they regulars at our meetings and conferences? Were they helping conservative candidates, organizations, causes?

Or are they conveniently “conservatives” now because they need us?

Ted Cruz has been a part of the movement since the start of his career in Texas. No other candidate – none – can say this.

Ronald Reagan was with us decades before he was elected president.  He shared our cause not just politically, not just philosophically, but in his heart. For that he was despised by the establishment of both parties. He was undeterred. He ran for the presidency not be president but to change the world. And did.

But can he win?

There’s nothing the Left would like more than to see Donald Trump win the GOP nomination. He cannot, will not defeat Hillary Clinton. She will be our next president, and God help us then.

Only Ted Cruz can defeat Trump; and if he does, he’ll defeat Hillary.

The Left knows this reality too. This is why the vicious, personal attacks against Cruz are underway. He’s been through this before, and all the establishment-led character assassination attempts in the past have failed. This time they will be more malicious than ever.

Make no mistake: Cruz isn’t just surging right now—he’s winning the Republican primary. As political analyst Nomiki Konst observed at The Hill, “All the focused polls in early primary states this week show Cruz’s momentum growing, a reflection of his formulaic long-term strategy centered on fundraising, investment in ground game across the country, key endorsements and messaging to a coalition of conservative voters.”

Konst adds, “Hyper-disciplined, Cruz’s multifaceted strategy — a formula of raising and saving cash, prioritizing field over media, focusing on evangelicals and anti-establishment conservatives — has solidified support across all primary states. And in coming weeks, as candidates fade, expect Trump’s tirades to continue, and watch as Cruz quietly capitalizes.”

It’s time for every conservative leader to stand and be counted.

It’s time for the movement to rally around Ted Cruz, to make him the next president of the United States.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/24/its-time-to-rall...

This is the most heartening thing I have read so far!  And I believe it, because it's blindingly obvious that Ted Cruz is indeed a walk-the-walk conservative, not a go-along-get-along Washington drone.  The recent flap about his support vel non for the ill-fated amnesty bill brought to light just how he fought off the plan to import Democrat voters to the country.  And it was brilliant.  And it succeeded.  

He actually does remind me of that amiable dunce, Ronald Reagan, in that the persona he presents - sort of a mincing do-gooder - is likely to put off the ruler elites.  Good.  They won't know what hit 'em this time either.

Hi Eloise,

My expectation is that if Cruz does indeed win Iowa that you will see a considerable shift of support towards him.  That is what happened when he ran in Texas.  Many thought he couldn't win until that race went to a runoff bid.  Once people saw that he could win, he gained 15 points of support literally overnight which eventually led to his victory.

God bless.

It's looking more and more like Cruz is going to win Iowa! As everyone keeps dismissing him, he is rising in all the early states. He leads Trump in Iowa in quite a few polls. One by at least 10 points! 

Ted Cruz Issues Huge Statement on What the Bible Says About Killing Muslims… This Is Brutal

Sen. Ted Cruz said that he would not be violating his Christian faith if he followed through on his vow to “carpet bomb” Islamic State group militants — a statement that’s sure to upset liberals across the country.

The Texas Republican and presidential candidate told Newsmax Wednesday: ”Let’s be clear, the Bible says, ‘Thou shalt not murder,’ which is different from ‘Thou shalt not kill.'”

“Defending yourself is an obligation of any president. It is not murder,” Cruz added in the interview with Ed Berliner on “The Hard Line.”

Cruz pointed out that while America killed Nazis in World War II, it wasn’t murder.

“When you have the face of evil that has declared war … then it is the essence of duty to defend your nation, to defend the innocent,” he said. “When it comes to jihadists, they have declared war on us, and that’s what President Obama and Hillary Clinton refuse to acknowledge.”

The leader of the United States should fight radical Islam the same way President Ronald Reagan fought the Soviets when bringing an end to the Cold War, Cruz said. Reagan aimed his foreign policy around the notion of defeating communism — a strategy of “we win, they lose.”

Reagan “championed tax reform and regulatory reform,” Cruz said, which “unchained the American economy.” The economic growth that resulted from from his reform allowed the former president to rebuild the military and challenge Soviet communism “on every front, strategically we bankrupted the Soviet Union and won the Cold War.”

This is the kind of leadership America needs at a time when terrorists show no fear. Our leader needs to be aggressive and principled when taking on the Islamic State group, and the last thing he should worry about is offending anyone in the process.

And this is exactly what the White House lacks under the current administration.

http://conservativetribune.com/ted-cruz-bible-killing-muslims/?utm_...

Why the Establishment Fears Cruz More Than Trump

Republican presidential candidate, Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas

Read these two quotes carefully: The first: “Cruz cannot win because the Washington elites despise him.” The second goes: “[T]here are a lot of good candidates – I like nearly all of them… …except Cruz.” Which one of the similar quotes is from a pro-Cruz Super PAC and which is from a former Republican nominee for president? 

The first quote is from an ad from Keep the Promise I, a Cruz Super PAC.  The second is from Bob Dole, the 1996 Republican nominee and war hero, who got trounced by Bill Clinton. Both purport to highlight a negative of Senator Cruz, but do they really?

The establishment keeps telling the voters how awful these two candidates are, but that just makes the voters gravitate to them even more. 

The answer is hidden in an examination of the conservative insurgency in Massachusetts, of all places.  Five years ago this very week, things were starting to turn around for then-State Senator Scott Brown (R–MA).

Knowing how much of a train wreck RomneyCare had become, the voters of Massachusetts were drawn to Brown’s singular campaign message: “I will be the 41st vote to stop Obamacare.”  Attorney General Martha Coakley’s team misread the electorate and put out ads that in effect said, “If you elect Scott Brown you will stop the president from giving healthcare to millions of Americans.” Two different candidates, same message, and we all know who won that race.

That same dynamic is playing out in the presidential race this year; be it with Donald Trump or Ted Cruz.  The establishment keeps telling the voters how awful these two candidates are, but that just makes the voters gravitate to them even more. 

Nowhere is this playing out more clearly than in Iowa where a series of establishment allies are swinging hard at Cruz in advertisements and mailers. All of this comes as Cruz further cements his lead in the state. On Christmas, CNN reported that a collection of five independent groups, aligned with the establishment and Mike Huckabee have begun attacks on Cruz in Iowa.

The attacks are being spearheaded by two people with ties to the establishment: Nick Ryan, who is an establishment activist in Iowa, and Sean Noble, another establishment hack who is backing Rubio.  Mark Levin wrote of Noble’s Alinsky-like tactics back in November.  Regarding Noble’s attacks on Cruz’s vote for the America Freedom ActConservative Review’s own Daniel Horowitz said: “Mr. Noble worked for Sen. Jeff Flake who also voted for the Freedom Act.  I guess his boss and all of Rubio’s backers are also weak on national security.”  Noble boasts, on his own website, of his ties to the “elite” of the party. He says “…or nearly 20 years, a pretty elite cast of characters has been doing just that [paying attention to Noble].”

Ryan is a longstanding force in Iowa politics, allied with the moderate Governor Branstad.  On his website, Ryan describes himself as having investments in renewable energy—i.e. ethanol—in Iowa.  Ted Cruz is very much against ethanol mandates. 

When you scratch under the hood of the attacks on Cruz, and ask why they are more pointed than the attacks on Trump, a common theme begins to emerge.  That is self-interest.  It can be as plain as someone who has financial stakes in ethanol running ads against an anti-ethanol candidate, or it can be more complex, like with Noble—someone trying to hold onto the power they’ve carved out in the political industrial complex.  Therein lies the real truth of why the attacks are stronger against Cruz than Trump, even though they really aren’t working against either candidate.

Trump is a dealmaker running a campaign as a disrupter to the status quo.  Cruz is a proven disrupter to the status quo. That is a very big difference indeed.

The political industrial complex believes deep down that they can negotiate with the author of The Art of the Deal; they know they will lose the levers of power with Ted Cruz.  You can see it in the voracity and frequency of their attacks. 

The establishment consultants and chattering class know they have the most to lose with a Cruz presidency.  What do they lose with a Cruz presidency? The very levers of power by which they enrich themselves: the Republican Party apparatus. 

It goes much deeper than Cruz holding the reins of the executive branch. With a President Cruz, the positions of the self-described elite within the GOP power structure are in jeopardy.   As much as the establishment screams electability from the rooftops, deep down they know that Cruz can and will win in 2016 if nominated.  That is an existential threat to business as usual and the ruling class itself.

Rule #1 of the political industrial complex is: maintain power at all cost, even if it means torpedoing an electable conservative like Cruz.  Here is how it would play out badly for them were Cruz the nominee:

Cruz is the larger threat to establishment because, if he wins, they lose all the levers of power. McConnell and his allies would be tossed out of organizations such as the Republican National Committee, National Republican Senatorial Committee, National Republican Congressional Committee, etc...  If history is any guide, the sitting president of a political party has a large leeway in choosing those in key power positions.  That puts the earning potential and power of the current political industrial complex in complete jeopardy.

That is why, come January, the establishment will continue to turn all their guns on Cruz because they would rather Trump win the nomination and lose to Hillary than for Ted Cruz to have a chance of being president.  If that happened they would attempt to blame a Trump loss on the Tea Party, and keep their cushy jobs.  As Cruz inevitably gains on Trump, the establishment will go after Cruz 110%, even if they are currently waging a rhetorical war on Trump. 

As the calendar turns to 2016, and the political industrial complex realizes they can’t field a winning candidate on their own, they will increasingly turn their fire on Cruz over Trump.  When they do so, be very aware that it isn’t for the “good of the country” or even because of “electability.”  It pretty much boils down to what they have to do to keep food on their tables and their pockets lined.

A very powerful motivator indeed.  

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2015/12/why-the-estab...

Thanks, Robin.  Very informative.

You're welcome, JB! :)

Of course Ted can win!!

I'll be wearing my Christmas present to an Iowa campaign stop at a friend's restaurant on Monday.

(jealous, Robin? :)

Yesterday, I was "Cruz-talking" and a couple friends asked, "who?"  (sigh)

Hope to have some photos from the event.

Nice Cruz hoodie, Jodi!

Wearing the hoodie AND going to a see him in person too!

YES, I'M JEALOUS! LOL

I can't wait to see some pics from the event!   :)

I got a text from my friend in Exira...Cruz stop cancelled.  Damn.

Oh boy, that stinks, Jodi.  I was looking forward to hearing about it from you and seeing some pictures. Darn it! :(

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

AGENDA 21/2030

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

NativeCollector replied to Lynn Rackoski's discussion Former FBI Director Robert Mueller, special counsel will take over FBI Russia campaign interference investigation
"There are quite a few stories out there about the Democrats walking back the impeachment talk.…"
7 hours ago
NativeCollector replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Seth Rich, the murdered DNC staffer, was the source of Wikileaks revelations..NOT the Russians
"I found this while looking for something else.…"
7 hours ago
NativeCollector replied to Lynn Rackoski's discussion Former FBI Director Robert Mueller, special counsel will take over FBI Russia campaign interference investigation
"I heard someone say that the Dems are starting to back-pedal on the impeachment."
7 hours ago
Jerseygal replied to Robin's discussion Trump's Middle East Trip..... Trump becomes first sitting US president to visit Western Wall
"I'm seeing more seeds of a peace deal, as I said yesterday. Next up, the Pope. I'm liking…"
7 hours ago
Jerseygal replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Seth Rich, the murdered DNC staffer, was the source of Wikileaks revelations..NOT the Russians
"^^^^^ Just a little too coincidental ^^^^^^^"
7 hours ago
Jerseygal replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Seth Rich, the murdered DNC staffer, was the source of Wikileaks revelations..NOT the Russians
8 hours ago
Jerseygal liked Fundamental Refounding's discussion Seth Rich, the murdered DNC staffer, was the source of Wikileaks revelations..NOT the Russians
8 hours ago
Fundamental Refounding replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Seth Rich, the murdered DNC staffer, was the source of Wikileaks revelations..NOT the Russians
"Gingrich Pushes Seth Rich Assassination Reality on Fox News In recent weeks, the Washington soap…"
8 hours ago
Fundamental Refounding posted a discussion

Seth Rich, the murdered DNC staffer, was the source of Wikileaks revelations..NOT the Russians

In a stunning development over the weekend, internet personality and blogger “KimDotcom” is…See More
8 hours ago
Robin replied to Lynn Rackoski's discussion Former FBI Director Robert Mueller, special counsel will take over FBI Russia campaign interference investigation
"Great way to put it, JB! They are starting to let them down easily."
8 hours ago
Robin replied to Robin's discussion Trump's Middle East Trip..... Trump becomes first sitting US president to visit Western Wall
"Netanyahu: For The First Time in My Lifetime, There Is Hope For Change and Realistic…"
8 hours ago
Robin replied to NativeCollector's discussion Here's how to let the president know you have his back
"Will get this out, Native! "
9 hours ago
Robin liked NativeCollector's discussion Here's how to let the president know you have his back
9 hours ago
JeansBrother replied to Lynn Rackoski's discussion Former FBI Director Robert Mueller, special counsel will take over FBI Russia campaign interference investigation
"We all know what happens when you "pop the top" on a pressure cooker instead of releasing…"
9 hours ago
JeansBrother replied to Robin's discussion This Looks Like A Coup Attempt In Progress Against Trump... Resistance Summer.. Deep State and more
"Good for Marco!"
9 hours ago
Robin posted a discussion

Trump's Middle East Trip..... Trump becomes first sitting US president to visit Western Wall

Jerusalem (AFP) - Donald Trump on Monday became the first sitting US president to visit the Western…See More
9 hours ago

TRAFFIC

© 2017   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service