Fundamental Refounding

~ Where the Sun Will Never Set on Our liberty ~

Judge Recuses in Michael Flynn case. Flynn’s sentencing judge mysteriously recuses w/out explanation, replaced with a Clinton appointee.

Judge recuses in Michael Flynn case

The former Trump national security adviser will be sentenced by Clinton appointee Emmet Sullivan.

President Donald Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael Flynn, will face a different judge to be sentenced than the one who took Flynn’s guilty plea to a felony false statement charge last week, court records show.

Judge Emmet Sullivan was randomly assigned to take over the case after Judge Rudolph Contreras recused himself.

A court spokeswoman confirmed to POLITICO that the reassignment of the case was due to Contreras' recusal, but did not immediately respond to a query about the reason.

Sullivan is an appointee of President Bill Clinton, while Contreras was appointed by President Barack Obama.

Flynn pleaded guilty last Friday to a false statement charge brought by prosecutors from the office of special counsel Robert Mueller, who is investigating whether there was collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

The retired Army lieutenant general and Defense Intelligence Agency director, who was fired after just 24 days as national security adviser in the Trump White House, admitted he lied to FBI agents about his interactions with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak during the transition and lied to the Justice Department about his lobbying dealings related to Turkey.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/07/michael-flynn-judge-sente...

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What DIRTY games are they playing now????

Ruthie, It's nothing but dirty corrupt games. Unreal.

I'm with Ruthann.  What's going on here?

Does anyone know...must the reason for recusal be revealed?  All I could find is:

Grounds for Recusal

Motions to recuse or disqualify judges and other adjudicators have been made for all sorts of reasons.  Most commonly such motions are predicated upon a claim that the judge is biased in favor of one party, or against another, or that a reasonable objective observer would think he might be.  But such motions are also made on many other grounds, including the challenged judge’s:

• Interest in the subject matter, or relationship with someone who is interested in it
  • Background or experience, such as the judge’s prior work as a lawyer
  •           Personal knowledge about the parties or the facts of the case
  • Ex parte communications with lawyers or non-lawyers
  • Rulings, comments or conduct

In some jurisdictions the ability of a judge to recuse himself is constrained by the so-called “duty to sit doctrine”.  According to this doctrine, unless a judge is required by law to disqualify himself he cannot simply choose to recuse himself, but must remain on the case.

In most American jurisdictions a judge may only be disqualified “for cause.”  In other words, a person who would like a new judge to preside over her case is required to show either that a basis for disqualification exists that is expressly enumerated in A disqualification statute; or that, for some other reason, a reasonable person would question the judge’s ability to be impartial in the case.  But many (mostly western and mid-western) jurisdictions have laws on the books which authorize parties to seek disqualification on a “peremptory” basis, without making any showing of cause.  This is referred to as “peremptory disqualification,” or making a “peremptory challenge” .  In such jurisdictions, as long as the challenge is timely filed, and the prescribed procedure is complied with, the judge has no discretion to determine whether he should recuse himself; rather, he is disqualified automatically.

http://www.judicialrecusal.com/grounds-for-recusal/

"...while Contreras was appointed by President Barack Obama..."

I wonder what Contreras knows that caused his recusal.

No need to wonder, JB:

Judge Who Presided Over Michael Flynn’s Case and Recused Himself — IS OBAMA APPOINTEE WHO ALSO SITS ON FISA COURT!

Judge Rudolph Contreras was appointed to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISA) court in 2016.

Every single judge on the FISA court as of today was appointed during Barack Obama’s presidency.

Five of the current eleven judges on the court are scheduled to be on the court for President Trump’s entire first term with six of the judges’ terms expiring before January 2021.  Seven of the judges are scheduled into the year 2020.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/12/judge-presided-michael-flyn...

Great find!

Absolutely.  Now we know that Contreras and other FISA judges are part of the swamp.  I hope someone begins collecting the information needed to impeach a few of them.

Ahhh,there it is! These people make me sick.

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

BRING BACK #HUAC

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Herb replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Gina Haspel Sworn In As CIA Director.... Thanks President Trump For The Confidence He Has Placed In Her
"I think she was a good choice, for a few reasons.  The obvious is qualifications.  Even…"
4 hours ago
Herb liked Fundamental Refounding's discussion Gina Haspel Sworn In As CIA Director.... Thanks President Trump For The Confidence He Has Placed In Her
4 hours ago
Herb liked Fundamental Refounding's discussion 5/18/18 TOP TIDS Spinning a Crossfire Hurricane: The Times on the FBI‟s Trump Investigation By Andrew C. McCarthy
4 hours ago
Herb liked Jerseygal's discussion New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem
4 hours ago
Jerseygal replied to Robin's discussion *Petition* Bring Back The #HUAC... House Un-American Activities Committee ..
"And now, the generic response as a staffer checks into my party affiliation.... Thank You for…"
5 hours ago
Jerseygal replied to Jerseygal's discussion New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem
"I did read where overall viewership was declining over the last few years, but the kneeling…"
13 hours ago
JeansBrother replied to Jerseygal's discussion New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem
"Loss of revenue must have gotten their attention.  I am sure it wasn't loyalty to America…"
14 hours ago
JeansBrother replied to Robin's discussion *Petition* Bring Back The #HUAC... House Un-American Activities Committee ..
"LOL!!!!!"
14 hours ago
Robin replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion 5/18/18 TOP TIDS Spinning a Crossfire Hurricane: The Times on the FBI‟s Trump Investigation By Andrew C. McCarthy
"Boy oh boy, we sure did have our eyes opened, Kwic! I remember telling Rick after Obama had been in…"
15 hours ago
Jerseygal posted a discussion

New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem

Apparently the vote was unanimous among owners,  with San Fran 49ers’ owner abstainingNew policy…See More
15 hours ago
Jerseygal replied to Robin's discussion *Petition* Bring Back The #HUAC... House Un-American Activities Committee ..
"Perfect....I should have said they forget ‘for whom they are supposed to work!’"
15 hours ago
JeansBrother replied to Robin's discussion *Petition* Bring Back The #HUAC... House Un-American Activities Committee ..
""They quickly forget for whom they work!" I disagree.  They work for those who got…"
16 hours ago
Robin replied to Robin's discussion *Petition* Bring Back The #HUAC... House Un-American Activities Committee ..
"Thank you so much, JG! Share with everyone you know. I sent it to Rep Steven King of Iowa. He and…"
17 hours ago
"Ever wonder, JB, why millions are spent to get someone elected to an office that pays under $200k…"
17 hours ago
"Done! Thanks for posting it Robin! "
17 hours ago
Jerseygal liked Robin's discussion *Petition* Bring Back The #HUAC... House Un-American Activities Committee ..
17 hours ago

TRAFFIC

© 2018   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service