I FEEL BETRAYED - Ted Cruz: 'I will vote for the Republican nominee, Donald Trump'

Ted Cruz: 'I will vote for the Republican nominee, Donald Trump'

Oliver Darcy

Sen. Ted Cruz announced on Friday that he would vote for Donald Trump — a shocking political move for the Texas senator, who threw subtle mud on the Republican nominee at the GOP convention and spent months on the campaign trail sharply criticizing him as unfit to serve as president.

"After many months of careful consideration, of prayer and searching my own conscience, I have decided that on Election Day, I will vote for the Republican nominee, Donald Trump," Cruz wrote in a lengthy Facebook post.

Cruz said he made his decision for two reasons: "First, last year, I promised to support the Republican nominee. And I intend to keep my word. Second, even though I have had areas of significant disagreement with our nominee, by any measure Hillary Clinton is wholly unacceptable — that's why I have always been #NeverHillary."

The Texas senator said the country "is in crisis" and characterized Clinton, the Democratic presidential nominee, as "manifestly unfit to be president."

"Donald Trump is the only thing standing in her way," he wrote. "And if you don't want to see a Hillary Clinton presidency, I encourage you to vote for him."

News that Cruz would offer support for Trump was first reported by Politico earlier in the day.

Conservative talk show host Steve Deace, who backed Cruz during the primaries, called the move the "worst political calculation I've ever witnessed."

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Ruthie!

I was scanning twitter earlier to see the reaction to the endorsement and it's all over the map. Some are furious, some are glad that Cruz did this and others are going bats**t crazy! The WORST thing that people can do is tell anyone that had supported Ted Cruz is to "suck it up". I saw a lot of that going on and I let one guy have it for doing that! NOT a very smart thing to do if you're trying to gain Cruz peoples votes for Trump. They need to knock it the hell off, NOW!!!!!!!!!! Period! That is NO WAY to gain votes. 

I now think Trump will beat Hillary. If Hillary wins we can kiss the 2nd amendment goodbye. We can kiss the Supreme Court goodbye for decades. That I know for sure.

I don't know what Trump will do. No one does yet.  

I will just continue to pray for our country and pray Trump does the right things and appoints the right people!

I will not vote for either of the two morons running for President. Since I no longer can trust Cruz to keep his word I won't write in his name. Therefore I will not vote for President in November. To H~ll with them all!

I was pretty shocked myself, Ruth! 

I'm confused.  Cruz pledged to support the Republican nominee.  He just confirmed he will, even though he disagrees with him in a lot of areas.  Isn't that keeping his word?  BTW, I was a big Cruz supporter, too and genuinely disliked Trump.  However, I agree with Ted.  Trump is the only way to stop Hillary.  So I will swallow my distaste and vote for him.  Anyone, even Trump, just HAS to be better than Hillary.

Here's what Mark Levin thinks of Ted Cruz endorsing Trump

Friday evening, Conservative Review Editor-in-Chief Mark Levin commented on the big news of the day, Senator Ted Cruz’s endorsement of Donald Trump.

Levin read Cruz’s statement on the air along with the statement in response released by the Trump campaign.

Listen: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/09/heres-what-ma...

I think this is a good thing, and he's right.

I voted for Trump in the priamry. No one's conscience is any mor righteous than mine, but regardless, it's not about me and my conscience.

The people over at TRS are pretty upset about it. I don't know, it doesn't seem to bother me as much. I still like Cruz, regardless of who he votes for. He's one of the few Conservatives in Washington fighting for us. I haven't heard anyone else in DC trying to stop Obama from giving the internet away, for example. So I don't see any reason to throw the baby out with the bath water. There is never going to be a perfect politician, and sooner or later they all disappoint. You just have to weigh the good against the bad.

As for me I teeter between NeverTrump and ReluctantTrump, another words I'm just UndecidedTrump. I STILL don't know what I am going to do.

I look at it this way.  Everything is a choice.  When I go to vote, there will four names on the ballot.  That gives me five choices - one of the names, or none of the names.  That's when I'm thinking about myself.  When I think about the country, I look at who is viable as a winner, that holds at least some of my beliefs.  When I think about the country, there is only one good choice.  

A friend said, and she's right.......God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.  I'm not in any way trying to deify Trump, but many have deified Ted Cruz, and he has proven himself quite human.  That, IMO, partly explains the anger some currently feel toward him.  

I was kind of shocked but I am not upset with him. I understand why. Hillary will finish what Obama started. We can say goodbye to the Supreme Court right away and our 2nd amendment!

Trump is a question mark. No one knows how things will go. All I can do is pray he does the right things. Appoints good people to positions. Appoints conservative justices. If he follows through on most of what he has been saying lately, I will be thankful. Time will tell.  

It's all good. I'll refrain from typing what I really think about this.

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

AGENDA 21/2030

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Ruthann liked Robin's blog post Calif. Lady Moves to Red State, Suddenly Sends Unexpected Message to Lib Friends Back Home
3 hours ago
JeansBrother replied to Robin's discussion How Prepared Are You? Just Enough...Ready For Almost Anything.. or... See You When the Dust Settles.
"I'm glad we still have a few fighters left in America."
4 hours ago
Robin replied to Robin's discussion How Prepared Are You? Just Enough...Ready For Almost Anything.. or... See You When the Dust Settles.
"If anything major happens, I won't be leaving my house. I am a "see you when the dust…"
5 hours ago
Robin replied to JeansBrother's discussion Heritage Foundation -- Member Briefing 9/22/2017
"The GOP swamp critters will do everything they can to obstruct this administration. I don't…"
5 hours ago
Robin liked JeansBrother's discussion Heritage Foundation -- Member Briefing 9/22/2017
5 hours ago
Robin replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Sen. John McCain a 'No' On Graham-Cassidy
"He should go. Nothing but a leftie in sheeps clothing. "
5 hours ago
Robin replied to JeansBrother's discussion NRA-ILA GRASSROOTS VOLUME 24, NUMBER 38
"Thanks for posting, JB! Tweeting it out to the masses"
5 hours ago
Robin liked JeansBrother's discussion NRA-ILA GRASSROOTS VOLUME 24, NUMBER 38
5 hours ago
JeansBrother posted discussions
yesterday
JeansBrother replied to Robin's discussion How Prepared Are You? Just Enough...Ready For Almost Anything.. or... See You When the Dust Settles.
"Interesting summary.  I suggest that the best survival posture involves what you can carry on…"
yesterday
Rick posted a discussion

Iran releases video of new ballistic missile being test-fired

Iran’s state media showed video Friday of the successful test-launch of a new ballistic missile…See More
yesterday
Robin posted discussions
yesterday
kwicgov55 liked Rahthrae (Admin.)'s discussion Simple Creation of a Personal Portable Microgrid
Saturday
JeansBrother replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Sen. John McCain a 'No' On Graham-Cassidy
"Now, now.  John McCain is a principled man.  He always acts on his principles when they…"
Saturday
Lynn Rackoski replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Sen. John McCain a 'No' On Graham-Cassidy
"McCain is a vile critter. "
Saturday
Lynn Rackoski liked Fundamental Refounding's discussion Sen. John McCain a 'No' On Graham-Cassidy
Saturday

TRAFFIC

© 2017   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service