Hundreds of VA officials fired since Trump's inauguration #Veteran #VA

A sign marks the entrance to the Edward Hines Jr. VA Hospital on May 30, 2014 in the Chicago suburb of Hines, Illinois. The hospital was linked to allegations that administrators kept secret waiting lists at VA hospitals so executives could collect bonuses linked to meeting standards for rapid treatment.

The Department of Veterans Affairs announced today that more than 500 officials have been fired for misconduct since President Trump took office earlier this year, according to data posted online.

In an effort for more transparency and accountability within the VA, Secretary of Veterans Affairs David J. Shulkin announced that a public list of employee "accountability actions" will be posted online and updated weekly.

The list outlines a total of 747 disciplinary actions including 526 employees who were fired since January 20. The actions affected a myriad of positons ranging from a tractor operator to VA attorneys.The list does not include employee names due to privacy reasons but does note the employee's position and VA region.

"Veterans and taxpayers have a right to know what we're doing to hold our employees accountable and make our personnel actions transparent," Secretary Shulkin said in a statement.

This announcement comes less than a month after President Trump signed the Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act which strengthened the ability of Secretary Shulkin to discipline VA officials. President Trump said that previous laws "…kept the government from holding those who failed our veterans accountable."  

In addition to publishing the list of accountability actions, Shulkin said in a press release that he is requiring approval by a senior official of any monetary settlement with an employee over the amount of $5,000.

The Veterans of Foreign Wars praised this new VA decision and said the organization is "…very, very hopeful that the Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act will continue to heal the VA, which will definitely help restore the faith of veterans in their VA."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hundreds-of-va-officials-fired-since-tr...

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good start!

Draining the swamp...

They need to do this for ALL government agencies, not just the VA! 

I suspect we'll be hearing about just that, Robin. I can't see Trump just setting his sights on only one agency. At least that's my fervent hope...

I believe you are right about that, Bruce! About time for all of this nonsense to stop. Now, people will be held accountable for their actions. I know I was held accountable at work. Officers lives depended on me doing my job correctly.  

Trump is smart. He will demonstrate proof-of-concept with the VA where there is little political resistance.  Then, after the principle has been proven, he will pull the plug on the rest of the swamp.

I can't wait for that slug plug to be pulled, JB.

Good to hear. 500 down, and many more to go.

Isn't it lovely, Kwic? I love it, love it, love it. 

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

AGENDA 21/2030

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Robin posted a discussion

The Scarlet Zero- MACRA’s MIPS Completes Government Takeover of Medicine via @kksheld Please take 2 minutes to read.

Please take the time to read this article and share it with all of your contacts.This was written…See More
9 hours ago
JeansBrother replied to JeansBrother's discussion OFA on the Census and Redistricting
"It seems that it is easier to hate and destroy than to create and build.  I remember the story…"
10 hours ago
Robin replied to Susan Taylor's discussion Las Vegas shooting: At least 59 dead in massacre Trump calls 'act of pure evil'
"Anyone notice that this has slipped from the news? Why? This thing stinks to high heaven. "
10 hours ago
Robin replied to Jodi180's discussion The Real Russian Scandal
"Panama Papers Reveal Clinton’s Kremlin Connection John and Tony Podesta aren’t fooling…"
10 hours ago
"Obama DOJ threatened FBI informant if he spoke to congress regarding his knowledge of the Uranium…"
10 hours ago
"Emails Reveal Bill Clinton Met With Vladimir Putin Just Before Uranium One Deal If President Trump…"
10 hours ago
"Robert Mueller Was FBI Director at Time of Russia Uranium Sale Cover-Up Robert Mueller, who is the…"
10 hours ago
"Sen. Grassley Probes ‘Conflicts of Interest’ with Russia Senator Chuck Grassley is…"
10 hours ago
"HANNITY: New Evidence Proves Clinton-Russia Collusion   Speaking during his opening…"
10 hours ago
"Hiya, Jodi! Thanks for posting this. This is HUGE! I'm going to transfer a bunch of articles…"
10 hours ago
Robin liked Jodi180's discussion The Real Russian Scandal
11 hours ago
Robin replied to JeansBrother's discussion OFA on the Census and Redistricting
"They NEVER give up, do they, JB? "
11 hours ago
Robin liked JeansBrother's discussion OFA on the Census and Redistricting
11 hours ago
Robin replied to Lynn Rackoski's discussion Senate Passes Budget Resolution Paving Way for Tax Reform Budget cuts government spending by $5.1 trillion, creates surplus of $197 billion over next decade
"McConnell Plans To Pass Tax Reform With Only GOP Votes Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has…"
11 hours ago
Robin liked Lynn Rackoski's discussion Senate Passes Budget Resolution Paving Way for Tax Reform Budget cuts government spending by $5.1 trillion, creates surplus of $197 billion over next decade
11 hours ago
Robin replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Fri Tids 10/20/17 TOP TID Senate Passes Budget Resolution Paving Way for Tax Reform
"You're the best, Kwic! Good to see you. "
11 hours ago

TRAFFIC

© 2017   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service