Hundreds of VA officials fired since Trump's inauguration #Veteran #VA

A sign marks the entrance to the Edward Hines Jr. VA Hospital on May 30, 2014 in the Chicago suburb of Hines, Illinois. The hospital was linked to allegations that administrators kept secret waiting lists at VA hospitals so executives could collect bonuses linked to meeting standards for rapid treatment.

The Department of Veterans Affairs announced today that more than 500 officials have been fired for misconduct since President Trump took office earlier this year, according to data posted online.

In an effort for more transparency and accountability within the VA, Secretary of Veterans Affairs David J. Shulkin announced that a public list of employee "accountability actions" will be posted online and updated weekly.

The list outlines a total of 747 disciplinary actions including 526 employees who were fired since January 20. The actions affected a myriad of positons ranging from a tractor operator to VA attorneys.The list does not include employee names due to privacy reasons but does note the employee's position and VA region.

"Veterans and taxpayers have a right to know what we're doing to hold our employees accountable and make our personnel actions transparent," Secretary Shulkin said in a statement.

This announcement comes less than a month after President Trump signed the Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act which strengthened the ability of Secretary Shulkin to discipline VA officials. President Trump said that previous laws "…kept the government from holding those who failed our veterans accountable."  

In addition to publishing the list of accountability actions, Shulkin said in a press release that he is requiring approval by a senior official of any monetary settlement with an employee over the amount of $5,000.

The Veterans of Foreign Wars praised this new VA decision and said the organization is "…very, very hopeful that the Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act will continue to heal the VA, which will definitely help restore the faith of veterans in their VA."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hundreds-of-va-officials-fired-since-tr...

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good start!

Draining the swamp...

They need to do this for ALL government agencies, not just the VA! 

I suspect we'll be hearing about just that, Robin. I can't see Trump just setting his sights on only one agency. At least that's my fervent hope...

I believe you are right about that, Bruce! About time for all of this nonsense to stop. Now, people will be held accountable for their actions. I know I was held accountable at work. Officers lives depended on me doing my job correctly.  

Trump is smart. He will demonstrate proof-of-concept with the VA where there is little political resistance.  Then, after the principle has been proven, he will pull the plug on the rest of the swamp.

I can't wait for that slug plug to be pulled, JB.

Good to hear. 500 down, and many more to go.

Isn't it lovely, Kwic? I love it, love it, love it. 

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

AGENDA 21/2030

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Robin replied to JeansBrother's discussion NRA-ILA GRASSROOTS VOLUME 24, NUMBER 29
"We need national reciprocity and we need it now. We also need to be able to carry in all 50…"
1 hour ago
Robin liked JeansBrother's discussion NRA-ILA GRASSROOTS VOLUME 24, NUMBER 29
1 hour ago
Robin posted discussions
1 hour ago
Rick posted a discussion
1 hour ago
Lynn Rackoski posted a discussion
13 hours ago
Fundamental Refounding posted a discussion

USS Gerald R. Ford Commissioning

Trump says military "bigger, better, stronger" at USS Gerald R. Ford commissioningPresident Trump…See More
14 hours ago
Robin replied to JeansBrother's discussion Healthcare RINOs
"All the RINOS are going to be targeted for replacement! Enough is enough! The people are beyond…"
22 hours ago
Robin liked JeansBrother's discussion Healthcare RINOs
22 hours ago
Robin replied to Rick's discussion Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions... Out of Control
"Mark Levin: Mueller Investigation Is Pretext To Impeachment Content originally published…"
22 hours ago
JeansBrother posted discussions
22 hours ago
Robin replied to Robin's discussion The House Freedom Caucus has declared all-out war on #Obamacare.
"Well said, Jerome! Government needs to repeal it totally. Get out and let the free market work."
yesterday
Robin replied to Robin's discussion The House Freedom Caucus has declared all-out war on #Obamacare.
"I agree, Doug! This is so very frustrating. Great to see you, btw!"
yesterday
Jerome replied to Robin's discussion The House Freedom Caucus has declared all-out war on #Obamacare.
"Repeal is 100% crucial.  Replacement is not necessary if the replacement is a government…"
yesterday
Doug Fox replied to Robin's discussion The House Freedom Caucus has declared all-out war on #Obamacare.
"About time someone in the House showed some spine !! I remain skeptical that they can get the 218…"
yesterday
Robin posted discussions
yesterday
Robin replied to Rick's discussion GOP Rep. Steve King: Speaker Paul Ryan Is Not for the Border Wall (VIDEO)
"We all know now that Paul Ryan wants to keep things status-quo. They don't want the apple cart…"
yesterday

TRAFFIC

© 2017   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service