Heterosexuals Need Not Apply: DOD Extends Benefits Only to Gay Unmarried ‘Partners’

President Barack Obama and Defense Secretary Leon Panetta (AP Photo)

(CNSNews.com) - Outgoing Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta has unilaterally issued a directive stating that the U.S. military will now extend certain benefits to unmarried domestic partners that were formerly reserved for married couples—but will only do so if the domestic partners certify in writing to the Department of Defense that they are of the same sex.

Heterosexual unmarried partners do not qualify for the benefits—and thus are treated unequally by Panetta’s directive on the basis of their sexual orientation.

Panetta issued his directive in a Feb. 11 memorandum to the secretaries of the military departments and the undersecretary of defense for personnel and readiness. The subject line on the memo said: “Extending benefits to same-sex domestic partners of military members.”

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/heterosexuals-need-not-apply-dod-ex...

Among the benefits that DOD will now give to same-sex “domestic partners” but not heterosexual domestic partners are: joint duty assignments, legal assistance, disability and death compensation, child care, space-available travel on DOD aircraft, payments to missing persons, commissary privileges, exchange privileges, welfare and recreation programs, emergency leave, and youth programs.

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Please make it all stop! Good grief, DA. I'm going to get ulcers..or something

This is clearly discriminatory based on class.  It will eventually be overturned.  The outcome will be an emotional outcry when the courts overturn it.  The political damage that is intended will be to those who would overturn it. Those people who would cling to outdated ways of thinking that are over 200 years in the past will be the ones to blame for the terrible emotional costs of current Americans.

It certainly is reverse discrimination.  How much you wanna bet Panetta's argument for it will be that it is to repay past "unfairness".  A reparation in other words.  It's worked before in the government.  :-(

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

BRING BACK #HUAC

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Watchman replied to Jerseygal's discussion Republicans, Remember 1998
"A couple of thoughts... One of the reasons why there was such a red wave in Florida, and one that…"
Nov 28, 2022
Jerseygal replied to Jerseygal's discussion Republicans, Remember 1998
"This is bit of a history lesson.  It’s worth noting that Trump was not the…"
Nov 9, 2022
Jerseygal posted a discussion
Nov 9, 2022
Jodi180 replied to Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
"No doubt!  Why weren't Republicans telling us about this?? "
Nov 8, 2022
kwicgov55 replied to Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
"Very good article Jodi. I did not know the control dems had over republicans when it came to voter…"
Nov 8, 2022
kwicgov55 liked Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
Nov 8, 2022
Jerseygal replied to Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
"Excellent piece, Jodi!  There was a lot of info in there I didn’t know. It’s a…"
Nov 7, 2022
Jerseygal liked Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
Nov 7, 2022
NativeCollector liked Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
Nov 7, 2022
Jodi180 posted a discussion

Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument

I read this article today by Mollie Hemingway at The Federalist.And after reading it, I…See More
Nov 4, 2022
NativeCollector liked Duke's discussion To all Californians, check this out.
Oct 1, 2022
Duke posted a discussion
Sep 23, 2022
Jerseygal replied to Duke's discussion Hitler reincarnated
"I agree, Duke!  That’s a disgusting speech!!!!  We ALL need to vote Republicans and…"
Sep 4, 2022
NativeCollector liked Duke's discussion Hitler reincarnated
Sep 3, 2022
Jerseygal liked Duke's discussion Hitler reincarnated
Sep 3, 2022
Jerseygal liked Jodi180's discussion Somebody Be In The Way!
Sep 3, 2022

© 2023   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service