t news from Heritage offered exclusively for members.

Friday, August 11, 2017

The Heritage Foundation
Member Briefing

I've always said that 'people are policy' and at Heritage we believe investing in people is one of the most powerful things we can do.

Since January, over 52 former Heritage staff and alumni have either moved into key positions within the Trump Administration, or are awaiting confirmation. We are thankful for their service to Heritage and excited about this next step in their lives. I've included a list below with their names and where they are serving in the Administration. 

Heritage is committed to preparing the next generation of conservative leaders through our Young Leaders internship program. Last night, our summer intern class graduated.  I'd encourage you to read the second article today that one of our interns wrote sharing her experiences at Heritage this summer. You are making a huge difference in their lives and I believe you will be inspired by hearing what the intern class learned in their time at Heritage.

Lastly, another way you are preparing the next generation of conservative leaders is by building a network of conservative professors across the country through Heritage's B. Kenneth Simon Center for Politics and Principles.  Our higher education system has become overrun by liberal activists and we must fight to protect the minds of the next generation. Read more about the work you are making possible through the Simon Center in the last article today.

Please share your thoughts with me in the comments at the end of each article below. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reclaiming America would be impossible without your support. Thank you.

Onward!

Ed Feulner

Former Heritage staff fill Trump Administration

by Kathleen Reynolds

Since January, numerous Heritage staff and alumni have gone on to serve in the Trump Administration or are awaiting nomination. Below is an updated list of 52 Heritage staff who have assumed or are in the nomination process for positions in the Administration, including nearly ten advisors, four center directors, two general counsel, one chief of staff, four deputy directors, one director, and one secretary. This does not include the numerous individuals who served as part of the transition efforts.

We congratulate our former coworkers on these positions and are excited to see the work they do as they apply their expertise to tackling today’s critical issues.

Department of Health and Human Services

• Nina Owcharenko, is now a senior advisor within the Department of Health and Human Services. She formerly served as Director of Heritage’s Center for Health Policy Studies and Preston A. Wells, Jr. Fellow. Owcharenko is well known as a champion of patient choice and robust competition in America’s health insurance markets. For years, she has advanced free-market, patient-centered solutions that fix the real problems in America’s healthcare system.
  • Roger Severino, is the new director of the Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights. He formerly served as Director of Heritage’s Richard and Helen DeVos Center for Religion and Civil Society. Prior to his time at Heritage, Severino was a trial attorney in the U.S. Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division. He previously worked as the Chief Operations Officer and Legal Counsel for the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty.

Click here to see the rest of the positions former Heritage staff h...

What is the most important policy these conservative leaders can advance while serving in the administration?

Here’s the next generation of conservative leaders

by Steven Lawrence

I would say that the internship changed my life because it genuinely did. I can’t wait to come back to D.C. and to work for the movement in the future. ~Mimi Teixeira, Heritage intern summer ’17

Heritage believes strongly in preparing the next generation of conservatives for their role in leading our country. 

Through the Young Leaders Program young conservatives from around the country get a chance to work at Heritage and learn about the conservative principles that made this country great.

Yesterday, our summer intern class graduated.

Below is one interns' story about her experiences this summer:

"Here’s what the Heritage internship did for me"

by Kathleen Reynolds

As our internships through The Heritage Foundation’s Young Leaders Program draw to a close, I want to tell you how grateful we all are for your generous support that made this opportunity possible.

This summer alone, Heritage trained 67 principled and passionate young conservative leaders. As part of our 12-week internship, we have been equipped through meaningful work experiences, thought-provoking lectures and discussions, exceptional community, and mentorships by the dedicated Heritage staff. We learned from experts and we developed a greater grasp of the principles behind our politics. We learned how to communicate these principles and policies. By working closely with Heritage’s renowned policy experts, we have conducted challenging research projects and we’ve gained critical experience in valuable professional skills like resume writing and networking.

My fellow interns and I wanted to take this moment to share with you a few of our favorite aspects and key takeaways from this internship. Below are some of our class reflections:

Click here to read the rest of her story >>

Do you believe in Heritage’s mission to shape the next generation of conservative leaders? Why or why not?

Building a network of conservative professors

by Kathleen Reynolds

Heritage’s B. Kenneth Simon Center for Principles and Politics is busy fighting against the liberal indoctrination in colleges by building a network of conservative professors and providing them with the research and support they need.

We know that in order to win the hearts and minds of the young people in our country we have to train and educate their professors in conservatism. That’s why the Simon Center has created a targeted academic outreach to over 200 professors across the country– getting conservative materials and discussions on students’ syllabi. We are training professors on our founding principles, how to defend the Constitution, and on current conservative thought so that they are equipped to prepare their students to defend the conservative principles this great nation was founded on.

The Simon Center’s main objectives are to:

• Promote conservatism in a way that connects with people in the 21st century
  • Undermine Progressivism by exposing it’s lies
  • Defend the Constitution and rein in the administrative state
  • Protect free speech by countering it’s main threats

During the year, the Simon Center hosts academic conferences in which 10-20 senior academics from prestigious schools discuss the Center’s research interests, including topics like race relations, the administrative state, and the future of the family. Such conferences help conservative professors think more deeply about these issues and better articulate a worldview based on absolute truth, logic, morality, and the wisdom of history when they return to their campuses and students. These conferences also give professors the confidence to expose the dishonest tactics of their liberal colleagues.

The Simon Center is also combating liberal indoctrination through our exceptional Young Leaders Program.

Thanks to your support, Heritage is able to keep working to turn the tide against liberal indoctrination in higher education.

What do you think are the most effective ways to fight against liberal indoctrination in higher education?

The Heritage Foundation

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I really like the article on building a network of conservative professors to fight the liberal indoctrination of the kids in colleges. This country must counter the liberal narratives in most colleges in the country. In fact, this needs to start in elementary school. 

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

AGENDA 21/2030

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Robin replied to Robin's discussion Mueller MUST GO! Congressman Gohmert has jolting warning for President Trump
"I look forward to the day I can finally MOVE out of the northeast. "
5 hours ago
Robin replied to JeansBrother's discussion Judicial Recap -- 9/22/2017
"All good info. Thanks for posting, JB! Tweeting this. "
5 hours ago
Robin liked JeansBrother's discussion Judicial Recap -- 9/22/2017
5 hours ago
Rick posted a discussion
5 hours ago
JeansBrother replied to Robin's discussion Mueller MUST GO! Congressman Gohmert has jolting warning for President Trump
"Tired of living in the swamp.  Looking for big sky country away from the swamp dwellers."
6 hours ago
Robin posted a discussion

Mueller MUST GO! Congressman Gohmert has jolting warning for President Trump

Congressman Louie Gohmert soberly warns President Donald Trump to investigate the investigator.The…See More
6 hours ago
Ruthann liked Robin's blog post Calif. Lady Moves to Red State, Suddenly Sends Unexpected Message to Lib Friends Back Home
14 hours ago
JeansBrother replied to Robin's discussion How Prepared Are You? Just Enough...Ready For Almost Anything.. or... See You When the Dust Settles.
"I'm glad we still have a few fighters left in America."
15 hours ago
Robin replied to Robin's discussion How Prepared Are You? Just Enough...Ready For Almost Anything.. or... See You When the Dust Settles.
"If anything major happens, I won't be leaving my house. I am a "see you when the dust…"
16 hours ago
Robin replied to JeansBrother's discussion Heritage Foundation -- Member Briefing 9/22/2017
"The GOP swamp critters will do everything they can to obstruct this administration. I don't…"
16 hours ago
Robin liked JeansBrother's discussion Heritage Foundation -- Member Briefing 9/22/2017
16 hours ago
Robin replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Sen. John McCain a 'No' On Graham-Cassidy
"He should go. Nothing but a leftie in sheeps clothing. "
16 hours ago
Robin replied to JeansBrother's discussion NRA-ILA GRASSROOTS VOLUME 24, NUMBER 38
"Thanks for posting, JB! Tweeting it out to the masses"
16 hours ago
Robin liked JeansBrother's discussion NRA-ILA GRASSROOTS VOLUME 24, NUMBER 38
16 hours ago
JeansBrother posted discussions
yesterday
JeansBrother replied to Robin's discussion How Prepared Are You? Just Enough...Ready For Almost Anything.. or... See You When the Dust Settles.
"Interesting summary.  I suggest that the best survival posture involves what you can carry on…"
yesterday

TRAFFIC

© 2017   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service