ews from Heritage offered exclusively for members.

Friday, March 17, 2017
The Heritage Foundation
Member Briefing

This week, members of the mainstream media attacked Heritage's news outlet, The Daily Signal, for their increased press access to the White House.  It's a great testament to the influence The Daily Signal is having in reaching millions of Americans with the truth about what's going on in Washington.  Read what The Daily Signal's editor-in-chief, Rob Bluey, had to say below.

Next, in case you missed it last week, I wanted to let you know that I had the chance to share the conservative plan to repeal Obamacare with President Trump in the Oval Office.  Alongside other conservative leaders I was able to make your voice heard.  I've included a few pictures from the meeting in the second article below.

Lastly, I wanted to give you a quick update on Neil Gorsuch's nomination to the Supreme Court.  Since the passing of Justice Antonin Scalia last year Heritage fought to ensure his seat stay open until after the election. I'm including a video below from an event we hosted this week that took a closer look at who Neil Gorsuch really is.

I'd love to hear from you on these pressing matters. Please leave comments on the stories.

Jim DeMint

P.S. Here are some of the top articles Heritage experts published in the media this week:

Mainstream media gangs up on The Daily Signal

by Steven Lawrence

Reporters at the Washington Post, Huffington Post, and Wall Street Journal are attacking The Daily Signal for their press access to the White House.

They are afraid The Daily Signal is providing an alternative to the usual left-wing or establishment media spin and are using their “mainstream” media influence to bully The Daily Signal.

And guess what? The Daily Signal does exist as an alternative to the mainstream media. They exist because you deserve the truth about what’s going on in Washington. You deserve the facts — not the liberal spin.

And no amount of bullying from the “mainstream” media is going to stop the work of The Daily Signal.

Read what The Daily Signal’s editor-in-chief, Rob Bluey, had to say about this.

‘What’s a legitimate news outlet?’

Apparently not The Daily Signal, if you believe the self-proclaimed arbiters of journalism who represent the “mainstream” media.

I have news for The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, and any other media outlet that tries to bully us: We’re not going to be pushed around. And when it comes to covering the White House, we’re here to stay.

You can help The Daily Signal continue to provide exceptional coverage of Washington politics.

Make a gift to support The Daily Signal's fight against the mainstr...

Jim DeMint met with Donald Trump on Obamacare repeal

by Steven Lawrence

In case you missed it, last week Jim DeMint met with President Donald Trump at the White House to share the conservative plan to repeal and replace Obamacare.  DeMint made clear conservatives have serious concerns about the current bill, but that we are ready to work with the White House to repeal Obamacare, lower costs, and increase choice in health care.

Later, DeMint went on CNN to discuss the new healthcare plan.

Here is Jim DeMint sitting across from President Trump in the Oval Office:

DeMint in Oval Office

And later that day, Vice President Mike Pence tweeted this picture. DeMint is sitting right next to the Vice President.

DeMint next to Vice President

Here are five reasons why the current Obamacare repeal plan isn’t real repeal.

Your support is making this influence possible.

Thank you.

Do you believe House leadership should change the current Obamacare repeal plan to truly implement real repeal?

The latest on Neil Gorsuch

by Christian Sweeney

When Heritage proposed keeping Antonin Scalia’s seat open on the Supreme Court until after the election, it was seen as impossible. Yet, with your support, conservatives held firm and kept the pressure on Congress to wait.

During President Trump’s campaign, he released a list of Supreme Court Justice nominees which Heritage approved. Now he has nominated Neil Gorsuch to be the next Supreme Court Justice.

Next week, Judge Gorsuch will appear for hearings before the Senate Judiciary Committee that are expected to last a few days.

This week Heritage hosted an event titled, Who is Neil Gorsuch? A Closer Look at Trump’s Supreme Court Nominee.

Watch the video below to find out more about Judge Gorsuch.

Who is Neil Gorsuch?

In what ways do you hope Judge Gorsuch will continue in Justice Sca...
The Heritage Foundation

Views: 2

Reply to This

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

AGENDA 21/2030

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Robin replied to Rahthrae (Admin.)'s discussion A Questioning of Trump, Ryan, and the AHCA
"Outstanding questions Rahth! You are better than anyone I know at writing! Every Conservative must…"
3 hours ago
William Murphy liked Rahthrae (Admin.)'s discussion A Questioning of Trump, Ryan, and the AHCA
4 hours ago
Robin liked Rahthrae (Admin.)'s discussion A Questioning of Trump, Ryan, and the AHCA
4 hours ago
Rahthrae (Admin.) posted a discussion

A Questioning of Trump, Ryan, and the AHCA

The AHCA has failed.  Trump and Ryan blame the Freedom Caucus for its failure. Democrats are…See More
4 hours ago
Robin posted a discussion

Begun, The War On Conservatives Has Via @benshapiro

Begun, The War On Conservatives HasMany conservatives predicted that President Trump, once…See More
4 hours ago
Robin replied to Jodi180's discussion RINOcare fails...who's to blame?
"Needless to say, I am VERY ANGRY!  Trump shifts blame for failed attempt to replace…"
4 hours ago
Robin replied to Jodi180's discussion RINOcare fails...who's to blame?
5 hours ago
JeansBrother posted a discussion
14 hours ago
Jodi180 replied to Jodi180's discussion RINOcare fails...who's to blame?
"Exactly where to place it, JB."
15 hours ago
"There isn't an explanation, JG (and I'm assuming there will never be), because the…"
15 hours ago
Jerseygal replied to Jodi180's discussion RINOcare fails...who's to blame?
"As I said to Rah, there hasn't been an explanation on why what was promised wasn't done…"
17 hours ago
Jerseygal replied to Jodi180's discussion RINOcare fails...who's to blame?
"I have yet to see a reasonable and believable explanation on why that wasn't done."
17 hours ago
Jerseygal shared Jodi180's discussion on Facebook
18 hours ago
Jerseygal liked Jodi180's discussion RINOcare fails...who's to blame?
18 hours ago
"Yep, yep, yep, etc....and me too, Rah."
yesterday
"If we could, and we can, look  back at our comments, discussions about how Barrycare, that if…"
yesterday

TRAFFIC

© 2017   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service