st news from Heritage offered exclusively for members.

Friday, March 10, 2017
The Heritage Foundation
Member Briefing

This week, House Republicans released their health care bill to replace Obamacare. Unfortunately, it falls far short of addressing the key issues with Obamacare. Wednesday, I met with President Donald Trump to share the conservative plan to repeal and replace Obamacare. I made clear conservatives have serious concerns about the current bill, but that we are ready to work with the White House to repeal Obamacare, lower costs, and increase choice in health care.  My colleague Ed Haislmaier has more on this bill below.

Also, Donald Trump's revised executive order on immigration was released this week. Heritage expert Hans von Spakovsky explains why this order is constitutional. You can read his full analysis in the second article.

Lastly, I wanted to share one specific way your conservative message is being heard. The videos that Heritage and The Daily Signal are producing have been reaching millions of people with the conservative story. I'm including the top three videos from the last month below. I encourage you to watch them and check out the other videos we have produced.

As always, I encourage you to comment on the stories below. Your feedback is very helpful to me.

Jim DeMint

P.S. Here are some of the top articles Heritage experts published in the media this week:

Proposed health care bill ‘missed the mark’

by Steven Lawrence

This week House Republicans released their health care bill to replace Obamacare. It’s terrible.

Heritage health care expert, Ed Haislmaier, explains why the proposed bill does not fix the failings of Obamacare.

The key problem with the draft House health care bill is that it fails to correct the features of Obamacare that drove up health insurance costs. Instead, it mainly tweaks Obamacare’s financing and subsidy structure.

Basically, the bill focuses on protecting those who gained subsidized coverage through the law’s exchange subsidies and Medicaid expansion, while failing to correct Obamacare’s misguided insurance regulations that drove up premiums for Americans buying coverage without government subsidies.

That is both a policy problem and a political problem.

Why do you think House leadership proposed a bill like this?

Donald Trump’s revised Immigration ban is constitutional: Here’s why

by Steven Lawrence

Heritage’s Hans von Spakovsky explains why Donald Trump’s revised executive order is not only legal but makes common sense.

President Donald Trump’s revised executive order restricting travel from terrorist safe havens is just as constitutional and legal as his original order, despite what some courts such as the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said about the original order.

But the revisions he has made, which clarify that the executive order does not apply to any foreigners who already hold visas to enter the U.S., will make it tougher for activist judges to justify any injunction orders they might be inclined to issue against it. Yet there is little doubt that progressive groups will seek such orders.

Do you agree with Trump’s revised executive order?

Sharing the conservative message through video

by Steven Lawrence

You are helping to spread the conservative story through videos that Heritage and The Daily Signal produce.

These teams work hard to make sure the videos are not only produced well but also released at the perfect time to create maximum impact.

Below you will find the top three videos from the past month-each with over one million views.

How Trump Saved Wollman Skating Rink

1,534,390 views.

Video: How Trump Saved Wollman Skating Rink

Pipeline protestors leave behind potential environmental disaster

1,076,418 views.

Video: Pipeline protestors leave behind potential environmental disaster

You can go here to view the rest of the videos.

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Getting this out, JB! 

Thanks JB. Shared it.

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

AGENDA 21/2030

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Fundamental Refounding commented on Fundamental Refounding's blog post President Trump "The Calm Before The Storm" " You'll Find Out" Is Something Very Big About To Happen
"David Wilcock EXCLUSIVE: Pizzagate, Donald Trump, & Fall of the…"
1 hour ago
Fundamental Refounding posted a blog post

President Trump "The Calm Before The Storm" " You'll Find Out" Is Something Very Big About To Happen

This information is being posted for information purposes only. There are a lot of things being…See More
1 hour ago
Robin replied to JeansBrother's discussion The Heritage Foundation -- Member Briefing 11/17.2017
"I see McCain is already signaling that he may torpedo the tax bill in the Senate. "
2 hours ago
Robin liked JeansBrother's discussion The Heritage Foundation -- Member Briefing 11/17.2017
2 hours ago
JeansBrother posted a discussion

The Heritage Foundation -- Member Briefing 11/17.2017

Friday, November 17, 2017Yesterday, the House voted to pass a bill that would overhaul our nation's…See More
21 hours ago
Robin posted discussions
Thursday
Lynn Rackoski posted a discussion

Sessions directs prosecutors to 'evaluate certain issues' involving Uranium One and Clinton, leaves door open on special counsel

Attorney General Jeff Sessions directed senior federal prosecutors to evaluate “certain issues”…See More
Wednesday
Bruce O'Hara replied to Susan Taylor's discussion Tillerson’s State Department Shakeup Has Hillary Loyalists Cowering Under Desks
"Then that means that Sessions has been able to harness, and use, the uncorrupted members of the FBI…"
Tuesday
Robin replied to Susan Taylor's discussion Tillerson’s State Department Shakeup Has Hillary Loyalists Cowering Under Desks
"It's coming Kwic! Check out all the sealed indictments. 842 so far in past month or so. DOJ…"
Tuesday
Robin replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion President Trump Tweets on Oct 5th "This is the calm before the storm" "You'll See" #TheStorm #UraniumOne #FusionGPS #FoxNews
"It's happening! There are 842 Sealed Indictments across the country as of yesterday! Never in…"
Tuesday
Fundamental Refounding replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Congressional referrals sparked DOJ investigations like Uranium One and Clinton Foundation
"Justice Dept won’t rule out special counsel to investigate Uranium One and…"
Monday
Fundamental Refounding posted discussions
Monday
Fundamental Refounding replied to Robin's discussion AlWaleed bin Talal, just arrested in Saudi Arabia for corruption believed to have given upwards of $25M to Clinton Foundation.
"Saudi Princess’ tell-all includes Bangladeshi children traded as sex slaves Published at…"
Monday
Bruce O'Hara replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion President Trump Tweets on Oct 5th "This is the calm before the storm" "You'll See" #TheStorm #UraniumOne #FusionGPS #FoxNews
"I've been hoping that Trump has had something going on below the radar to nail Hillary and her…"
Monday
kwicgov55 replied to Susan Taylor's discussion Tillerson’s State Department Shakeup Has Hillary Loyalists Cowering Under Desks
"Me too Robin! Thus far, not seeing much draining of said swamp going on."
Monday
kwicgov55 liked Fundamental Refounding's discussion President Trump Tweets on Oct 5th "This is the calm before the storm" "You'll See" #TheStorm #UraniumOne #FusionGPS #FoxNews
Monday

TRAFFIC

© 2017   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service