I'm happy to see this! I can get behind this one! 

Team Ted Cruz is taking shape, and the Senate first-termer's presidential campaign could start before this spring. The Republican senator from Texas tentatively plans to fill senior campaign positions with the triumvirate he signed last summer to expand his political operation. At the top is Jeff Roe, whose organizational title is undefined but who would be the campaign’s chief strategic and logistics decision-maker. Jason Miller would shape and oversee campaign messaging; Lauren Lofstrom would direct fundraising. Cruz is in the process of “feeling out” additional campaign hires and prospective donors in preparation to join the field of 2016 candidates. If the senator decides to run for president, he wants to hit the ground at full speed, a senior Cruz advisor confirmed Monday...Rounding out the team are pollster Chris Perkins, who earned plaudits for being among the few to correctly forecast November’s Georgia Senate race, and Jason Johnson, the senator’s longtime political consigliere. Nick Muzin, Cruz's deputy chief of staff in his Senate office, is steeped in South Carolina politics. He is viewed as someone who might take a leave of absence from Cruz' Senate office to join the campaign...“His early reviews among tea party audiences have been stellar in Iowa,” a Republican insider in the Hawkeye State told the Examiner. “I don't think he can appeal as broadly in the party or in the general electorate as other candidates, buthis support will be intense among those voters who have the highest anger score.

Dan wrote up this week's CBS News poll of Republicans, which contains good news for Mitt Romney and Jeb Bush (quite possibly a product of name recognition at this early stage), and bad news for Chris Christie and Sarah Palin (both of whom generate far more "don't run" responses from members of their party).  Several of the other prospective contenders are slightly above water on the run/don't run question -- Huckabee, Rubio, Walker, Carson -- while others are narrowly underwater: Paul, Perry, Jindal, Santorum…and Cruz, at (21/25).  I'll leave you with Cruz making his case to a crowd of conservative activists in South Carolina.  He decries the GOP's "mushy middle," arguing that nominating another moderate guarantees another loss:

Video http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2015/01/20/cruzing-texas-sen...

Views: 199

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ted Cruz speech 

Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) delivers remarks at the Iowa Freedom Summit in Des Moines. He talks about the need to bring together a coalition of voters who "believe in the miracle of America.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?c4525024/senator-ted-cruz-iowa-freedom...

Hi ya Robin, sorry to tell you but Cruz isn't eligible...I wish he was, I like him too but he just isn't :( I posted the following on another thread but it belongs here too so I copied it, if anyone read it on the other thread, sorry for the repeat here:

Natural Born Citizen = born on US soil of parents who are both US citizens at the time the child is born. Being a Natural Born Citizen is only required to be potus or vice potus and it's a higher standard than just born a citizen. This was to ensure sole allegiance to the US and eliminate as much as possible any foreign allegiance. Someone who is born a dual citizen can NEVER be a Natural Born Citizen, that status can only be given at birth, you can't become a Natural Born Citizen later. To be a Natural Born Citizen requires 3 conditions be met at time of birth: #1 born on US soil #2 US citizen father #3 US citizen mother. Even IF Obama was born in Hawaii (questionable since all his documents have been proven fraudulent), his father was never a citizen so he isn't eligible. Ted Cruz was born in Canada, strike 1, and his father was a citizen of Cuba, strike 2. Marco Rubio was born in Florida but neither of his parents were citizens at the time he was born, strike 1 and 2. Same exact problem for Bobby Jindal, born in Louisiana but parents not yet US citizens, strike 1 and 2. Rick Santorum was born in the US but his father was not yet a US citizen, strike 1. It's not rocket science, it's not that difficult of a definition, born on US soil of citizen parents. If anyone wants to read a great article which gives court cases to back up this definition, here's one by a constitutional attorney, long but informative: http://puzo1.blogspot.com/2009/09/natural-born-citizen-clause-requi...

Hi DotDot! Good to see you here and hope you are doing well.

We see what that got us with Obama. Nothing happened!  Also, McCain was born in Panama and Romney's father was born in Mexico. I am curious how many voted for both of them!  I know at the time they both were running, I did! I will NOT vote for the lesser of two evils ever again! 

Robin, the parents don't have to be born in the US, they can be naturalized BUT they have to be citizens by the time the child is born. If Rubio or Santorum or Jindal's folks had already become US citizens by the time they were born on US soil, they would be eligible as natural born citizens. Cruz had 2 strikes, not born on US soil (and parents not serving in the military) and also his dad wasn't a US citizen so no way is he eligible. George Romney the dad was not a natural born citizen himself since he was born in Mexico so when he ran for potus, he was ineligible. However, Mitt Romney was born on US soil and both his parents were US citizens at the time he was born so Mitt is a natural born citizen and is eligible. As far as McCain, there were earlier writings that said if someone was born overseas but both their parents were US citizens and one or both were serving in the military, the child should be considered natural born.

Can Ted Cruz run for President?

While the issue of President Barack Obama's birth has long been settled, and it's a moot point anyway since he's in his second term in office, there remain some people who won't be convinced.

Just ask members of Congress, who even this summer are encountering so-called "birthers" at town hall meetings.

With Ted Cruz, there is no conspiracy. He wasn't born in the United States. But that hasn't stopped the junior Texas senator from courting a possible presidential bid.

The dynamic young senator has traveled to Iowa and other early primary states. If his moves toward a candidacy become more serious, they're sure to spark first a debate about his conservative politics, but also that recurring debate about whether a "natural-born citizen" can be born outside the United States.

Birther-in-chief Donald Trump, who appeared to be running singularly on that issue in 2011, was more restrained when he was asked if Canadian-born Cruz was eligible to be president. "Perhaps not," Trump told ABC News on Sunday.

"I don't know the circumstances. I heard somebody told me he was born in Canada. That's really his thing," said Trump, who could face Cruz in a GOP primary if both men follow through with runs they appear to be teasing.

Cruz seems to think the facts are on his side.

PLAY VIDEO

"My mother was born in Wilmington, Delaware. She's a U.S. citizen, so I'm a U.S. citizen," Cruz told ABC in July. "I'm not going to engage in a legal debate. The facts are clear," he added. "I can tell you where I was born and who my parents were. And then as a legal matter, others can worry about that. I'm not going to engage."

There is precedent for people born outside the United States making credible runs for the presidency. George Romney, Mitt Romney's father, was born in Mexico to Mormon missionaries. He ran for president in 1968.

For all the ink spilled about Obama's provenance -- Hawaii, people -- it was actually John McCain in the 2008 presidential contest who was born outside the United States.

McCain's father, an admiral, was stationed in the Panama Canal Zone.

Democrats didn't make an issue of McCain's birthright to run, however. In fact, Democratic candidates Obama and then-Sen. Hillary Clinton sponsored a non-binding resolution in the spring of 2008 declaring that McCain was a natural-born citizen.

This is all the U.S. Constitution has to say about the qualifications to be president:

"No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

That's pretty clear. Only a 35-year-old (or older) "natural-born citizen" can be president. But it turns out not be that clear. 
Who is a "natural-born citizen?"

Citizen scholarship falls on the side of McCain. He had two American citizen parents and one was working for the U.S. government when he was born in Panama.

Cruz doesn't check all those boxes. His father, a preacher who has delivered stem-winding speeches of his own, has since become an American. But at the time of Ted's birth in Canada, he was a Cuban émigré working for an oil company. His mother, however, hails from Delaware.

There is a 50-page report prepared for lawmakers by the Congressional Research Service.

You can read the whole thing here.

The key paragraph in that lawerly paper reads this way:

"The weight of legal and historical authority indicates that the term "natural born" citizen would mean a person who is entitled to U.S. citizenship "by birth" or "at birth," either by being born "in" the United States and under its jurisdiction, even those born to alien parents; by being born abroad to U.S. citizen-parents; or by being born in other situations meeting legal requirements for U.S. citizenship "at birth."

It does not specifically deal with the issue of someone born outside the United States to one American parent. But if Cruz could claim citizenship at birth, according to the argument, he could claim to be natural born.

The natural-born citizen requirement was put into the Constitution, according to the congressional report, to ward against aristocracy coming to America and setting up a new kingdom.

There has been discussion of doing away with the requirement altogether.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/13/politics/natural-born-president/index...

The CRS report has been proven full of holes, omissions and lies. If you want to learn the real definition with all the history and legal opinions backing it up, read this article http://puzo1.blogspot.com/2009/09/natural-born-citizen-clause-requi... written by a constitutional attorney, very well-researched and backed up with actual court cases. It's long but very informative.

I originally posted this under Rahthrae's post about the next President! I feel it should be here as well.  I will add, I voted for both Mccain and Romney! I will no longer vote for the lesser of two evils! 

I have a few questions for everyone! You don't have to answer the questions. This is just for you to think about! 

Who here voted for McCain? Who here voted for Romney? 

McCain was born in Panama.  Romney's father was born in Mexico!

Did you vote for them or did you stay home?

We SEE what putting forth progressive "Republican" candidates has gotten us! Lost elections and a country on the brink of destruction!  

If we do not get behind the most conservative candidate, and, a conservative candidate can not win the nomination, this country is ALREADY LOST!

Seems that the members of this movement spend more time fighting each other and not fighting against the Progressive movement that is destroying this nation! IMHO

Pretty good write up on Cruz! 

Ted Cruz 

What happens when you combine establishment credentials with a true believer.

Even his enemies will concede Cruz is smart. And his resume is strong — Princeton and Harvard Law School; success at the highest level of American law; serious jobs in federal and state government; and an underdog Senate victory in 2012. The strikes against Cruz as a Republican candidate usually run something like this: He doesn’t poll well; the shutdown freaked people out; he can be grim; he’s not well-regarded among Senate Republicans. Cruz, who quickly replaced Jim DeMint as the most hated man on Capitol Hill, has been underestimated for what is basically a credential: Even Republicans in Washington hate him.

Let’s work through the rest of this like a geometric proof.

Yes, in the first big Iowa poll last month, Cruz trailed some other Republican contenders.

But more than a year before the Iowa caucuses, presidential polls are just tests of name recognition. And so they tell us one thing: The Democratic field is very closed; the Republican field is very open. That’s it. Mitt Romney polls very well for that reason — high name recognition in a field of parity.

There’s actually a much more important poll number out of Iowa, one that’s much more telling about the voters there, and bodes better for Cruz than anyone else considering a run for president.

Check out, from this weekend’s big Des Moines Register poll, the top reason voters say Joni Ernst is worth voting for:

Des Moines Register / Via scribd.com

No single issue has united Republicans more for five years now. No one — not Rand Paul, not Marco Rubio, certainly not Chris Christie, who expanded Medicaid under Obamacare — has fought Obamacare’s implementation in a more demonstrated way than Cruz. Clearly, he shut down the government in a ridiculous, nonstarter effort to “defund” the law. On Sunday, Cruz told the Washington Post that Republicans should “pursue every means possible to repeal Obamacare.” Merits of the shutdown past and reconciliation future aside, dismantling Obamacare has been the core issue of Cruz’s political career — he ran on it in his Senate bid. This was his pitch in 2012: “I’m not running as a lawyer. I’m running as a fighter.”

The portfolio has to go beyond Obamacare, though. And based on the speeches Cruz has been giving lately, here’s the kind of pitch Cruz is probably going to make to conservatives: I will lower taxes, I will protect religious liberty, I will enforce immigration laws strictly, I will defend Israel, I will restore America’s robust presence in the world.

Stumping for Republican Senate candidate David Perdue in October, he emphasized the Hobby Lobby case, the threat of ISIS, and immigration. He has a small library of failed legislative efforts to back these up. In print and on stage this year, he’s gone hard defending Israel.

It all sounds like a lot of the conservative priorities right now. And presumably, these are not random choices.

“As Sun Tzu said, every battle is won before it is fought,” he told Texas Monthly’s Erica Grieder, who’s written the best profiles of the senator. He was speaking of his litigation career, but he could have been talking politics. “It is won by choosing the terrain on which the battle is fought.”

Then there’s this, perhaps the most important thing, and something that may surprise reporters who find him stiff and distant: If you put Cruz on a stage and then on the ground in the middle of a bunch of Republican families, he is warm, funny, and sincere.

Cruz’s dour image might actually play to his advantage a little, insofar as it dramatically manages your expectations. I was in Georgia last month, outside Savannah, watching Cruz campaign for Perdue. Here’s what he opened with:

“You’ve seen the news about people jumping the fence at the White House — the guy who jumped over the eight-foot fence in front of the White House earlier this year. The Secret Service tries to run him down. They finally catch him, and they turn to him and say, ‘I’m sorry, Mr. President, you’ve got two more years!’

This week, somebody again jumped over the fence. The Secret Service catches this one, too, and this time they say, ‘I’m sorry, Hillary, not yet!’”

The laughter cut through the crowd — mostly families and older couples at a farm — and then turned to loud applause at the real punch line: “And not ever!”

It’s, like, not a bad joke. He had others. He delivers them well. Ted Cruz can be funny.

The biggest applause of the afternoon, though, may have been for Cruz’s bill to strip Americans who join ISIS of their U.S. citizenship.

“You want to know how radical and extreme the Democrats are? The Democrats stood up on the Senate floor and blocked that legislation,” Cruz then said to a small gasp of a reaction.

“Jesus,” one man said. Cruz left out the full details of the bill’s outcome: He asked for the bill to be passed by unanimous consent, despite the complex legal issue of stripping citizenship. One senator, Mazie Hirono, objected on reasonable procedural grounds — the bill hadn’t been considered by the Senate Judiciary Committee.

It sounded good in Georgia, though. And Cruz is good in this kind of setting.

He thanked person after person for coming to the event, intent and serious, posing for photos and talking to little kids like they were adults. And while Cruz kind of talks to reporters like a character in a 19th century novel — performative and clipped — his rapport with supporters is far more natural.

“I just wanted to shake the next president’s hand!” one woman told Cruz after the event; a number of others offered similar sentiments.

Cruz radiated sincerity in Georgia, and complex mental gymnastics aren’t involved to imagine it working in Sioux City, Iowa, or Spartanburg, South Carolina. He can fluidly shift from an emotional appeal to a one-liner and back. And if he exaggerates, if he leaves out critical details, if he turns the somewhat reasonable into the outrageous — well, Ted Cruz isn’t running as a lawyer, he’s running as a fighter. You can trust him to always fight for conservative principles. And conservatives are the ones voting in Republican primaries.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/katherinemiller/cruuuuuuuuz?utm_term=.jqN6Y...

MARK LEVIN explains that Ted Cruz IS a natural born citizen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKvT6DDR-4A

Ted Cruz stands alone after the King Corn summit!

And then there was this guy…

CruzIowa

When asked if he would support the Renewable Fuel Standard he just said no. And then he put out some hard truths which seemed to earn him the respect a difficult answer deserved.

“I recognize that this is a gathering of a lot of folks where the answer you’d like me to give is ‘I’m for the RFS, darnit;’ that’d be the easy thing to do,” he said. “But I’ll tell you, people are pretty fed up, I think, with politicians who run around and tell one group one thing, tell another group another thing, and then they go to Washington and they don’t do anything that they said they would do. And I think that’s a big part of the reason we have the problems we have in Washington, is there have been career politicians in both parties that aren’t listening to the American people and aren’t doing what they said they would do.”

And the crowd applauded, giving Cruz the warmest welcome so far.

Hot air reached out to the Cruz campaign about how he managed such an answer.

“Ted Cruz is straightforward about what he believes, whether he is in Iowa, Texas, or Washington DC. We need more leaders who tell the truth about what they will do and the response to that kind of honesty is very positive.”

I have to say, this was a potential game changer for me. I know that I probably put off some of you with my seemingly endless fascination with energy issues in general and ethanol subsidies in particular. It’s a sort of wonky subject, but I feel it’s an important one. And this forum in Iowa was, in my view, a test of character for the nascent candidates on a matter of vital interest.

I’ve expressed doubts in the past about the long term viability of Ted Cruz on the national stage, particularly given the horribly effective way the media has sold the “crazy wingnut” stories to the public. But this guy has demonstrated the kind of intestinal fortitude that is far too often lacking in GOP leaders, and he certainly showed those qualities once again in Iowa. Take this as a benchmark for the coming campaign. There weren’t many clear standouts here, but the Best in Show was clearly a winner.

What the rest said! 

Yesterday we covered the acid test of prospective candidates for 2016 in Iowa when it comes to ethanol subsidies and the Renewable Fuel Standard. At that time I promised that I would report back to you on how the 2016 hopefuls did in this admittedly daunting challenge to conservative politicians. I’m sorry to say that, as the WSJ reported for us, the results were less than impressive in most cases.

Let’s start with the bad news. First up… Rick Perry.

[T]he former governor of a petroleum-rich state [Governor Perry] suggested he didn’t think it would be fair to end the RFS while oil companies continued to benefit from tax breaks. “I don’t think you pull the RFS out and discriminate against the RFS and leave all these other subsidies,” he said.

Jeb Bush acted like the RFS is a bad toy, but had no plans to put it back in the cupboard.

“The markets are ultimately going to have to decide this,” said Mr. Bush, who declined to set a firm deadline for ending the fuel standard imposed a decade ago by his brother, former President George W. Bush. “Whether that’s 2022 or sometime in the future I don’t know,” he said.

Chris Christie left no room for doubt.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie was clearer about his position, saying he “absolutely” supported the fuel standard.

Mike Huckabee is at least consistent.

Mike Huckabee argued that support for ethanol is good national security policy, helping to reduce U.S. dependence on oil imports. He then quipped his support for the corn-based fuel wasn’t about pandering to Iowans because of their important role in the presidential nominating process.

Rick Santorum also stuck to his unsatisfactory 2012 answer.

Former Senator Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania, who won the 2012 Iowa Republican caucuses, said ethanol “creates jobs in small-town and rural America, which is where people are hurting.”

From the same Bloomberg article, Lindsey Graham just played to the crowd.

South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham expressed strong support for ethanol in his appearance. “Every gallon of ethanol you can produce here in Iowa is one less gallon to have to buy from people who hate your guts,” he said.

Perhaps most disappointing, Scott Walker:

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker backed the RFS, saying that while he tends to oppose government intervention, a marketplace issue exists for ethanol. He said consumers do not have the same access to corn-based fuel as gasoline, and because of that there’s a need for the standard.

“Right now we don’t have a free and open marketplace, and so that’s why I’m going to take that position,” he said.

I’ve been building up some early hopes for you, Governor Walker, but I must say this was a big let down.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/03/08/ted-cruz-stands-alone-after-t...

What Ted Cruz Told Glenn Beck on Radio Could Be the Clearest Signal Yet He’s Running for President

President, how are you?”

That’s how Glenn Beck greeted Ted Cruz on radio Friday morning, and once you hear how Cruz responded throughout, it’s not too far off to think the Texas senator could be making a run to fulfill Beck’s greeting.

Beck and his co-hosts spent a majority of the interview trying to get Cruz to announce he’s running. And while Cruz didn’t fully commit, he did make some interesting comments. Here are some of them:

• “So what I’ll say is stay tuned.”
  • “I will point out, I was in Iowa last weekend. Tomorrow morning, I’m flying to South Carolina. The next day, I’m going to New Hampshire.”
  • “Those are not necessarily states chosen at random.”
  • “Iowa was beautiful. It ended up being unseasonably warm. I joke that if we were to launch a campaign, we could just make the campaign message be, you know, vote for Cruz.  He’ll bring the sunshine. If we can deliver on that, they’d probably cancel the whole election.”
  • “Well, I’m looking at it very, very seriously.”
  • Audio http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/03/13/what-ted-cruz-told-glenn...

If you want to join our grassroots army & help reignite the , text the word CONSTITUTION to 33733

Tweet from Ted Cruz

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

BRING BACK #HUAC

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Watchman replied to Jerseygal's discussion Republicans, Remember 1998
"A couple of thoughts... One of the reasons why there was such a red wave in Florida, and one that…"
Nov 28
Jerseygal replied to Jerseygal's discussion Republicans, Remember 1998
"This is bit of a history lesson.  It’s worth noting that Trump was not the…"
Nov 9
Jerseygal posted a discussion
Nov 9
Jodi180 replied to Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
"No doubt!  Why weren't Republicans telling us about this?? "
Nov 8
kwicgov55 replied to Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
"Very good article Jodi. I did not know the control dems had over republicans when it came to voter…"
Nov 8
kwicgov55 liked Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
Nov 8
Jerseygal replied to Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
"Excellent piece, Jodi!  There was a lot of info in there I didn’t know. It’s a…"
Nov 7
Jerseygal liked Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
Nov 7
NativeCollector liked Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
Nov 7
Jodi180 posted a discussion

Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument

I read this article today by Mollie Hemingway at The Federalist.And after reading it, I…See More
Nov 4
NativeCollector liked Duke's discussion To all Californians, check this out.
Oct 1
Duke posted a discussion
Sep 23
Jerseygal replied to Duke's discussion Hitler reincarnated
"I agree, Duke!  That’s a disgusting speech!!!!  We ALL need to vote Republicans and…"
Sep 4
NativeCollector liked Duke's discussion Hitler reincarnated
Sep 3
Jerseygal liked Duke's discussion Hitler reincarnated
Sep 3
Jerseygal liked Jodi180's discussion Somebody Be In The Way!
Sep 3

© 2022   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service