Colorado Democrat: Women Don’t Need Guns If They ‘Feel Like They’re Going To Be Raped’ *UPDATED

Thanks to MR2 for bringing this to my attention.

http://www.redstate.com/dloesch/2013/02/18/colorado-democrat-women-...

This “feel like you’re going to be raped” nonsense is as poorly-worded as the “shut that whole thing down” drama from last fall. If Democrats don’t swiftly condemn this, I see this used as a tactic to showcase the vast lack of respect Democrats have for a woman’s right to self defense.

*UPDATE:

Here is Rep. Salazar’s legislative contact info, with which you can give him your feedback with more courtesy than he’s demonstrated for women above.

State Representative – District 31
Phone: 303-866-2918
joseph.salazar.house@state.co.us
Facebook

Views: 156

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I beg your pardon, Salazar! What a total imbecile.  Can't we find anything but the slime under rocks to run for public office?

Good Post.  Wow.  This is so wrong on so many levels.  First of all most of us know that women see the world differently.  With less upper body strength they fear dark cars, unsafe areas and men far, far more than men fear women.  In view of this, some have said at times in the past:  "God created men and women but Colt made them equal."

The other issue is that I know a few policemen and my guess is that so do you.  The ones I know are quite clear that they cannot be anywhere on the planet in the 10 seconds needed to avoid problems.  It is physically impossible.  So those who say that the police will fix this are daft.  I am one who is in big favor of the police.  But even I know they are not able to be anywhere within seconds.  So what Democrats are doing is again the "royalty thing".  They are saying that Obama and politicians have the right to self defense but people like use are too lowly to have that right.  Never before Obama have I felt so much like they are royalty and we are nothing.

Salazaar said:

“I am a husband and father of two beautiful girls, and I’ve spent the last decade defending women’s rights as a civil rights attorney. Again, I’m deeply sorry if I offended anyone with my comments.”

This man is totally disconnected from the world.  He apparently "defends" women's rights only for the pay check.  He certainly shows no signs by his statements that he understands them.

You're correct RN!  Police officers can't be anywhere in seconds unless, when they get a call they are right around the block! I know because it was my job to send them to calls.  I can't tell you how horrible it is to receive a call from a very scared woman, that is home alone and hears someone trying to break in her house. Having to stay on the phone with the woman while sending an officer to her location, and hearing actual glass break, is probably one of the most unsettling things. It made me feel helpless to help her as I could not make the officers car go any faster than he was already going. Thankfully on that call the officers got to her fast enough and got the guy. I also had another call from a man stating that 2 men were trying to gain access to his residence. He had no gun in his home for protection. He went into a closet with his phone, with me still on the line. He was updating me as I had cars on the way. I heard them break into the residence, could hear them trashing the house. Then I heard them find him! The phone then went dead. I still had officers on the way, but they had to come from the other end of their patrol area.  By the time they got there, he had been tied up and murdered in his own home! They had robbed his house and killed him. Had he had a gun, he would probably be alive today. So, when I hear idiots spouting off on gun control and taking away our right to protect ourselves, it infuriates me. Its personal to me on so many levels. It affected me! If this happened to one of those trying to disarm law abiding citizens, you can bet your bippy they would be wishing THEY had a gun! They make me ill!

I love your comment Robin. If the man had a gun he could have shot those men that were robbing his house. We don't need gun control. It just makes me angry also. Just my thoughts.

Thanks Robyn! Yes, he may have not been killed if he has a weapon. The ones advocating for taking guns away from law abiding citizens have no idea what they are asking! The criminals will always have them. We will not! When they confiscated guns in Australia, crime went up by 300 Percent!  That's what the left is advocating for all of us here.  

One more thing! If I were still dispatching, I have to say I'd be tempted to tell him to "blow his whistle" were he to call me for help! That is all!

And this too....

Unreal. Colorado Lib Says There Are Alternatives to Guns for Self Defense… Like Ballpoint Pens (Video)

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/02/unreal-colorado-lib-says-th...

So should I get a "Bic" or "Pilot"? - Any tips?

Pilot would be my choice. Make sure its a blue one! I love blue, Gris!  Good grief, these people! 

I love the color blue also.

I agree Robin, I believe Pilot is better quality, but with a Bic you can take it apart and shoot spit balls with it. But blue all the way!!!!!

I am a 'blue pen snob,'  and prefer the Pilot also ~ for writing.  What is with these Democrats?  Women should have at least as many self defense options as they do birth control options!   Guns don't kill people, people kill people. 

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

BRING BACK #HUAC

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Watchman replied to Jerseygal's discussion Republicans, Remember 1998
"A couple of thoughts... One of the reasons why there was such a red wave in Florida, and one that…"
Nov 28, 2022
Jerseygal replied to Jerseygal's discussion Republicans, Remember 1998
"This is bit of a history lesson.  It’s worth noting that Trump was not the…"
Nov 9, 2022
Jerseygal posted a discussion
Nov 9, 2022
Jodi180 replied to Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
"No doubt!  Why weren't Republicans telling us about this?? "
Nov 8, 2022
kwicgov55 replied to Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
"Very good article Jodi. I did not know the control dems had over republicans when it came to voter…"
Nov 8, 2022
kwicgov55 liked Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
Nov 8, 2022
Jerseygal replied to Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
"Excellent piece, Jodi!  There was a lot of info in there I didn’t know. It’s a…"
Nov 7, 2022
Jerseygal liked Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
Nov 7, 2022
NativeCollector liked Jodi180's discussion Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument
Nov 7, 2022
Jodi180 posted a discussion

Why we lost in 2020...the most comprehensive and compelling argument

I read this article today by Mollie Hemingway at The Federalist.And after reading it, I…See More
Nov 4, 2022
NativeCollector liked Duke's discussion To all Californians, check this out.
Oct 1, 2022
Duke posted a discussion
Sep 23, 2022
Jerseygal replied to Duke's discussion Hitler reincarnated
"I agree, Duke!  That’s a disgusting speech!!!!  We ALL need to vote Republicans and…"
Sep 4, 2022
NativeCollector liked Duke's discussion Hitler reincarnated
Sep 3, 2022
Jerseygal liked Duke's discussion Hitler reincarnated
Sep 3, 2022
Jerseygal liked Jodi180's discussion Somebody Be In The Way!
Sep 3, 2022

© 2023   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service