CDC says..... Americans should prepare for "significant disruptions" to their lives from Coronavirus

Please prepare for possibly having to stay at home for awhile in case this virus spreads across the US! Get extra food and water!

VIDEO https://abcnews.go.com/International/white-house-requesting-125b-pa...

CDC warns Americans of 'significant disruption' from Coronavirus
Top health officials are asking Americans to prepare for COVID-19.

February 25, 2020

Coronavirus could turn into global pandemic, officials say
Cases in Italy have jumped to over 200 and the Trump administration asked Congress for $2.5 billion to help fight the outbreak as the CDC issued new travel warnings to avoid non-essential travel.
Tomohiro Ohsumi/Getty Images
U.S. health officials issued a strong warning about novel coronavirus on Tuesday -- that it's no longer a matter of if, but when it will spread in the U.S., and that Americans should prepare for a "significant disruption."

Until now, health officials said they'd hoped to prevent community spread in the U.S. But following community transmissions in Italy, Iran and South Korea, health officials believe the virus may not be able to be contained at the border.

This comes in contrast to statements from the Trump administration. Acting Department of Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf said Tuesday the threat to the U.S. from coronavirus "remains low," despite the White House seeking $1.25 billion in emergency funding to combat the virus.

MORE: PHOTOS: Coronavirus outbreak sparks global health emergency
"Ultimately, we expect we will see community spread in this country," Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said Tuesday at a news conference.

Messonnier added that Americans should channel their concern about the virus, officially called COVID-19, into preparing for its arrival.
Americans should continue to practice protective measures -- hand-washing, staying home from work when sick -- while local officials should make sure systems are in place -- teleschooling, working remotely -- should face-to-face interactions need to be reduced. Health care facilities should be prepared to increase telehealth systems and delay elective surgeries should the need arise.

Messonnier noted that every community's response will be different. What's appropriate for a community with local transmission may not be appropriate for a community in which no local transmissions has occurred.

So far there has been no community spread in the United States. Forty-three people repatriated on charter flights from Wuhan, China, or from the Diamond Princess cruise ship have tested positive for COVID-19, and 14 cases have been detected in the U.S. via the country's health system. Among those 57 cases, only two involved human transmission in the United States, and those transmissions were among members of the same household.

MORE: One man's account of what it's like to have novel coronavirus
If the White House's request for funds is improved, the $1.25 billion will be earmarked for accelerated vaccine development, the procurement of equipment and supplies and to support preparedness and response activities, according to the White House Office of Management and Budget.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called the request "long overdue and completely inadequate to the scale of this emergency." She also accused President Donald Trump of leaving "critical positions in charge of managing pandemics at the National Security Council and the Department of Homeland Security vacant."

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Report Suggests That Details Point To Coronavirus Coming From Chinese Lab

A new report from this weekend stated that people should not “buy China’s story” surrounding the origins of the coronavirus from China, suggesting that details may point to the virus likely coming from a Chinese biological lab.

The New York Post reported that Chinese communist dictator Xi Jinping recently spoke about the need to up biosecurity at laboratories due to national security concerns.

The Post speculated that a directive released by the Chinese Ministry of Science and Technology the following day, titled, “Instructions on strengthening biosecurity management in microbiology labs that handle advanced viruses like the novel coronavirus,” was further evidence that something may have happened at one of China’s labs.
Even before Barr was attorney general, the Trump administration had taken an aggressive posture toward places that limit their cooperation with immigration enforcement — threatening to withhold grant money and suing over laws it felt encroached on the federal government’s authority. The administration recently revealed it expects to kick “roughly 175,000 New Yorkers” out of Global Entry and other Trusted Traveler Programs by the end of this year and bar others from joining, in retaliation for that state limiting immigration agents’ access to the state’s driver’s license data.

But much of the effort has been stymied in court.

Determining a link between illegal immigration and other crimes has proven difficult statistically, though some research shows that immigrants are less likely to commit crimes than those who are native born. Trump and Barr have cited a number of high-profile examples of those in the country illegally committing crimes to support their case, and Barr accused them Monday of breaking the law.

https://r.search.aol.com/_ylt=A0geJaFYtVVe.AoAjltpCWVH;_ylu=X3oDMTB...

I said the same thing to Rick before I saw what Rush had said about the Coronavirus. California declared a state of emergency for this today! WHY? Cali isn't having 100's of people with the virus. Seems they are doing it to help tank the economy to hurt Trump. I agree JG, it won't work!

Tanking their economy is what they are good at.

Is China sending their infected people here through our southern border?

BREAKING:

Three Chinese nationals were apprehended trying to cross our Southern border illegally

Each had flu-like symptoms

Border patrol quickly quarantined them and assessed any threat of Coronavirus

Our weak border is a health risk

Close the border—Build. The. Wall.

President Trump’s aggressive coronavirus response

Under President Trump’s leadership, the full weight of the U.S. Government is working to protect the health and safety of the American people.

Decisive action from President Trump at the beginning of the outbreak—including prudent travel restrictions and an early containment strategy—has given local officials time to prepare. Last month, the President formed a Coronavirus Task Force, led by Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar and comprised of subject-matter experts, to organize a whole-of-government response.

As a result, America has been able to stay ahead of the outbreak as it develops abroad.

The Trump Administration also recently requested new funding authorities from Congress. With this action, the Administration expects to allocate at least $2.5 billion to fight the coronavirus. That funding will go toward public health preparedness, laboratory testing, quarantine costs, the development of vaccines, and other healthcare priorities.

One principle in particular has defined President Trump’s approach: radical transparency. Rather than keep Americans in the dark, the Administration wants citizens to be able to see inside each step of the process. The President also wants all Americans to understand how their government is working hard to keep them safe.

“We’re taking this incredibly serious here in the United States,” Secretary Azar said. “We are doing the most aggressive containment efforts in modern history to prevent further spread in the United States. We’re going to continue taking those measures.”

Getting treated for coronavirus could cost more than $3,000 — and it might make some everyday Americans broke.

A Miami resident checked into a hospital for flu-like symptoms after a work trip to China, taking precautions in case he was sick from the novel coronavirus, according to a widely circulated Miami Herald report.
He didn't have a coronavirus infection, but received a notice from his insurance company that he might owe more than $3,200
Half of American households have $4,500 or less in easily accessed checkings or savings accounts, which means many might go broke trying to afford coronavirus treatment.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Coronavirus is threatening due to its lethality — and its cost.

A Miami Herald report from Monday has widely circulated around social media, documenting Miami resident Osmel Martinez Azcue checking himself into Miami's Jackson Memorial Hospital for flu-like symptoms after arriving back in the US from a work trip to China. Azcue was concerned that his symptoms could have come from exposure to the novel coronavirus rapidly spreading in China and elsewhere.

As reporter Ben Conarck detailed, Azcue asked to be tested for the flu before getting a CT scan to screen for coronavirus because he has a limited insurance plan.

Turns out, Azcue did have the flu. He also now has a medical bill worth thousands — $3,270 to be exact. Hospital officials told Conarck that Azcue would only need to foot $1,400 of the bill, but Azcue said he has to provide his insurer with three years of medical records proving the flu didn't relate to a pre-existing condition.

While the $3,200 bill is the result of one case and can't necessarily be applied to everyone nationwide, comparing it to the financial state of everyday Americans paints a dire picture.

Per a SmartAsset analysis of Federal Reserve data, half of American households had $4,500 or less in checking or savings accounts as of 2016. If they were to do the same as Azcue and get tested for the flu, they may not have enough saved to cover costs. A bill of that size could wipe out their savings entirely, or at the very least, put a huge dent in them.

https://www.aol.com/article/finance/2020/02/27/getting-treated-for-...

I've seen this more than once. This virus comes back on you! I'm thinking once you have it and you get well, you will always have it. Carrier! This is scary.

A tour guide in Japan tested positive for the coronavirus for a 2nd time, less than a month after recovering.

A woman in her 40s living in Japan tested positive for the coronavirus for a second time on Wednesday, less than four weeks after recovering from her first infection.
The patient is a tour guide in Osaka prefecture, and first caught the disease from being on a bus with tourists from Wuhan, China, where the virus first broke out, local media said.
How she contracted the virus a second time is not yet clear.
Health experts have said that it is possible that the immune system's ability to fight coronavirus after one infection is not strong or long-lasting.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
A woman in Osaka, Japan, has fallen ill with the coronavirus for the second time, weeks after her first recovery, officials announced.

The patient, identified as a woman in her 40s living in Osaka, tested positive for COVID-19 on Wednesday, the government officials in the Osaka prefecture said.

Though officials did not reveal any more about her identity, Japanese national broadcaster NHK and Reuters reported that she worked as a tour guide in Osaka.

This timeline shows her first and second infections, according to the Osaka government:

January 29: She tests positive for the first time. According to NHK, she had been on a bus with tourists from Wuhan, the Chinese city where the virus first broke out.
February 1: She is discharged from the hospital.
February 6: She is declared virus-free.
February 19: She goes the doctor with throat and chest pains, and is sent home afterward.
February 21, 22, and 25: She visits the doctor three more times with throat and chest pains.
February 26: She test positive for the second time.
Between February 19 and 26, she wore a mask, stayed home to rest, and had no close contact with anyone, the Osaka government said. She is now being treated in an Osaka hospital, NHK reported.

How the woman's second infection came about is so far not clear.

Though she is the first person in Japan to definitely catch the virus more than once, such cases have taken place in China before, Reuters reported.

Though most patients seem to make full recoveries, reinfections are possible.

https://www.aol.com/article/lifestyle/2020/02/27/a-tour-guide-in-ja...

I just wanted to let you all know I checked and updated my food supplies and water. I also bought the proper masks today! Almost every mask on Amazon is out of stock! If you're thinking about getting masks, do it now, don't wait! I have to have masks for Rick!

Dr. Michael Baden: Why I am worried about the coronavirus

Dr. Michael Baden, renowned forensic pathologist and a Fox News contributor, said Thursday that while he believes it is still much too early to be concerned about the impact of coronavirus being comparable to the Spanish flu, he is worried that "it could be serious."

In an interview on "Fox & Friends" with hosts Steve Doocy, Ainsley Earhardt, and Pete Hegseth, Baden said that the problem with coronavirus lies in its novelty.

"This doesn't compare to [the Spanish flu] as [of] now, but the problem here is that with the coronavirus, people can be sick and be contagious and have the bug in them and feel healthy," he explained.

"We haven't done enough studies," he continued. "Less than a thousand people [who] have been studied in the United States so far have been tested for it. We don't know how many people [there are who] are walking around now who are contagious and don't know they are sick. So, that's why all the research has to be done [at the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)].]They are looking at that right now, but we just don't know and it could be more serious than we think it is or less serious."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-michael-baden-coronavirus-worries....

Now, California monitoring 8,400 people for the virus!

Over 200 now being monitored in Massachusetts

I believe that the coronavirus came from a Chinese lab, not a Chinese market, as most media are reporting. We can only surmise what the truth is. 

Regardless, I believe that president Trump and his administration, are doing the best they can in preparing for a coronavirus outbreak, while the democrats are doing their best to thwart Trump's efforts, while spreading lies and fear through MSM.Democrats are also trying to remove money for the border wall, allowing infected people to cross illegally into our country. 

There have been leftist on social media hoping that conservatives and Trump supporters get the coronavirus and die. Those people are the face of the democratic party of today. Pure evil!

Ultimately, we are all responsible for our well being, and should make sure we are prepared. Not for just the coronavirus, but for any potential disaster.  

I agree with you!! I also believe it came from a lab as well. I think it is airborne too. Everyone should always be prepared no matter what because we never know what could happen. Storms, grid taken down, etc!

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

BRING BACK #HUAC

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

kwicgov55 liked Watchman's discussion 10 Reasons Why I Believe Trump Will Be Reelected
yesterday
kwicgov55 replied to Ruthann's discussion Paul Harvey 1965 Broadcast is relevant today!
"I loved Paul Harvey and listened to him often. Although I remember hearing this on the radio when…"
yesterday
kwicgov55 liked Ruthann's discussion Paul Harvey 1965 Broadcast is relevant today!
yesterday
kwicgov55 liked Watchman's discussion Trump vs fake news circa 1990
yesterday
kwicgov55 replied to Doug Fox's discussion Traitors Justice II
"The video has been taken down and the user for the account has been terminated! I do not know what…"
yesterday
Duke posted a discussion

Gov. Hairdo and California

So Newsom wants to limit family gatherings for Thanksgiving and Christmas and any other holiday to…See More
Sunday
Watchman replied to Jerseygal's discussion History Is on the Side of Republicans Filling a Supreme Court Vacancy in 2020
"I fully expect ACB will be confirmed. The Dems have all but given up on fighting that battle.…"
Friday
Robin replied to Jerseygal's discussion History Is on the Side of Republicans Filling a Supreme Court Vacancy in 2020
"GOP-led Senate panel advances Barrett despite Dems' boycott WASHINGTON (AP) — The Senate…"
Thursday
Robin replied to Duke's discussion California
"Wow Duke, that is horrible. I thought NJ was bad, but, you have it far worse than we do here. I…"
Thursday
Duke replied to Duke's discussion California
"It's great to see folks line the streets just to watch his motorcade pass by like in Laguna…"
Oct 21
Robin replied to Watchman's discussion 10 Reasons Why I Believe Trump Will Be Reelected
"I agree with all 10~! I feel in my gut, he will be reelected by a landslide, even with the…"
Oct 20
Robin liked Watchman's discussion 10 Reasons Why I Believe Trump Will Be Reelected
Oct 20
Robin replied to Doug Fox's discussion Traitors Justice II
"Chuck Callesto @ChuckCallesto BREAKING REPORT: FBI and DOJ both agree, HUNTER BIDEN EMAILS ARE NOT…"
Oct 20
"Matthew Tyrmand @MatthewTyrmand BREAKING: hearing that Bevan Cooney has just been removed from the…"
Oct 20
"Exclusive: Biden Defector’s Emails Reveal Hunter’s Associates Viewed Direct…"
Oct 20
"BOOM! Rudy Giuliani Announces New Documents to Be Released Wednesday Will Show Financial Crimes and…"
Oct 20

© 2020   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service