A WARNING About A Medical Treatment My Husband Was Getting For His Cancer, And, An Apology From Me!

I wanted to both warn everyone about a medical treatment my husband was getting for his cancer that has caused horrible side effects, in case you, or, anyone you know ever have to take it, and, apologize for being so absent on the site as of late! Rick has been in the hospital from May 29th until yesterday June 15th after having to undego surgery. He is now home with visiting nurses and I am giving him his IV Antibiotics myself every day. 

The name is IVIG Immunoglobulins.  It is given to people for a whole variety of reasons, not just cancer.

Rick was getting this for his stage 3 Non-Hogkins Lymphoma because his immune system is compromised. His cancer lives in his lymph nodes. The Immunoglobulin transfusions were supposed to boost his immune system. Instead, it actually broke down the tissues in his lower extremities, causing his legs and feet to break out in 8 large ulcers, mimicking those ulcers you would see in a diabetic. He does not have diabetes.  If you notice any redness of skin or itching anywhere on your body after getting this, please tell the doctor immediately. Rick got very red palms and back itching at first, but, that went away, so, he kept getting it. Then, months later he started getting the ulcers.  

We had no idea that in a very small percentage of people who get this (5%) it can cause the tissues in the lower extremities to actually break down and cause this problem. We have been treating these ulcers for months now, and, one ulcer actually turned necrotic. (Gangrene) Rick ALMOST lost his right leg.  

Thank goodness for his infectious doctor and surgeon, they saved his leg.  It is good to have him home and to not be running to the hospital every day. Me giving him the IV every 8 hours is a bit nerve wracking, but, I can do this. Did it before. 

I'll post some pictures for you all to see.

Thanks and God Bless

Robin

Views: 106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jerome, you are a doll. Thank you for the prayers. I really appreciate that and you. The lord does hear our prayers. One day you could share your story if you would like. I am here to listen. God Bless you my friend!

Hi Robin

I have been praying for you both.  I also have cancer {Nasal pharyngeal  ) and understand the effects of side effects of the medications .I'm presently on experimental drugs. My heart goes out to him and what he is going through.  I know this has been extremely hard of you and him. I just wish they would find a cure with all the research they have done over the years.  

I will continue those prayers in hopes that he will recover the best he can.  Having you there for him I'm sure will mean a great deal to his healing.  Love you and God Bless you both.

Adding you to my prayer list Mahcookie.

Hello Mah,

Oh my goodness, I had no idea you were going through this, Mah. My heart breaks for you my friend. I too, wish they could find a cure for cancer. It is affecting so many people in so many different ways.I'd like to give you a great big hug right now. I am praying that they can find something in those experimental drugs that will help you get rid of this.

I have done alot of research since Rick was diagnosed. Found some things that are alternative to regular meds or treatments. One being Dandelion Root for cancer. Spoke about it with Ricks infectious doc and he advised me to give it to him. He believes in it. It has helped with his oxygen levels since he started taking it when his nebulizer meds did not.

Mah, I am here for you when you need to talk. Just inbox me because I know what you are going through and I want to be here when and if you need me. I am a very good listener. I am praying for you and I love you too! God Bless you, Mah.

I'm so sorry to hear, Mah.  Prayers are coming your way, as well. 

My heart goes out to you and Rick...and my prayers for his recovery and your continued strength will continue.

Dealing with a critically ill loved one is probably the hardest thing a person can experience.  It saps your energy, moods swing wildly as glimpses of hope appear and disappear, things you care about become less and trying to put on your game face gets harder.  Oh...and it's terrifying.

Never feel alone and be reminded of the thoughts and prayers that come your way...every day.  xoxo

Hi Jodi,

It is very draining being a caregiver of a loved one. This is the 2nd time in my life I have done this. I cared for my father for 8 years until he passed, in my home on Hospice. Now, I am once again a caregiver for my husband. Thank goodness I am not afraid to clean wounds and to give IV antibiotics, or, Rick would have had to stay in the hospital.

Thank you so very much for your prayers,support and for being a good friend, Jodi. Love you!

When I hear of the medical problems others have today, make mine insignificant from 10 years ago.  With prayers from my family and friends here and around the globe, God and healed me.  It is my prayers for you too Mah and Rick and Robin from the top of my daily prayer list.  

Jerome

No ones medical problems are insignificant, my friend. We are here for you too, and, we all need to know that we mean something to others. You prayers are very welcomed and I appreciate you.

Robin, you have no need to apologize. We always have to take care of family first. Thanks for the info, both personally and clinically on what these drugs do. 

Prayers for Rick, prayers for you and family. 

God bless. 

Thank you so much for your prayers and, kind words, Gris!  God Bless 

RSS

Attention:

Please view our mission, policy, and legal disclaimer to learn about us by visiting the main menu.  Thank you.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

BRING BACK #HUAC

http://bit.ly/2mqIVmH 

CONTACT CONGRESS!

Let your voice be counted!

House:  http://1.usa.gov/mHZjgo

Senate:  http://1.usa.gov/3UAs

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR NATION.

national debt

Founders' Corner

Latest Activity

Jodi180 replied to Jodi180's discussion Jim Jordan Is A Man of Integrity Being Railroaded With Factless Allegations
""Goody two-shoes?"  Now I like him even more. Abused Ohio State wrestler says Jim…"
6 hours ago
Robin replied to Jodi180's discussion Peter Stzrok: 'This is horribly wrong'
"From Tony Schaffer Peter Strzok's arrogance is the product of a corrupt FBI - supported by…"
8 hours ago
Robin replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Brett Kavanaugh is nominated by Trump to succeed Supreme Court Justice Anthony M. Kennedy
"I'm pleased too. I saw that Joe Manchin told Schumer to basically "shut up" LOL"
9 hours ago
Robin replied to Robin's discussion Rosenstein Impeachment Filing Timeline Leaked
"This makes me laugh so much. Rosenstein not smiling anymore after House Republican’s spotted…"
9 hours ago
Robin replied to Robin's discussion Fiery Strozk Hearing... Goodlatte Threatens To Hold Strozk In Contempt
"It is sounding that way. I bet they made her an offer she couldn't refuse.…"
9 hours ago
Robin liked Robin's discussion Fiery Strozk Hearing... Goodlatte Threatens To Hold Strozk In Contempt
9 hours ago
Jerseygal replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Brett Kavanaugh is nominated by Trump to succeed Supreme Court Justice Anthony M. Kennedy
"I think he will be confirmed without much drama.   The left will try their usual, old, tired…"
9 hours ago
Jerseygal replied to Robin's discussion Fiery Strozk Hearing... Goodlatte Threatens To Hold Strozk In Contempt
"News reports are making it sound like Lisa Page may roll over on her lover....Bwahahaha "
9 hours ago
Griswold replied to Jodi180's discussion Peter Stzrok: 'This is horribly wrong'
"Soros "
16 hours ago
Robin replied to Jodi180's discussion Peter Stzrok: 'This is horribly wrong'
"LMBO JB!"
21 hours ago
JeansBrother replied to Jodi180's discussion Peter Stzrok: 'This is horribly wrong'
"Never, ever forget to include the rich Uncle!  Sam's the man (or woman or tranny or…"
21 hours ago
JeansBrother replied to Robin's discussion Rosenstein Impeachment Filing Timeline Leaked
"Sounds about right to me."
21 hours ago
Robin replied to JeansBrother's discussion NRA-ILA GRASSROOTS VOLUME 25, NUMBER 26
"The left will make Brett Kavanaugh and his family's life a living hell. I expect something…"
22 hours ago
Robin liked JeansBrother's discussion NRA-ILA GRASSROOTS VOLUME 25, NUMBER 26
22 hours ago
Robin replied to Fundamental Refounding's discussion Brett Kavanaugh is nominated by Trump to succeed Supreme Court Justice Anthony M. Kennedy
"The left will make this man and his family's life a living hell. I expect something like…"
22 hours ago
Robin liked Fundamental Refounding's discussion Brett Kavanaugh is nominated by Trump to succeed Supreme Court Justice Anthony M. Kennedy
22 hours ago

TRAFFIC

© 2018   Fundamental Refounding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service